1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking to improve SERP

Discussion in 'SEO' started by terminator69, Feb 5, 2008.

Well my site is http://hilltophoods.info, It's appearing on 2nd page for "hilltop hoods", so I would like to increase that to first page, any suggestions? should i buy a few more links?

terminator69, Feb 5, 2008 IP
  2. JennyGirl

JennyGirl Peon

Best Answers:
    if you want to improve rankings for the work 'hiltop hoods' you should :
    1) Make Your page's title more clear - what is Hilltop hoods (most people will not know you) - Hittop Hoods | Australian Hip-Hop
    2) Insert same text in the home page with a H1 Tag. For example - Instead of just have Hittop Hoods appear on top:
    <h1>Hilltop Hoods - The Freshest Australian Hip Hop Band </h1> in the code will increase the font and tell the search engine this is an important kw in the text

JennyGirl, Feb 6, 2008 IP
    terminator69 likes this.
  3. shaila

shaila Guest

Best Answers:
    I suggest not to buy links because it might harm your site and cause your site to be penalize. Build more backlinks for your site using your targeted and competitive keywords.

shaila, Feb 6, 2008 IP
    terminator69 likes this.
  4. Amits

Amits Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi terminator you should stop buying links first of all b'coz they may harm you in a long run and try to get links by reciprocals or on way from the sites of your own niche.

Hope you will work on this and see the outcome.

Amits, Feb 9, 2008 IP
    terminator69 likes this.
  5. great_ww

great_ww Peon

Best Answers:
    agree with amits...
    although I am a rather newbie in webmaster stuffs, at the moment I want to try as natural as I could in building my backlink.

I myself just wonder until now how could my 3months-old blog could have PR 4 although it has few backlinks...

great_ww, Feb 10, 2008 IP