1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Cash

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by tomecki, Nov 27, 2004.

I have tried "google cash" method in adwords. I put clickbank link and made an Ad with google Adwords. But google have hold this Ad because in the Ad should be written that it is partner or distributor link. Could I try to build a site with clickbank links?

tomecki, Nov 27, 2004 IP
  2. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    all you need to do is append "aff" to the end of the ad

disgust, Nov 27, 2004 IP
  3. tomecki

tomecki Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for advice. I have put "Aff" at the end of the Ad. I hope that will works.

tomecki, Nov 27, 2004 IP
  4. greatlinks

greatlinks Peon

Best Answers:
    sometimes af is enought

greatlinks, Dec 3, 2004 IP
  5. fg20878

fg20878 Peon

Best Answers:
    I heard clickbank does not always credit properly. I have a clickbank account and haven't tried yet. Let us know if you make money.

fg20878, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  6. havok2004

havok2004 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep ClickBank can sure suck. A lot of the times the order page is down...However there are hidden gems in CB that can make you money. But it is frustrating when you think of how many sales you have lost because of faulty pages. On that note, Commission Junction also sucks, because all the good programs usually have 15 ads atleast, since CJ shows performance stats for each publisher, whereas ClickBank shows no stats, except ranking.

havok2004, Dec 9, 2004 IP
  7. mrjonman

mrjonman Peon

Best Answers:
    My whole problem with ClickBank is the fact that your affiliate url is so easy to spot that one of two things happens quite often.

A) Many people don't want to buy from an affiliate and so they strip your code off of the link and buy direct or

B) The really devious ones insert their own ClickBank link and buy through themselves.

I would look into a link cloaker to disguise my link if I were actively promoting CB products. I'm not sure what's out there that will do this but if you're going to do a PPC campaign with CB products, you ought to do some searching.

Maybe someone else on the board can suggest something.

John

mrjonman, Dec 11, 2004 IP
  8. mmh3

mmh3 Peon

Best Answers:
    Is that why some say you should put your ad page in a frame with "100%, 0" in the frame src tag?

Can that help with this problem? A bunch of people seem to have external pages framed in a file on their own website...

mmh3

mmh3, Dec 13, 2004 IP
  9. mrjonman

mrjonman Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi mmh3

Was your post in reference to mine?

I've never heard of doing this before (I'm the first to admit that I'm not "Joe Web Designer") but I would like to investigate further if you're saying that this would be a way to "cloak" affiliate urls.

If that is the case, do you have any suggestions on where I might begin researching this? I mean besides the obvious like "search google you dope!" :)

mrjonman, Dec 13, 2004 IP
  10. mmh3

mmh3 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I was responding to ya =) Sorry, I didn't put a name on my reply...

The 2 ways I've seen to cloak urls is the following...

1. Use a framed page and have the affiliate's page in the 100% section of the frame. The address would be like "http://www.xyz.com/clickbankbookname" or whatever you named it. With xyz being your domain name, etc...

2. Then use the following html in the "a href" link with red being what is added to a normal text link to mask the affiliate url in the status bar, it can also be used with images/banners...

"<a href="http://www.affmerchant.com/linkblah1234.asp" target="_blank" onmouseover="window.status='http://www.affmerchant.com';return true;"
    onmouseout="window.status=' ';return true;"
    >Aff Merchant Name</a>"

But, if someone really wants to mess with affiliate links they can just view source or whatever to find the real url...

Hope this makes sense, and I'll PM you some urls if you want, cause I can't post urls till I have 10 posts... but I did find some info on this topic using "frames to mask affiliate links" at google

mmh3

mmh3, Dec 14, 2004 IP
  11. tomecki

tomecki Peon

Best Answers:
    I won't use clickbank or commision junction because they are paying by check. I live in Poland and there is a problem with checks. You must wait here 6 weeks to have money of check.
    So now I am looking for affiliate programs that pay by wires or epassporte.
    It is much faster...

tomecki, Dec 14, 2004 IP
  12. leeds1

leeds1 Peon

Best Answers:
    leeds1, Dec 14, 2004 IP
  13. mrjonman

mrjonman Peon

Best Answers:
    TinyURL is nice for shortening links, that's for certain but unfortunately it does not cloak ClickBank urls.

I entered http://www.affiliatelinkcloaker.com/?hop=mannmade into the TinyURL website's tool and received the following link http://tinyurl.com/4p34q

Clicking on either sends the user to http://www.affiliatelinkcloaker.com/?hop=mannmade where my affiliate link is quite vulnerable to hijacking.

The only tool that I have ever seen that masks ClickBank links is Clickalyzer available at www.clickalyzer.com Their service allows anyone to track a visitor from start to finish, even if the final purchase is made on a merchant's site rather than on the affiliate's own site. The drawback is Clickalyzer is a bit pricey ($29.95/mo or $299.00/yr), much too expensive for merely cloaking affiliate links.

mrjonman, Dec 14, 2004 IP
  14. Success

Success Peon

Best Answers:

I thought ClickBank do not allow frames now?

Also, the latest IE cannot track your affiliate cookie if it's loaded from a frame.

http://clickbank.com/hoplinkFAQ.html

13) Will I get referral credit if I hide hoplinks by making them open into a frame, iframe, layer, applet, image, or other sub-window object?

No. These are illegal hoplinks. For security reasons, and to ensure proper tracking of your referrals, all hoplinks must be targeted to the top level of a new or existing window.

14) What happens if I do make illegal hoplinks?

The short answer is that if you make illegal hoplinks you will lose money.

Hoplinks targeted to frames or iframes are automatically retargeted to fill the top level of same window, with full referral credit awarded. Note that this retargeting may have the unintended effect of displacing your entire web site.

Hoplinks targeted to images or other invisible html objects give you no referral credit at all. In some cases they will also prevent you from receiving referral credit for legal hoplinks on the same page.

Accounts that are found to be abusing the hoplink system may be terminated without notice.

Success, May 4, 2005 IP
  15. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    Aren't all of these strategies disallowed by adwords? I thought that you couldn't have redirects, pop-ups, or other sites framed in your landing page.

nevetS, May 4, 2005 IP
  16. paymentapprovaltooslow

paymentapprovaltooslow Banned

Best Answers:

I would quit now. You already wasted money on the ebook, now don't waste money on adwords.You will be very disspointed if you think you are going to pull in 'thousands'

But just follow the simple instructions. BUt a hop link, etc.

paymentapprovaltooslow, May 5, 2005 IP