1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Making money by placing ads

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by remember, Sep 15, 2004.

I am an eBay affiliate marketer and recently received a newsletter from eBay which suggested buying Google adwords to drive more traffic to my website. Fair enough but of course you have to somehow make more money from each referred visitor than you paid to get them there in the first place.

So how do you do that then? Somehow it just doesn't sound possible.

eBay actually suggest that you don't even need a website to make money from adwords since you could just point your ad to eBay using your affiliate ID code in the URL.

Is it really possible to make money like this?

remember, Sep 15, 2004 IP
  2. PRBot.Com

PRBot.Com Guest

Best Answers:
    I am spending about $10 per day on Google ads for my Penny Stocks Picks
    wensite.

I charge $49 per year membership. I am getting between 1 and 3 new signups a day.

I don't have to do anything. People see my ad, they come to my site and they know what to expect before they even click on the ad.

if they see my track record and like my sales pitch they join. It is that simple.

BUT, I am a professiona penny stock expert so I don't give my members junk stocks to invest in. For their $49 a year they make $1000s of dollars.

PRBot.Com, Sep 15, 2004 IP
  3. dejaone

dejaone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    there're lot of affiliate marketers do that. They spend thousands of dollars on PPC monthly and make thousands of dollars and more.

dejaone, Sep 15, 2004 IP
  4. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    And many of them lose money and stop doing it...

Will.Spencer, Sep 15, 2004 IP
  5. dejaone

dejaone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    of course :)

dejaone, Sep 15, 2004 IP
  6. remember

remember Active Member

Best Answers:
    Seems incredibly risky to me. I can see the benefit in the case of the penny stock site because the return is so much higher than the investment but for something like eBay affiliate schemes where you will probably only make $0.05 for a successful conversion I just don't see how it can work. And of course having a google ad doesn't guarantee a conversion so by my maths it doesn't add up. I just can't see why eBay would try to promote this idea to its affiliate partners.

remember, Sep 16, 2004 IP
  7. nadlay

nadlay Guest

Best Answers:
    Because it makes money for eBay, regardless of whether or not the affiliates make money?

Sorry, feeling a bit cynical today.

nadlay, Sep 16, 2004 IP
  8. Infiniterb

Infiniterb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm making an attempt at doing what you've mentioned remember. I think at its inception, Google Cash was a brilliant idea. Now that many people are aware of what can be done, it's becoming more saturated with people attempting to do the same thing. It's at the point now that you must have a ton of money set aside to get into the top 8 of search engines on the more popular terms.

The only other way I can see this becoming a great ROI venture is based on regional ads. For instance, do some keyword research on cities close to your area and see how often search terms are searched for. Ad Word Analyzer is a good utility to do this. It runs about $67 or so, but it takes a lot of the leg work out of doing keyword research. You'll still want to use overture to get ball park figures of bid rates.

Infiniterb, Sep 20, 2004 IP
  9. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:

your "goal" isn't the .05 bid/bin, your goal is a new user signup... (10$)

disgust, Sep 20, 2004 IP
  10. Infiniterb

Infiniterb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You'd actually be very surprised at how many get to ebay via that ref link and make bids on items.

Infiniterb, Sep 20, 2004 IP
  11. remember

remember Active Member

Best Answers:
    I guess that means you have to word your Google ad to say something like "Buy widgets on eBay... sign up for an account now" right? Can't think how else to make any real money from it...

remember, Sep 21, 2004 IP
  12. kentagain

kentagain Peon

Best Answers:
    It is interesting to see that some affiliates make agreat amount of money from Ebay. However, most of it is from natural means....but even so Ebay does mention at least one affiliate that was successful using thousands of keyword ads.

kentagain, Nov 7, 2004 IP
  13. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    Just an FYI, your site does not render well in Mozilla (table or div containing text is too wide). Also, the rushtrade.com site that is mentioned on your site is down.

nevetS, Nov 11, 2004 IP
  14. canadaone

canadaone Peon

Best Answers:
    We have used paid adword and it does not work - all we have recieves and large number of visitors that was driven to our site throug ppc networkls, but no clients. Adworks is a meaningless traffic no quality visitor will come to you because you have paid for ad placement. It is a tested fact. So we back to old school of doing business promoting ourselves through the search quiries of the established search engines like Google and Yahoo. So if you do know how to manage this daunting task better and more efficiently we would appriciate your comment and suggestions
    Tanks

canadaone, Nov 14, 2004 IP
  15. mudnik

mudnik Peon

Best Answers:
    canadaone,
    how do you go about selecting the adwords to advertise for?

mudnik, Nov 15, 2004 IP
  16. fg20878

fg20878 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ebay must send the same email to a lot of people. Why not Ebay do it and save themself some money?

fg20878, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  17. Eve Ngure

Eve Ngure Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi Grant,

I saw you thread in regards to making money by placing ads! Kindly give me the list of companies that operate all over the world and are legal and can pay me to place ads.

Secondly which is the best software to use for placing ads. Your assistance will be highly appreciated thanks!

Eve

Eve Ngure, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  18. ObliPro

ObliPro Peon

Best Answers:
    To me it doesn´t sound like a very good idea to place ads for Ebay. Like "fg20878" says: Why does Ebay just don´t do it them selves...they have the money!

One idea could be to place ads using keywords that are NOT rated high on Google Analytics (because everybody use it). Maybe try focusing on keywords in german, french, spanish...and then try to "steal" customers from national trading sites. I think there are some possibilities in stuff like that, simply because everybody try to reach the entire world at once.

Just an idea...

ObliPro, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  19. Eve Ngure

Eve Ngure Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi thanks, for the tip :). Let me go and try!

Eve Ngure, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  20. Eve Ngure

Eve Ngure Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi guys which is the best source to submit articles and get paid stress free and scam free!

Eve Ngure, Sep 11, 2009 IP