1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO question: car forum sig links for my car site

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by andrej, Feb 4, 2008.

I have a car videos blog that now ranks on the 10th page in Google for its main keyword. And of course I'd like to get it ranked on the first page in Google.

I consider buying a lifetime signature link on an automotive forum from a member who has over 2,500 posts, the sig links are do-follow and the forum is PR3.

I think it should be all fine, as it would be natural and car related links. However, I'm afraid that if I get 2,500 links with the same anchor text in one day, Google might consider this as link spamming, can't it? Also, it would be too many links in one day, wouldn't it?

One more thing: 2,500 links is a big number, but from the same forum. What do you think - how much could this help (how many pages in Google ranking) - if it even would help and not hurt.

andrej, Feb 4, 2008 IP
  2. onlinemoney

onlinemoney Banned

Best Answers:
    may i know that car forum from which u got that sig links ???

i too have automotive sites and wanna increase their backlinks more n more ... thanx if u give the info of it :)

and about ur Q ... that 2500 backlinks won't be counted or seen at same day through se's .... its on the crawling date when the forum pages are crawled with your site link into it.

onlinemoney, Feb 4, 2008 IP
  3. andrej

andrej Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Any SEO experts can confirm this? I'm really afraid of that getting 2,500 backlinks in one day could hurt my site's rankings. The same applies to buying sig links on DP from members with lots of posts.

andrej, Feb 5, 2008 IP
  4. kelouba

kelouba Peon

Best Answers:
    Google does not see all the links at once, it will pick them up as it spiders the relevant pages.

Its not good to have more than 50% of your incoming links with the same anchor though. So it depends on how many incoming links you have in total.

kelouba, Feb 5, 2008 IP
    andrej likes this.
  5. arcel

arcel Banned

Best Answers:
    nah. i think it's ok posting 2.5k backlinks in a day.

arcel, Feb 5, 2008 IP
  6. Trapped

Trapped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am not a big fan of lifetime things (even if the price is a real bargain). But from seo perspective a dofollow backlink from a related www (is it a forum, blog, site) is relevant.

Considering the number of users forums have, and the number of footer links each user has, the "food" that a link from forums can give is nothing huge. But from another point of view, forums are regularly updated and attract spider bots, finding the link will crawl your site more often.

Long story made short, they are good for one thing but not for another thing. Just do your math and you'll figure out if it is worth or not.

Trapped, Feb 5, 2008 IP
    andrej likes this.
  7. andrej

andrej Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I never knew that. Most of my sites have 80-90% of links with the same, main keyword, so I should start building links with other keywords more.

andrej, Feb 5, 2008 IP
  8. kelouba

kelouba Peon

Best Answers:
    For sure, the more anchors the better really.

kelouba, Feb 5, 2008 IP
  9. gotlinks

gotlinks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sig links dont help much anymore bud, just build strong links from relative sites.

gotlinks, Feb 5, 2008 IP