1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sandboxed or Banned?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by andrej, Feb 2, 2008.

I registered one domain 3 months ago and started building links for it. I've already built 700 links for it (mostly my webmaster forums signatures), but the domain still isn't even indexed in Google. This is quite strange, as if I just put a link to my new site to several forum signatures, my site gets indexed in Google within a week - even if it goes to sandbox for it's main keyword, but it is at least indexed in Google quickly.

I'm now already waiting 3 months for this site to get it indexed. Is it possible that the domain was banned by Google before I registered it? (it was banned and then expired) - is this possible? If yes, what should I do to get it indexed?

andrej, Feb 2, 2008 IP
  2. vjlenin

vjlenin Active Member

Best Answers:
    you should not create too manylinks in a short span, that may be the reason , google rates this as link spamming so check it in the future, start building links slowly for new sites, make about fifty links per month, and with in a span of some months, you can have enough links

vjlenin, Feb 2, 2008 IP
    andrej likes this.
  3. andrej

andrej Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well I put links to this site to my forum signatures - 3 forums on which I have about 200 posts each, so yes, this might be the case. Now, is there any way how to get indexed?

However, I would also like to know if it is possible that the domain was banned by Google before I registered it?

andrej, Feb 3, 2008 IP
    whiteblue1942 likes this.
  4. SEOibiza

SEOibiza Peon

Best Answers:
    it's strange that it hasnt been picked up and indexed from that many sig links.

even if you were penalised for adding links too fast, your rankings may possibly be affected (downwards) but they'd have to index firstly to "sandbox" you, even assuming the sandbox was real.

if it has been banned previously try a reinclusion request from within your webmaster tools panel.

SEOibiza, Feb 3, 2008 IP
    andrej likes this.
  5. andrej

andrej Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Actually if it is banned, it must have been banned before I registered this domain (= it must have been registered by someone else in the past, then the domain was banned and the the owner let it expire).

Also, I cannot seem to find any way how to find out if it was registered before I registered it - this could help me to find out where is the problem.

andrej, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  6. kgrad

kgrad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am facing the same problem. And, I did an experiment to find out the truth - it was banned.
    I purchased two domain names. And, put a blog on both, linked both from same places.

Everything exactly the same.
    One got indexed very fast, in less than 2 days, and the other is still not indexed, (its around 7 days now), so, I did some research on the domain, and found out, that this was a domain which expired in 2006 - so probably it was banned and then it expired... :(
    And I think, it is the same in your case...

kgrad, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  7. andrej

andrej Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think your domain is banned because of duplicate content (as you say you put an autoblog on them).

andrej, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  8. kgrad

kgrad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, a domain cannot get "banned" for duplicate content.
    And moreover, both the sites had the same content, one got indexed instantly, the other is not...

kgrad, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  9. andrej

andrej Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Believe me, it can and I'm sure that's your case. You always need unique content.

I had 3 domains on which I set up autoblogs last year, and they all got banned by Google - because of duplicate content (as autoblogs "steal" the content from other blogs).

andrej, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  10. kgrad

kgrad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I understand that Google does not "like" them. But am I not sure if they ban the sites. But maybe you are right becuase you have a first hand experience.

There are 1000s of directories out there using the same articles...

kgrad, Feb 9, 2008 IP
  11. whiteblue1942

whiteblue1942 Peon

Best Answers:
    make sure you submit a site map to google under the webmasters tools in your google account, it will help your site get indexed much quicker, besides that it just takes time, and all the links help google find it faster, just b patient

whiteblue1942, Feb 16, 2008 IP
    andrej likes this.
  12. zingo

zingo Peon

Best Answers:
    domain can and will be banned for two much dup content, believe me it has happend to several of mine.

zingo, Feb 29, 2008 IP