1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hide Categories from Sidebar Nav in WP 2.3.2

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by jhmattern, Jan 28, 2008.

I'm upgrading my WP install and changing the theme on my business site / blog.

Current site: http://BizAmmo.com
    New theme: http://dev.bizammo.com

As you can see from the current site, I have 20 categories listed (business topics). There are others, like the glossary and blog categories, which I've hidden from that section of the list using a plugin (category visibility plugin I believe).

It doesn't seem to work on the latest version of Wordpress, but under the "sections" area on the right on the new theme, I still need to hide three categories, which I'll be displaying elsewhere manually.

I haven't been able to find another plugin to do this effectively. I saw one or two that claimed to be able to, but they either didn't work or weren't compatible with other necessary plugins.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get this category issue fixed? It's pretty much the last thing I'm waiting on now before switching designs on the main domain.

Thanks! :)

Jenn

jhmattern, Jan 28, 2008 IP
  2. Blonde Jon

Blonde Jon Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
  3. just-4-teens

just-4-teens Peon

Best Answers:
    just-4-teens, Jan 28, 2008 IP
    jhmattern likes this.
  4. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys. It's working beautifully now with the exclude option. :)

jhmattern, Jan 29, 2008 IP