1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website dropped in google search pages

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by treeline5, Jan 29, 2008.

My website use to come up on page 2 of a google search, but now it shows up on page 7 with the same search terms. Does anyone have any reasons for this, or suggestions for improvement.

treeline5, Jan 29, 2008 IP
  2. seojig

seojig Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    there might be many reason of falling back in serp, one of them is duplicate content. it wil be batter if you post your url or pm me for the same. we can give batter response after studying the domain.

seojig, Jan 29, 2008 IP
  3. Markas

Markas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    one of my main keywords today dropped from first page to the 4th...
    but other 3 important keywords is now in the second page from the 6th :D

Markas, Jan 29, 2008 IP
  4. seojig

seojig Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    there are many reasons,
    some time you get back links for your niche keywords and it ranked high, so just get some quality link by using that keyword as a anchor text.

seojig, Jan 29, 2008 IP
  5. gmendezg

gmendezg Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    i have a similar problem, i have 3 main keywords for my site, my site was number 6 in front page for fist one but now it is #34 for second one was #4 and now is #25 and the last one was #2 and now is #19.
    It is happening since 15 days ago, but only for google.com (english) not for google.ca or google.co.uk (or any other google domain spanish version) which are my target. I am thinking now about duplicate content but i don't know how to be shure about it.

www.costa-rica-fishingtrips.com

Any help would be appreciate.

gmendezg, Feb 4, 2008 IP
  6. SEOguy101

SEOguy101 Active Member

Best Answers:
    My theory is Google implemented a filter in mid-January that gave lower rankings to websites that are newer. If you haven't noticed all of the sites on the first page for keyword term Costa Rica Fishing are all at least a year old and many 5+ year old. Same thing happened to two of my websites...now the only sites ranking on the first page for both keywords for my two websites are competitors sites that have been in the index for over a year. I believe your site is less than 3 months old correct? I think they did this because too many people were trying to manipulate the search engines and were successfully ranking for semi-competitive terms in only 2-3 months.

SEOguy101, Feb 4, 2008 IP
  7. gmendezg

gmendezg Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for your replay,
    my site is is 6 months old and i am trying to rank for "semi-competitive" terms as you call it and not for "costa rica fishing". Your theory about google filter is good, since my problem started in January month.
    What i don't understand is why the site is ranking without problem in others google domain than www.google.com (en), this is the only url where my site doesn't rank as was doing 13 days ago.

gmendezg, Feb 4, 2008 IP
  8. richrf

richrf Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

My site originally was on the first page for many keywords, and then dropped for many but stayed on top for many others. It fluctuates.

My theory, which I just wrote about on my site, is that Google gives new sites a certain amount of time to prove itself. If traffic and adword conversions are not good (the heart of Google), then there is a good possibility that the site will be dropped down in the SERP. This will not always be so. Certain type of authority sites, eg. SourceForge, will maintain high fixed positions, no matter what, since they have established themselves as highly trafficked sites with content that users will definitely find beneficial.

I think going forward, there will be much more emphasis by Google and webmasters on traffic and advertising conversion. Not dissimilar from the TV business model.

Rich

richrf, Feb 4, 2008 IP
  9. gmendezg

gmendezg Peon

Best Answers:
    What do you think about there is only one google domain (google.com) where my site has problems?

gmendezg, Feb 4, 2008 IP
  10. SEOguy101

SEOguy101 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google.com has different filters in the algorythm than Google.ca and Google.in. They change it from time to time...some are major changes and some are minor.

11. MichelRobinson2

MichelRobinson2 Guest

Best Answers:

May be possible that your competitors are doing well SEO work than you. So do more SEO work for your site..:)

MichelRobinson2, Feb 4, 2008 IP
  12. SEOguy101

SEOguy101 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well thats an obvious point to make Michel...but that kinda advice is not gonna help him/her out...

13. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    My 4 month old site is page 2 for costa rica properties and page 8 for costa rica real estate, it's really not that hard.

Blogmaster, Feb 6, 2008 IP