1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Has anyone had any success with Squidoo?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by nir_83, Jan 29, 2008.

Hello everyone! Squidoo is quite new to me. I do not understand how it works and I do not know if it is the same as blogging. I was just wondering if anyone had any success with Squidoo. If you do, do you mind sharing with us what is Squidoo all about. I really appreciate it! Thanks! :)

nir_83, Jan 29, 2008 IP
  2. MTbiker

MTbiker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are quite a few people here that have had success on squidoo. Just search the forums for squidoo and you'll find a few good threads.

A fellow member Reprobate has some lenses that will help you out, like http://www.squidoo.com/what

MTbiker, Jan 29, 2008 IP
  3. Think_Big

Think_Big Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I have had success with Squidoo. It's a great platform for marketing and driving traffic to your website and affiliate links. You can create a Squidoo page (they call it a lens) about almost anything and you can build as many pages as you like. Squidoo provide you with a large range of tools with which to build pages. To find out more about Squidoo visit http://best.website.ever.com/ which I built using Squidoo's Ever Project platform.

Think_Big, Jan 29, 2008 IP
  4. Winninglewie

Winninglewie Peon

Best Answers:
    I think this can work for you. I've seen it rank really well also.

Winninglewie, Jan 29, 2008 IP
  5. jgjg

jgjg Peon

Best Answers:
    squidoo works somewhat...you just have to create a decent lens.

jgjg, Jan 29, 2008 IP
  6. popnyc

popnyc Active Member

Best Answers:
    what kind of affiliate programs?

popnyc, Jan 29, 2008 IP
  7. ryno33

ryno33 Active Member

Best Answers:
    yeah, I have had some success on squidoo, but the only problem is you really have to promote the he'll out of it to get some traffic. Duh, right? But it takes work to make a lens profitable

ryno33, Jan 29, 2008 IP
  8. Think_Big

Best Answers:
    Squidoo have affiliate modules that you can add, such as eBay and Amazon. You don't need an account with these sites as it's all done through Squidoo. Squidoo split the commission with you from sales through these links 50/50. Although if you have an affiliate account with Amazon you can add your own links from which you keep 100%.

Squidoo pages also have Google Adsense on them (you can't add your own). The money from this goes into a pool and is divided 50/50 with page creators (called Lensmasters) each month. Each page is allocated an amount based on its average LensRank (an internal Squidoo ranking system) for the month. So far lenses have been divided into three LensRank tiers for this payment.

You can add your own affiliate links from sites such as ClickBank, Commission Junction and LinkShare. Revenue made from these links is all yours to keep.

Think_Big, Jan 29, 2008 IP
  9. jhn2001

jhn2001 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was banned from adsense recently . so i can earn by promoting thier page(with their adds on them) ad the will pay me 50% is tht true ?

jhn2001, Jan 30, 2008 IP
  10. Think_Big

Best Answers:
    If you have a Squidoo lens then it's Squidoo's Adsense account that is being used to display the ads so it wouldn't matter that you are banned. Squidoo pays you, not Google.

Adsense from all Squidoo lenses is pooled each month. Squidoo take 50% and the other 50% is split between those who made the Squidoo pages. Each page is allocated an amount according its Squidoo LensRank based on three payment tiers. Approximately the top 2000 get the highest amount, which for November was $6.23 per lens. Lenses ranked up to about 10,000 received $1.06 per lens and the rest got $0.05 (all these amounts and where the tier cut-offs are vary month to month, although they should rise as Squidoo continues to grow). There is also a cut-off point (around 130,000) where lenses receive nothing because they have not been getting traffic and have fallen into what is called WIP (work in progress) mode.

All this being said, the main ways to make money on Squidoo are from sales commissions through Squidoo affiliate modules and your own affiliate links that you place on your lens.

Think_Big, Jan 30, 2008 IP
    victoria_neely likes this.
  11. Reprobate

Reprobate Guest

Best Answers:
    Reprobate, Jan 31, 2008 IP
  12. shouser

shouser Peon

Best Answers:
    squidoo is easy, just type in an article add some youtube videos and your set

shouser, Feb 1, 2008 IP
  13. Valdor

Valdor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've heard all the talk about squidoo and have some ebooks on the subject of flipping squidoo lenses but have not ried it yet. I may give it a go this weekend.

Valdor, Feb 1, 2008 IP
  14. andreayton

andreayton Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you can also get paid with adsence on squidoo lenses if you have great content .. i heard

andreayton, Dec 12, 2012 IP
  15. Secret Admirer

Secret Admirer Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have good, original content and update regularly then Squidoo can be very profitable. I have dabbled a bit with it and for some or other reason ended up on the first page of Google for my keywords for almost a year. The money I get from Squidoo goes to charity - approximately $50 a month - but the money I get from promoting Clickbank products goes to me. From one lens in the last year I made a total of about $7k. Traffic varies from about 300 hits per day to 700 per day (at 700 per day I made $1,100 in a month - a rare occurrence unfortunately). Lately traffic has taken a serious downturn and I'm down to page 3 on Google, I suppose because I don't promote it much. (Lazy slob that I am) I plan to do more with it but never make the time. The method that has worked for me is to create the lens, insert the hoplinks for those that are sufficiently pre-sold, link to a few blog posts for those that aren't and post a few articles around the web. I'm currently seeing if I can get more backlinks to this lens (I have only two so far). I think it's all about whether or not your "voice" if I can call it that is believable or not.

Secret Admirer, Dec 16, 2012 IP
  16. hpstudios

hpstudios Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm having a great run with Squidoo these days-- I had my biggest payout yet for October (paid out in December) and am making out like gangbusters for the first time with all the Amazon affiliate links I placed on my lenses. Never thought I'd ever see this kind of money from any 3rd party in my life.

Don't get me wrong-- I'm not making guzillions of dollars on the site like the few lucky ones who are making money hand over fist. But I'm getting a nice chunk of change, enough to finally upgrade my computer and buy a few things I could never really afford before.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
    hpstudios, Dec 16, 2012 IP
  17. kacper1976

kacper1976 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Squidoo is amazing and you must try it for sure. I made my lens and made some backlinks for it and after 1 month it started to bring me decent traffic. Now it is my 3rd traffic generation site and I have done nothing special. It brings me only 30$ monthly from adsense but I am not selling or promoting anything. Also one of the best thing about squidoo is that it helps you with google ranking a lot. My lens was on the first page of google for several of my keywords. You can see my squidoo lens as an example - Top Windows 7 Themes. Make sure you post unique content or they will not approve it.

kacper1976, Dec 19, 2012 IP
  18. moneywise

moneywise Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Squidoo is all about content generation and it is very effective when it comes to generating backlinks to your site. You can also make good money using your lens by adding amazon products.

moneywise, Dec 20, 2012 IP