1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why get site listed on DMOZ is so hard?

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by Sxperm, Jan 29, 2008.

I tried to obey on guidelines.

- submitted quality sites - 100% unique contents written by us native english speaking writer plus updated on regular basis
    - submitted to most proper category
    - submitted with correct description
    - submitted used domain name as title, not spam/stuffed keyword in title and my domain name is not too much long.

I wonder if anyone here got site listed on dmoz by not become an editor themselves. I saw some dmoz editor complained about spam submission and got tired but they didn't act upon when quality sites submitted. I wonder if dmoz is already corrupted and only have sites listed because editor own its or their friends own it. :D

Sxperm, Jan 29, 2008 IP
  2. Dr. XYZ

Dr. XYZ Guest

Best Answers:
    Is your site plagued with advertising or link exchanges?

I've heard this is a common reason for not listing sites, otherwise I know several non-native English speakers already listed and they are not editors themselves or their friends.

Dr. XYZ, Jan 29, 2008 IP
    robjones likes this.
  3. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    :D No, my site is not a plagued with advertising. My site had already been listed in major directories such as joeant, skaffe, goguides, web-beacon, gimpsy, rubberstapmed, v7n, iwebtool, 2yi already.

Sxperm, Jan 29, 2008 IP
    robjones likes this.
  4. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    deleting dup

robjones, Jan 29, 2008 IP
  5. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Naah, can't be that... we don't have near that many editors, and most of 'em don't have any friends. I suspect it has something to do with hygeine. :D

If you pay a directory that offers an immediate review you should expect it, but a directory manned by volunteers *can't* make any promises to review something in a timely manner and doesn't pretend to... so in some areas they're handled quickly, in some it's hit or miss, in some it is unlikely. Just the nature of the setup.

On the bright side it's nice if you get in, and if you don't it didn't cost anything. I'd say submit it and move on with other things. Not a plot, just a difference in a paid review vs a bunch of volunteers working at various paces and some areas that are undermanned. Good luck with it.

robjones, Jan 29, 2008 IP
  6. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your clarification. :D

Sxperm, Jan 30, 2008 IP