1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[Google] Sandboxed for 1yr+?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Liminal, Feb 12, 2006.

Has anyone been sandboxed for over 1 year? I have a couple of sites in a very competitive market niche that have been sandboxed for at least a year and waiting :mad:

Liminal, Feb 12, 2006 IP
    Jat likes this.
  2. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One year is a bit excessive. When you put your keywords and domain into the keyword tracker where are you ranking?

Ian

Ian, Feb 12, 2006 IP
  3. alhoop

alhoop Peon

Best Answers:
    It took me around a year to get out of the box... it just happen right after I get listed in DMOZ :)... and that is about a 2 weeks span.

alhoop, Feb 12, 2006 IP
  4. dashboard

dashboard Peon

Best Answers:
    how about your inbound links? its not all about the age of your site..

dashboard, Feb 12, 2006 IP
  5. alhoop

alhoop Peon

Best Answers:
    I really believe that the age of the site is/will start paying an important role in the SEO.

One of my competitors is ranked #1 against a vey very competitive kwd and he is only a pr2 with only few links... but his domain is pretty old.

alhoop, Feb 12, 2006 IP
  6. codyf

codyf Guest

Best Answers:
    Depends, I had one site that never seemed to get out the sandbox. Ofcource if I took a more active role in promoting that site it probably would have taken off eventually.

codyf, Feb 12, 2006 IP
  7. Jim_Westergren

Jim_Westergren Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Seem strange. Is it really the sandbox and not lack of IBLs?

Is the kind of case of rank top 5 in Y and MSN but #100 on G?

Jim_Westergren, Feb 13, 2006 IP
  8. ashiezai

ashiezai Peon

Best Answers:
    Im also in the sandbox for more than 16 months. 2,700 google BL, 177,000 yahoo BL.

Nowhere to befound at G or yahoo. #6 on MSN.

While checking my BL, I've found loads of shit. Many of them are using crawler or article generator to create content with my links in it. So i guess this somehow triggers the spam filter.. :(

ashiezai, Feb 13, 2006 IP
  9. sji2671

sji2671 Self Made Mind

Best Answers:
    That amount of links is a bit excessive IMO for a new site and would do more harm than good, you new fewer trusted links and not in the thousands.

If you check McDar and check your "allin" for your keyword, if your in the top 10 there then you have done your job as regards anchor text, but you can have too much of a good thing ;) So dont overdo the backlinks.

sji2671, Feb 13, 2006 IP
    Liminal likes this.
  10. just-4-teens

just-4-teens Peon

Best Answers:
    yes i have had a s ite in sandbox for almost a year, however i think that was partly caused by it was one of my first sites that i was practising seo on so it was constantly being tinkered with.

just-4-teens, Feb 13, 2006 IP
  11. ashiezai

ashiezai Peon

Best Answers:
    I used to be #3 for allinanchor. But now nowhere to be found.

ashiezai, Feb 13, 2006 IP
  12. mdvaldosta

mdvaldosta Peon

Best Answers:
    About 10 months for one of my sites and I'm just now starting to come out. Still boxed for some terms but most of them are good. It can take a while. I've learned to build links slowly, and on the sites I did that on they never got boxed and have good rankings even without alot of links.

mdvaldosta, Feb 13, 2006 IP
  13. Liminal

Liminal Peon

Best Answers:
    sji2671, can you explain this a bit further or show the exact command to type in mcdar?

The site is webdesignfirms.org and it does not even rank for "web design firms" on G, let alone "web design". It was launched in Jan. 2005

Here is where it stands for "web design firms":

G Not Found
    Y 2
    MSN 1

site:www.webdesignfirms.org shows 419 pages indexed.

linkdomain:webdesignfirms.org in Yahoo shows 536 backlinks. What is the best way of checking backlinks in Google?

Thanks all

p.s. Google accounts for 50% of the site's referrals. Unfortunately, the keywords triggered are crap

Liminal, Feb 13, 2006 IP
  14. sji2671

sji2671 Self Made Mind

Best Answers:
    sji2671, Feb 13, 2006 IP
  15. Liminal

Liminal Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Scott. I guess it might be a good time to significantly modify the anchor text in my backlinks requested (i always try to vary some of the text)...

Liminal, Feb 13, 2006 IP
  16. E13 9AZ

E13 9AZ Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been waiting 13 months for one site that's driving me insane.

allinanchor: page1
    Keyword search results - bouncing around pages 12-20

Site has more inbounds (650) then out. All out-bounds (150 reciprocals) are to sites that are in the same business and established. HTML validates and plenty of content none of which is duplicate.

I'm in two minds to start again with a new domain and let this one sit there and see what happens, frustration is an understatement.

Please respond to this thread if you have had a site come out after a year period, I would really appreciate it.

E13 9AZ, Feb 13, 2006 IP
  17. Liminal

Liminal Peon

Best Answers:
    Sandbox is one thing I hate the most about Google. I have a couple more sites all sitting in the box for the past year or so. I posted this in another thread earlier:

"As a webmaster, I don't expect my new sites to rank high at all. If I target Blue Widgets and utilize white hat practices only and provide valuable unique content, I want to start out ranking 1,000,000 for Blue Widgets after a month or so of being indexed and climb up the rank as time goes by. Instead my experience have been waiting and waiting and waiting and not ranking for my main keywords at all (competitive niche: yes, but the content provided is fresh and unique and relevant backinks slowly being added)."

Liminal, Feb 13, 2006 IP