1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Generating Traffic

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by rock122, Feb 6, 2008.

Ok I've browsed the forum, used the search feature, and read a very nice ebook by a member of this board. My problem revolves around generating traffic. I got my site up and running yesterday. First thing I did was go to digg and begin the social bookmarking by making a post about my site. However I don't understand how digg or any social networking site would matter for the types of sites we have. Most people are there to look at interesting articles not a post on like a watch selling site (which is not what I'm doing but an example of something too boring for people to care). Is it worth posting to the other social networking sites and if so is there a method to it?

What other steps can I take because I just cannot figure out a way to get a site like the ebay stores to be interesting enough for people to want to go to them.

Btw since yesterday I have gotten all of 2 unique visitors.

P.S. Please don't hesitate to tell me all the work I have to do I'm willing to put in all the hours I need. I could definitely use a side income because despite my regular part time job college is quite expensive.

rock122, Feb 6, 2008 IP
  2. anil595

anil595 Active Member

Best Answers:
    use nice keywords in your site,Your website crawls by search engies and you will get traffic.I recommend you to lean seo(search engine optimization.)

anil595, Feb 6, 2008 IP
  3. bitsy

bitsy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Links work the best. Start by using you Sig here when your able, and don't put your domain either like "hotwatch.com" use a keyword your shooting for like "used watches" for your link text,get the example? Last but not least join a forum(s) for your niche' or as close to it as possible. Only use a forum(s) that allows you to use a sig. Spend a hour or two a day being active in threads and posts,drop a link here and there when it fits in a post. Doing this should get you fast visitors targeted to your site and items for sale. This is the big reason alot of pro's around here say you should have some intrest and knowledge in your niche'. Or there is always Adwords :(

bitsy, Feb 6, 2008 IP
  4. sheldy

sheldy Banned

Best Answers:
    exchanging links from other webmasters are also the easiest way to get unique visitors, you should try to submit your site in free derictory.... or buy some unique visitors for your site.

sheldy, Feb 6, 2008 IP
  5. pinforum

pinforum Banned

Best Answers:
    You should learn seo. Seo is the most efficiant way to survive

pinforum, Feb 6, 2008 IP
  6. pinforum

pinforum Banned

Best Answers:
    Another way you hv is adword but you hv to earn it to save your money

pinforum, Feb 6, 2008 IP
  7. Game Producer

Game Producer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    [#1] Alright... for starters. You say "However I don't understand how digg or any social networking site would matter for the types of sites we have.". This makes me think - what kind of site is it if people who could share it with each other wouldn't be interested?

[#2] Read these traffic getting tips

Game Producer, Feb 6, 2008 IP
  8. Sheff

Sheff Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm getting a little bit of traffic, but my blog is lacking a niche. I have zero conversions because I think I have no idea who is coming to my site or why.

I'm thinking of starting another blog with a tighter niche. I'm not really sure where to take the one I have and how to focus it.

Sheff, Feb 6, 2008 IP