1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Coming soon: The death for yahoo

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by latehorn, Feb 12, 2006.

Do you think that Yahoo will put down it's search mechanism and instead use google on their site? I think that they will not only do that but also put down their company alltogheter since they becomes as popular as altavista.

latehorn, Feb 12, 2006 IP
    genkied and Will.Spencer like this.
  2. Christopher

Christopher Peon

Best Answers:
    me thinks Yahoo is more competitive than that. They may evolve... but they won't quit.

Christopher, Feb 12, 2006 IP
  3. Erbey

Erbey Peon

Best Answers:
    yahoo is longer in that business as google, I think they won't be give up the race. competitions are always good for business and good for us webmasters.

Erbey, Feb 12, 2006 IP
  4. Brad Callen

Brad Callen Peon

Best Answers:
    No way, they wont give it up yet, they still have a fairly good share of the market.

Plus Yahoo seem to be doing alot more branding with larger companies recently.

If you go to yahoo.com.au You can see that they have branded with the local Australian Large T.V network, channel 7

Yahoo have plenty of fight left yet.

Oh and they have started copying google's changing pictures, check out yahoo.com There is a valentines theme for "Yahoo"

lmao

Brad

Brad Callen, Feb 13, 2006 IP
  5. l234244

l234244 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with Brad, no way will Yahoo give up the fight. They still hold good market share considering that search is not their main source of business/income. Also according to alexa they are still the most popular site and have been since I first visited alexa.

l234244, Feb 13, 2006 IP
  6. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Are you kidding ?
    If I am right your base of this thought is the announcement of yahoo a few days ago .
    They said that they will concentrate on pay per click campaigns more than search . They did not say that they are closing yahoo search .
    They said that pay per click market is still unexplored and they will try to capture higher share there "instead" of trying to gather more of search .

As I get it , they think they have enough of search share to "continue" and will try to "grow" the company by getting their piece in PPC .
    Please note the words "Continue" and "Grow".

Regards
    Jeet

JEET, Feb 13, 2006 IP
  7. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo is not going anywhere. As of their latest quarterly report revenue was up 40% and profit had nearly doubled. This was reported Wednesday, January 18, 2006 by the WashingtonPost. With their results moving up it is highly unlikely you are going to see them just pack it up and concede. Yes they may not get to the same level as Google, but then again they may pass them up in other areas that Google is neglecting. If the company was bleeding millions then there might be a possibility of this happening. Seeing as how this is not the case you can rest assured that Google has some competition coming its way.

Kevin

TheNetCode, Feb 14, 2006 IP
  8. GlenB

GlenB Guest

Best Answers:
    What a ridiculous statement. No wonder your reputation bar is so low.

GlenB, Feb 14, 2006 IP
  9. Blunter

Blunter Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a point of few, he hasn't killed anyone.

Blunter, Feb 14, 2006 IP
  10. designteks

designteks Peon

Best Answers:
    i dont believe yahoo is going anywhere either ... i see a less people
    bitching about yahoo's search results than google's ... not that it
    means anything either way

brad ... DEC 7, 2000

[​IMG]

designteks, Feb 14, 2006 IP
  11. melfan

melfan Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont think so.. Companies like yahoo has very competitive strategic management. They will try and try because they can.

melfan, Feb 14, 2006 IP
  12. raceway

raceway Peon

Best Answers:
    Come On, If you website was ranked #1 on alexa and had a link popularity like this --28,263,930-- would you close up shop?

raceway, Feb 14, 2006 IP
  13. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Wasn't Yahoo like one of the largest investors in Google from the get go... Me thinks you underestimate them.

Mia, Feb 14, 2006 IP
  14. infonote

infonote Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I do not agree, in my opinion the biggest competitor facing Google is Yahoo.

They are far from a dead company, look at the investments they made recently

infonote, Feb 15, 2006 IP
  15. narsticle

narsticle Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo def will NOT close up shop anytime soon. They have a highly successful email business, a good directory business and ok search.

narsticle, Feb 16, 2006 IP
  16. AWD1

AWD1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Let's see...they bought out Inktomi, spent a buttload of money on it...so...what to do with the investment? What to do, what to do, what to do?

Oh, I know, said Yahoo! Let's not use it any more. It'll be like an antique. It'll appreciate in value. Really. We'll just put it beside all of our 386 notebook PCs that weigh 40 pounds and our Commodore 64s with the old Atari joysticks and wait 20 years. That makes sense.

latehorn, a bit of free advice: before you make a complete ass out of yourself, stop and think, huh? That's why your rep bar is so low (not that you really care.)

AWD1, Feb 16, 2006 IP
  17. azn_romeo_4u

azn_romeo_4u Peon

Best Answers:
    I like yahoo, it's a good search engine. Some results are better than google I think.

azn_romeo_4u, Feb 16, 2006 IP
  18. phoenixcarpet

phoenixcarpet Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo is the greatest, I get all my free traffic from there!!!!! I love them...

phoenixcarpet, Feb 17, 2006 IP
  19. Elearn-uni

Elearn-uni Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo is fantastic, brilliant and long lasting. Their fans and users are extremely loyal and frankly their search results these days are better than ever. With the money they will inevitibly earn from YPN, there's alot more to come from from them. There're not quitters!:)

Elearn-uni, Feb 17, 2006 IP
  20. cldnails

cldnails Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo is a business and no business is going to throw in the towel, as long as they are making a reasonable profit. Hell, some even keep on going even while they are losing money. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that you were being sarcastic in your post.

cldnails, Feb 17, 2006 IP