1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Islam what it really is

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by mr877, Feb 5, 2008.

I posted this in the other thread but here it is my english sucks but bear with me... This is about a father who killed his daughter because she was dating a non muslim.
    In a nut shell here i am trying to say that the way alot muslims these days portray islam is wrong.

So here we go!

"DO NOT BE MISTAKEN islam does not say this nor does it propogate this. The father is way out of bounds on killing thier daughters (i am muslim and consider my self practising to the best of my abilities)

i am nither a schoolar but those articles on freedom faith i can easily tear up and rip to shreds (metphorically).

it is a shame no one talk about the good islam offers for example

the prophet Muhammed (S.A.W) in his early years was walking in a near by town (this was when the people of mecca were still non- muslim) so anyways he saw an old lady carrying food/ stuff etc. So he offered her to help and so she accepted while they were walking she was explaining to him that " you know there is a man named Muhammed in the next town spreading lies rumors and your a nice person so I am just warning You" and so she kept saying bad things about the prophet Muhammed (S.A.W) but he said nothing just smiled

So when they arrived at thier destination he put down her load and she asked him "what is your name?" and he replies "Mohammed" she immediately fell and accepted islam.

did you also know that islam was the first religion to give women thier protection.

Back then women were treated a "burden" and often in the middle east before islam if a child was born and if it were a girl and the men found out they would bury it alive!!

Women were treated very harshly but it is islam that first gave women thier protection and rights.

Islam and our prophet (S.A.W) does not permit us to even lay hand on our women folk.

So why do some still do it? well its not becuase of religion but becuase of culture they are two different things...

BTW the story above was as best as i can recall it i will try to find the actual words if i can post it, but I just said the story in a nutshell...

But wait i have another a story for you...

Again this is summed up...

Again back in the prophets days there mosques did not have roofs so keep that in mind. So anyways one a prisioner was captured by muslims and tied up on a piller for 3 days (everything provided food etc.) Im pretty sure it was in the mosque that he was tied up in but can not recall.

So anyways after the first day he was asked accept islam and you will be let go. So he said "no"

Second day again he was asked accept islam and again he said "no"

On the third day again he was asked to accept islam and again he replied as "no"

So now they let him loose and said ok your free. And so then he walks back in a says "i want to accept islam"

And they asked why didnt you just do it earlier and i said i did not want it too seem as you were forcing me.

but the question here is why did he accept. he certainly was not forced then why did he do it? The answers lays here, in his heart he was affected by his surroundings. he saw in those 3 day how the muslims lived, how they flourished, how they managed with each other. With what respect they had for each other and he was just moved by what he saw.
    (allah's decision)

So in short the way the muslims are portraying islam these days is wrong we are not doing it right.

In the prophet(S.A.W) many people did not even have to be asked to accept islam they came to it why? becuase they saw it portryed in the proper way and such a beutiful way it is...

I urge you do your research before you post anything on islam if you have any questions feel free to pm me."

mr877, Feb 5, 2008 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.
  2. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Most of the researchers here are known to conduct research only on Anti-Muslim propaganda sites. It is depressing, & disgusting..

Anyways, I appreciate your efforts for providing good information.

Muslims have to educate themselves. I have seen it all. They're stuck in old traditions and customs, and the most importantly, have become ignorant. Drastic steps need to be taken to bring Muslims into the mainstream way of thinking.

Muslims are violent. They are stuck in the middle ages. Unfortunately, we're getting nowhere.

Education is the key. Modern, Western education is the key IMO. We can bring change within 20 years if we work hard enough. And the new generation will walk with equal footing with the rest of the world.

Thinking like we're still in the middle ages is a sure-shot recipe for disaster, and we're already seeing signs of it.

Poverty is another problem facing Muslims and Non-Muslims alike. Look at Africa... It seems like God has cursed that continent. Pain, Disease, Poverty...

gauharjk, Feb 5, 2008 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.
  3. mr877

mr877 Banned

Best Answers:
    yes i do agree alot a muslims are violent unfortunately but dont be fooled islam is not... also they are sort of stuck in that dog eat dog world so for them understand can be difficult.

Unfortunately for africa my heart aches for it. and the worst is that if global warming keeps going africa will be the hardest hit.

mr877, Feb 5, 2008 IP
  4. cdpm

cdpm Banned

Best Answers:
    yeah, agree..but islam is the best religion in the world and can be a good example to everybody in this world

cdpm, Feb 6, 2008 IP
  5. TechEvangelist

TechEvangelist Guest

Best Answers:
    All I can say is that the peaceful Muslims need to take control of their religion. The bad guys are getting all of the coverage and they are giving you a bad reputation.

There are clearly two sides to Islam. There is the peaceful side and there is the terrorist jihadist side. The news media only covers the bad guys because people pay attention to threats.

Taliban rule has been portrayed as a pure Islamic state. If that is true, there is something seriously wrong with what the peaceful Muslim people are saying. It is a contradiction. There is nothing good about the Taliban. To Western people, it is every bit as evil as Nazi Germany was in 1944.

What are your views on the Taliban or the jihadists?

TechEvangelist, Feb 7, 2008 IP
    wisdomtool and lordadel like this.
  6. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    You are right! Problem of Muslim is not the religion but those that are hijacking the religion for their own violent means, crying out Allah is Great while beheading others and the likes. They do it under the banner of Islam. While the western media has been lapping up all these stories and adding to it. It is high time Main Stream Muslims put in their efforts and strengths to let others know the real face of Islam.

