1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

TOP 10 Search Engine Optimisation TIPS FOR BLOGS

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Ron_Simmons, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Search Engine Optimization> (SEO) is the technique of altering your blog so that it gets ranked in the top results of a search engine once a relevant search is undertaken. This being the HUNDREDTH POST of this blog I thought of doing a top-to-bottom SEO of my blog and in the process involve my readers also in optimizing their blogs. So login to your Dashboard and follow me on this comprehensive approach to optimize your blog…..

STEP 1 - CHOOSE YOUR KEYWORDS.

A keyword is a word that best describes your web page. Before you even create your blog you have to choose your keywords. This is because you have to put them in the URL/Link you make in creating a new blog. Do not give your own name to your blog url unless it is already an easily recognized brand name. If you have not made it into a brand name it will not attract any traffic. Our objective in SEO is to attract as much traffic as possible.

STEP 2 - THE TITLE TAG.

This is the second step while creating your blog. Do not give a title like “Welcome to my blog” and if you have such a title change it immediately to one showing the subject like “How to …”. Do not use words like AND which are considered as filler words. Instead use the pipe symbol as in “Bank Loans | Where To Find The Best Terms in the USA”. Use your Primary Keywords first and then your Secondary Keywords. The recommended maximum number of characters for this tag is 60 including spaces.
    In Blogger you can go to Settings—–>Basic—–>Title to set this tag. On the Edit Html tab it is represented by

<TITLE><data:blog.pageTitle/></TITLE>

STEP 3 - THE META TAGS.

The Meta tags are the Description Metatag and the Keyword Metatag and are placed between the <HEAD> and </HEAD> tags usually the description first and then the keywords metatag. They look like this :

Description Meta:
    <META NAME=”description” content=”Your most important keyword phrases should appear in this description.”>

Keywords Meta:

<META NAME=”keywords” content=”keywords phrase 1, keyword phrase 2, keyword phrase 3, etc.”>

Do not repeat keywords more than 2-3 times in these tags otherwise it is considered as spaming. Your Keywords Meta should not exceed 1024 characters including spaces. Also your Description Meta tag should not exceed 250 characters including spaces. You can use plurals and misspelt words within the keywords tags. The keywords in them should also be found within the content of your blog.

STEP 4 - THE CONTENT.

Each Post is made of the Post title, The content and The Tags at the bottom of the post. The Post Title should include the primary keywords and correspond to the content of the post. The title should be enclosed in Headings tags. Preferably post titles should be in bold. Each post should contain 200 to 300 words.

STEP 5 - HEADINGS.

The H tags are important starting with the lowest number, making the H1 tag the most important. Put all post titles and headings within these tags.
    Put the primary keywords within these tags. Your headings and the content below them should match each other.

I am providing you with the first five steps. Rest one can find at :
    Full details

Regards
    Ron

Ron_Simmons, Feb 4, 2008 IP
  2. TechMaster

TechMaster Peon

Best Answers:
    TechMaster, Feb 4, 2008 IP
  3. MichelRobinson2

MichelRobinson2 Guest

Best Answers:
    Great buddy. You have done good job.:)

MichelRobinson2, Feb 4, 2008 IP
  4. zeruel

zeruel Peon

Best Answers:
    Agree with that...

And yes... Great tips! :) Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts... ;)

zeruel, Feb 4, 2008 IP
  5. xace

xace Guest

Best Answers:
    great tips! very useful for my blog :)

xace, Feb 4, 2008 IP
  6. astup1didiot

astup1didiot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, Look more Spam.

[​IMG]

astup1didiot, Feb 4, 2008 IP
  7. astup1didiot

astup1didiot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to provide DP with a guide or information post ALL content into a thread, not just some of it then link off site.

astup1didiot, Feb 4, 2008 IP
  8. bosmolskate

bosmolskate Member

Best Answers:
    Very informative post and useful. I will implement those changes to my blog asap. I hope bli to edit the tags.

bosmolskate, Feb 4, 2008 IP
  9. thunderbolt007

thunderbolt007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice collection of tips... Keep it up... More...

thunderbolt007, Feb 4, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.