1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to be able to see Chinese characters in Chinese web-sites?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by europeunited, Jan 25, 2008.

Hello, would anyone have advice on what to do/download in order to see Chinese characters in Chinese web-sites? I miss some sort of language pack but don't know where and how to integrate it with my Windows. All I see instead of Chinese characters are little squares/boxes!

europeunited, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  2. kaung

kaung Twitter @KaungKo

Best Answers:
    If you use IE, most times it will ask you to install a language pack, or you can jsut search for the font and install it.

You may be able to get the right one by visiting the official or big chinese forums/news/site and they will give you option to install the font to be bale to view.

Once installed you can view anytime from any site.

kaung, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  3. europeunited

europeunited Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for advice, I'm off to find Chinese sites that will ask me to install the font, I was looking at a Chinese forum but wasn't ask to install the font

europeunited, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  4. SEOBusiness

SEOBusiness Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Which forum you want to visit?Can i have the url?

SEOBusiness, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  5. europeunited

europeunited Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried with visiting Chinese web-sites that come with offer for installation of Chinese language package at the site but as I click 'ok' it asks me to insert Windows XP CD 2 which I don't have with me so the installation can't be processed. All hints are needed and welcomed. I tried with installing GooglePinYin, now I can type in Chinese but still can't see the fonts. I searched for 'Chinese Language Pack' link at Microsoft web-site and came across Microsoft's Language Pack for web-designer's that is around 250MB big, I'm not sure it would be of help the same as GooglePinYin in this case.

europeunited, Jan 30, 2008 IP
  6. europeunited

europeunited Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm generally insterested in Chinese online resources as I prepare presentations about Beijing and its top tourist offer for the year, the Olympics, I'd also like to start pages in this little Chinese that I know but I can't see any signs through my browser.

europeunited, Jan 30, 2008 IP