1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Doing it ALL BY YOURSELF (raise your hands)

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by passinthru, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Fka200

Fka200 Guest

Best Answers:
    Everything in the last 2 years has been done by me. I reached a point where to get where I want to be compared to where I am... there MUST be help. Contacted some people and will hopefully set some dates up for new projects in the upcoming months. Weeding out the bad ideas right now and will hopefully see what the future has to hold!

Fka200, Feb 4, 2008 IP
  2. patataur

patataur Peon

Best Answers:
    I did all by myself, but am starting to have other people into it. It is great at some point, when learning by yourself would take too much time.

Say, you'd like a java stuff on your site, you might decide to do it yourself, spend a month to learn java basics and poorly write code, or pay 200$ a guy who would do a great job in half a day.

patataur, Feb 4, 2008 IP
  3. passinthru

passinthru Peon

Best Answers:
    I try to take weekends off, but that doesn't always happen.....:( To think, I quit my day job because I thought this would be easier... oh snap!

I had my first $2k month in January (woohooo!!) after 18 months of hard work. My site has about 500 articles, each written by me. But lately it's getting harder & harder to come up with new material.

Like Noddegamra sez, hiring a writer would be great. Also I need to quit pretending I can write php... I need to hire a real webmaster!

I hear you bro!!!

passinthru, Feb 4, 2008 IP
  4. vgen

vgen Peon

Best Answers:
    I am doing it all by myself. I feel there is strange feeling of accomplishment when you do it all. And it also motivates you....some day when my blog brings tons of money, I'll hire someone :)

vgen, Feb 4, 2008 IP
  5. Proximity

Proximity Banned

Best Answers:
    I do all the promotions myself.

Proximity, Feb 4, 2008 IP
  6. SEOLinker

SEOLinker Banned

Best Answers:
    Anyway, get what you do. It's normal. After 6 monthes you will be at $100 a day I bet, after that will be easier.

Just curious how you survive if it only makes $2k in January, are you from low salary country ?

SEOLinker, Feb 4, 2008 IP
  7. emoneyclub

emoneyclub Peon

Best Answers:
    Im in the middle of doing everything myself at the moment, but thats only because I'm saving up to start outsourcing. I only really blog at the moment (which I just started a month ago) and I have a couple of small sites with adsense on them. I'm a marketing major with a ton of business and sales experience but at the moment I dont know a thing about web design. I do everything else with ease. Now if I can just find a webmaster who needs a knowlegable partner with a strong business background I'm set! :D

emoneyclub, Feb 4, 2008 IP
  8. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would spend the month learning the basics and then hire someone for $200. However if it is a one time thing I would just hire someone.

Once you know how to do it you have learned how to hire someone.

bogart, Feb 4, 2008 IP
  9. Subesh

Subesh Active Member

Best Answers:
    All by myself. All the time.

Subesh, Feb 4, 2008 IP
  10. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Me too do them all by myself.

Abhik, Feb 4, 2008 IP
    1 person likes this.
  11. godmode

godmode Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i wouldn't like to comment on my earnings but i wouldn't go out at higher webmasters at this stage where you are $2000/ month is not a amount to go and hire people.

I guess its more to do with time you spend on your website. I spent a lot of time when my site was new now i dont have to spend it much. It will ease off once your site is popular and building backlinks becomes as easy as eating a sandwitch :D

godmode, Feb 4, 2008 IP
    1 person likes this.
  12. Fka200

Fka200 Guest

Best Answers:
    I also wouldn't hire anyone @ $2,000/month. I agree with godmode... work hard in the beginning and in the end everything will be more relaxed yet things will go uphill.

You also reach a point where you just understand how things worked. Created two sites two weeks ago that already pull in good traffic and just spent 20 hours working on my newest site. Don't know if it'll be up in 2 weeks since projects come and go, but experience and knowledge is golden in this industry.

Fka200, Feb 5, 2008 IP
  13. sakto

sakto Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, im a one man team. I do everything from graphics, business planning to some writing for my 30 websites. And its fun.

sakto, Feb 5, 2008 IP
  14. COBSolutions

COBSolutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    me too an allrounder, except the accounting part of course

COBSolutions, Feb 5, 2008 IP