The terrorists had smeared the religion name beyond recognition and western media are more or less playing to the fears of non Muslims, what you are posting here are great, but this is a limited audience, the whole world needs to know the true nature of Islam which only you as a moderate main stream can help.

wisdomtool, Feb 7, 2008 IP
  7. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Taliban were nothing but a bunch of illiterate fools, savages, who were armed and trained by USA to fight a war of attrition against the Soviet Union.

Talibs don't represent true Islam. They're just a rag-tag bunch of heavily armed, brainwashed criminals.

But I do not know what you mean by Jihadists. If you mean Jihadists are Al Quida, I agree with you. They are the worst offenders in the eyes of God.

The Holy Quran says "[SIZE=-1]Whoever kills an innocent soul, it is as if he killed the whole of mankind"[/SIZE]

There are stringent Rules of Warfare. You cannot go and randomly kill anybody.

You are not allowed to kill non-combatants.

gauharjk, Feb 7, 2008 IP
  8. TechEvangelist

TechEvangelist Guest

Best Answers:
    Good point, but they kill many more non-combatants than they do combatants. It appears that they mostly target innocent civilians because they are easy targets.

Perhaps Islamic leaders should stress the fact that they will all end up in Hell for doing so.

The Taliban didn't exist in any numbers when the USA was helping the mujahedeen fight the Russians. They were just one of many small groups of fighters. That was a Cold War issue. Pakistan's ISI helped create the Taliban, not the USA. The USA left when the Russians left. The Taliban came to power after that.

An Afghani friend always says the Taliban is not made up of Afghanis. He blames them more than the Russians for destroying his country.

TechEvangelist, Feb 8, 2008 IP
  9. wisdomtool

Best Answers:
    The "They" are terrorists hijacking Islam for their own cause. Though I agree that the Islamic leaders should condemn these gang that their fate is Hell.

wisdomtool, Feb 8, 2008 IP
  10. Ibn Juferi

Ibn Juferi Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think this is a rather false representation of what the Taliban were all about. I found this blog post that might explain the issue with clarity.

Ibn Juferi, Feb 8, 2008 IP
  11. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You are pointing to menji's blog! He is one of the most popular dis-informationist that I have seen. He will on one hand agree with all the laws that islam has about killing the kafir and on the other hand say that it doesn't happen. Just like the specific blog you linked to. He defends the taliban and basically says that the videos of beheadings are not real.

If this is something you agree with, then you are as extreme as menji and the so-called islam hijackers (aka those who follow mohamuds book)

OH Wait! you are menji!

debunked, Feb 8, 2008 IP
  12. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:

"I found this blog post that might explain"

C'mon man. You don't need to pretend to find something you wrote.

MENJ is 27/m/BTHO. Pursuing a degree programme at APIIT, he is currently a full-time ProBlogger and Web Directory Owner and owns VCTech Network, an Internet marketing and SEO company. He is also an Muslim Internet activist and student of Comparative Religion, dedicated to combating misinformation about Islam.​

I love this part too:

"As for the destruction of the Bamiyan Buddha statues, it was in response to the hypocrisy of the international community who refused aid to the Afghan people who were living in dire straits at the time, and yet were more concerned about the statues. So Mullah Omar issued the order to destroy the statues. In any case, there is absolute justification for it"​

And this:

"I believe that the stories of the Taliban shooting people in cold blood, amputation and mistreating their women are all bish-bosh and crap, highly exaggerated and is simply anti-Islamic propaganda of the Western powers."​

browntwn, Feb 8, 2008 IP
  13. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    So when do we get to talk about the bad things that Islam offers without the Queen of Hearts going on a rampage?

The neighbors always say that the serial killer next door was such a nice person. All the "good" is irrelavent. The fact is this "Islam" is murdering people all over the world in an effort to make it the world religion.

Are you trying to convince us all that we should overlook the bloodshed and just accept Islam because it has some "good."

Please do tell what "good" Islam offers that no other belief system in the world offers? And how does that "good" make it okay for Islam to call for the murder of those who reject it?

Islam is as Islam rules. So do show us the paradise that Islam has to offer. There are plenty of Islamic countries to choose from.

KalvinB, Feb 8, 2008 IP
  14. DiscJockey

DiscJockey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sure Islam doesn't force itself into anyone. It certainly doesn't murder those that disbelieve in it. :rolleyes:

DiscJockey, Feb 8, 2008 IP
  15. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    And yet the very same book calls for the death of unbelievers.

KalvinB, Feb 8, 2008 IP
  16. wisdomtool

Best Answers:
    IMHO you cannot base on a few isolated incidents to condemn Islam as a whole and as a religion. As given above by the OP, I do not see it as anything wrong, just that there are those who commit atrocities in the name of the religion, they are hijacking Islam for their own ends.

wisdomtool, Feb 8, 2008 IP
  17. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    Christians don't make excuses for people who murder in the name of their religion.

KalvinB, Feb 8, 2008 IP
  18. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Few?

Here is that short list of isolated incidents of murder.

debunked, Feb 8, 2008 IP
  19. d_pro

d_pro Banned

Best Answers:
    Does not seem so to me:

Taken from that very blog post. Seems that you hate this "MENJ" character a lot, even though he is not here to defend yourself.

d_pro, Feb 8, 2008 IP
  20. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    So you agree that the beheading videos are fake?

KalvinB, Feb 8, 2008 IP