1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

LDS(Mormon) President Hinckley Dies

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by lpstong, Jan 28, 2008.

1. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Some men and woman will be mourned more by the masses than by others. Some will be on a smaller scale. No man is greater than the other. But for those who are disbelievers will always have a struggle with their own reality than others. Therefore misunderstanding of others greatness.

This thread is intended for those who wish to pay respect. For those who could care less and would like to argue should start another thread and discuss it there vs on a thread that was intended for respect those who have passed on regardless of their status in life.

Like Shawn/digitalpoint has said the "Obi One Kenobie" has said, be respectful.

But it is obvious and apparent you would like to argue one mans accomplishments to what you think they are vs what others think. Well start a new thread and ask if leaders of such churchs should be respected on their death beds and at the time of their burial. Because you are digressing of what was intended with the posting of the thread. But in the mean time as a fellow being. Either pay your respects or dont show up at all. Your presence will say enough or not.

lpstong, Feb 2, 2008 IP
    Shazz likes this.
  2. Shazz

Shazz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hes was a head of a religion, just like the pope. How is that pointless? :rolleyes:

Shazz, Feb 2, 2008 IP
  3. alstar70

alstar70 Peon

Best Answers:
    I wonder if he could explain why a "Christian" church has freemason symbols?

alstar70, Feb 2, 2008 IP
  4. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    He was the head of a religion, Like the pope. That's why it's pointless.

stOx, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  5. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Because many of the LDS in the early part of the church who helped build many of the LDS Temples and church buildings were freemasons. I do believe Joseph Smith was one himself. As well as Brigham Young.

lpstong, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  6. Shazz

Shazz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Then why are you in this thread?

Shazz, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  7. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Because it's a public forum.

stOx, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  8. Shazz

Shazz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Or really because you have no idea what the hell your talking about. People of the LDS religion that are on this forum reading what you have to say about it being pointless. If you don't know ANYTHING don't say its pointless, google it or use your head

Shazz, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  9. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sure to some people this man was worthy of their unadulterated worship, But not to me.

stOx, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  10. chulium

chulium Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Then why do you care?

And if you don't care, then why do you spend your time posting here? Yeah, it's a public forum, which gives you the right/privilege to post here. But why DO you post here in this thread then?

chulium, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  11. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I post for the same reason you do. I have an opinion and am entitled to share it.

stOx, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  12. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You are sharing your opinion to envoke an arguement in a thread. You know flaming. The point of the thread was to pay respect to a deceased person and you want to provoke anger in people who appreciate this mans service.

If you dont care and want to share your opinion, you really need to start a new thread. Because you are not even sharing, your being sarcastic, flaming and rude.

Have an opinion about people who praise people who have passed on that you really think people shouldnt be praise. State it in a new thread.

This is really sad you want to have such an attitude of dominanting a thread with your opinion that doesnt belong in this thread.

This man is great. Others have remarked on the service of this man and what he has done. IF you have nothing to say than pass over the thread. Or start a new thread detesting such threads. But show some respect. Really.

lpstong, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  13. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to have a private ceremony containing only invited guests to pay respects for a dead man, by all means, Do it. but a public forum isn't the place.

stOx, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  14. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    See. link, bait and sinker. You fell for it and took that bite. You are exactly what I say you are. A flamer and have no intentions to leave the thread alone until everyone who was in favor of such a great man to go away. You want to provoke anger and an arguement. Truly sad indeed. You want to air your opinion publicaly. But do not want others to do so as well. How domaneering. How narrow minded.

So no one else will know of such a great man or the people of the LDS faith. Isnt it odd that those who dont believe in a diety, say their rights are taking away. But will do anything to quiet those who do believe in their diety and want to discuss it openly. Sounds kind of communistic, fascist or something wouldnt one say. Than comes the book burnings et cetera.

lpstong, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  15. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have neither the intention or ability to silence you on this forum. I simply suggested that if you don't want people to comment on the things you say that you shouldn't say them in public.

Isn't that what you are doing? Isn't it you who wants to express an opinion on something and stop others from doing the same. I have no intention of controlling what your opinion is or where should you air it, But know this; Should you air said opinion in public, And should i disagree with said opinion, You will certainly hear about it.

stOx, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  16. chulium

Best Answers:
    That's not what he is doing. He is not disrespecting others. He is simply stating a true fact. Unlike what you are doing. Simply trying to provoke, because obviously your time isn't worth too much to you.

chulium, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  17. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Of course it's what he is doing. he wants to be able to express his opinions on something in a public forum and have nobody who disagrees comment on his opinions.

The fact is, This is a forum. I am entitled to comment on anything you say. If you don't want me to comment, Don't say it. But by all means, If you feel you can cope with someone disagreeing with what you say, Continue saying it.

stOx, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  18. chulium

Best Answers:
    Regarding your second statement: No, he doesn't. He expects people to disagree. Not disrespect.

chulium, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  19. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You going to play the victim card now that reasoning has failed?

stOx, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  20. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You are turning this thread upside down. And for what. A person has died and it was stated publicaly. You want to argue why he is so important to mention of his passing. Because he died. Those who want to pay their respects, pay your respects. Where you have not. You turned into an arguement. Totatlly opposite of what the soul purpose of making the OP. If you do not care for the man. Or if you do not want to pay your respects, dont post. How simple is that? Really now. How hard is it for you to comprehend this.

And yes you are controlling. By turning this post about someone who has passed into an arguement vs. saying well "sorry to hear that" and than move along. You simply could have passed over the thread and said nothing. But you want to argue pure and simple. Just to simply disrespect because you can publicaly. On a matter of someone you are not willing to even Google on. You are willing to be clueless and rude for what purpose.

You have attempted to spoil the thread to be controlling. And you really havent even made any point. Other than who this man is and what is so special about him. And so others have stated what he had done. But you just keep coming back for the sake of an arguement with no real point.

And the LDS President was a great man. Dignified and served with everything he had. He had a kind heart. And yes I did meet him before. He was influential in a world religion and accomplished many things in his life. And these arent just an opinion. Its a fact as listed before of the things he has done.

When you receive the Presidential Medal of Honor, traverse the world in your late 90's, lead a world religion of 13 million in your 90's. And to do all this service free of charge as well, than we will talk. Than I will pay the same kind of respect and say how remarkable of a person you are.

But for the mean time you just want to be rude and disrespectful for the sake of that you can. Nothing more. Your comments and reactions have no merit or bering on the real purpose of the OP. You just want to spoil the thread. And thats all period.

lpstong, Feb 3, 2008 IP