1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Alexa toolbar and ranking.....Question

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by mjomha, Feb 4, 2008.

I have Alexa toolbar install on my computer and when i go to my blog which is made from blogger so its the domain is like this ww.nameofthesite.blogspot.com (just an example)

Does my blog get ranked or does blogger get ranked since when i went to my blog and saw the info from the alexa toolbar it gave me the info blogspot (blogger) and not my site.

some help needed

mjomha, Feb 4, 2008 IP
  2. astup1didiot

astup1didiot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Alexa is useless, very few people still use the Alexa toolbar, which is how they get the rankings for sites. Actually, all the alexa toolbar is in my opinion is spyware and shouldn't be used, nor be used to calculate any type of ranking for a website.

astup1didiot, Feb 4, 2008 IP
  3. mjomha

mjomha Banned

Best Answers:
    I see but some people like make alexa ranking a big deal and they say it inceases traffic and other things.

I also see many people paying members (paid to click) sites a amount of cash maybe as an incentive to install the alexa toolbar.

mjomha, Feb 4, 2008 IP
  4. astup1didiot

astup1didiot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Alexa rank is garbage, useless information. It's popular rankings of less than 1% of internet users. The reason people get money for Alexa toolbar installations is because it's spyware!

astup1didiot, Feb 4, 2008 IP
  5. mhaye_01

mhaye_01 Banned

Best Answers:
    Its useless since its not accurate,. Its rankings are just based on the traffic gain through alexa toolbar,.No more! No less!!!

It has importance to those advertising site since they used alexa rankings as the basis of their ads price

mhaye_01, Feb 4, 2008 IP
  6. richrf

richrf Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree that Alexa can be gamed, but it does provide some useful relative information. I prefer Quantcast, myself, since their numbers are much more accurate, and therefore a better barometer of how things are fluctuating on my site. But I would like to emphasize that, I have found, while Alexa it is not good in absolute numbers, is pretty good on relative performance vs. other sites in a similar space.

Rich

richrf, Feb 4, 2008 IP