1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

First the Reward program now the Referral Program takes a hit!

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by xboxundone, Jan 25, 2008.

1. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm saying that any company that wants an "out" will put these words at the end of their T's & C's-

Company reserves the right to change any of the terms and/or conditions of this Agreement at any time, with or without notice to you.​

Which means they aren't accountable; Their "promises" have asterisks next to them, just like any other company.

You're right, they might just decide to f_ck us all over in the future and just get rid of the referral program completely but as I said before, they're probably going to do things that increase their profit margin.

If you do read their contract with you, it basically says you'll get paid the money you're owed, but like with any other big affiliate network, I'm dead afraid that they'll find some small discrepancy and they'll just cancel out my payment. They do have that power.

BUT - they aren't the only ones. If you put all your eggs in one basket, your chances of getting burned go up. It's like in anything, if you have a single point of failure, when it dies, it's taking you down with it.

scottmweaver, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  2. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, aside from the fact that they do - really? Your lawyer?

I mean, kudos for trying, but why not just meet the minimum requirement for payout? That's money better spent, in my opinion.

3. zsales

zsales Peon

Best Answers:
    If they do, then there's no real case unless an attorney can someone make that into an exculpatory clause which I doubt.

But yes, really. If I had a case, I would definitely get my attorney involved. $500 a month is $6000.00 a year. And it's "lifetime'. If my affiliates were good at lasted 3 years, that's $18,000. And I can also sue for attorneys fees. And if I'm REALLY good, then I do a side deal with my attorney where I get a percentage of his earnings and we go for class actions status.

zsales, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  4. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Easy tiger. :]

Well, I suppose if you did have a case, that would be understandable.

For now, we should fuggedaboutit.

Just you watch -- I'll be the one ranting and raving in the near future, just for tempting the hands of fate.

5. marcowitsch

marcowitsch Guest

Best Answers:
    @ScottMWeaver, of course have all their "promises" asterisks next to them...

All I was saying is, that I don't like the fact they break their promise (It doesn't matter if there is an asterisk or not).
    It just shows that the regular publisher doesn't mean that much to them as they said.

marcowitsch, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  6. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    I get what you mean and I can sympathize but I also don't think it's anything to get upset over.

I think that it's good to know, before anything crazy goes down, how much you can trust the company and that way you know not to rely so heavily on them. That's all.

I rely as heavily on them now as I did then and it's not a huge amount. My affiliate manager, as great as he is, is looking out for himself, just like I am. We just want to make money and if that meant him cutting my payouts on some offer or penalizing me for something random, he would probably do it to make the customer happy because they are the financial engine that drives the site.

I know I'm probably preaching to the choir on most points, but ultimately I just don't think it's completely unexpected of them to do.

7. sf85

sf85 Peon

Best Answers:
    As someone who is closing in on $700 this month in referral commisions, "I'm not happy" and I will for sure start looking at other networks to push my efforts to. I personally believe this is a short-sighted decision on Azoogle's part and the end result is that it will cost them. The $700 probably represents 5% of my affiliate income but the principle represents about 100% of why I will look to diversify away from Azoogle.

Maybe the money is going to pay for the new office design UberAffiliate gave us a sneak peek of. :rolleyes:

sf85, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  8. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    You make a good point. It's easy to forget how difficult it is at first to break $1,000 in a month's time. I retract my former statement that it's not.

And regarding the new offices, I'd be willing to bet money you're right.

New location = new rules

9. GTAce

GTAce Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You left out a key step:

New location = less money = new rules ;)

GTAce, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  10. phpbbforfree

phpbbforfree Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You know with the rewards program gone and now this I think I might be taking my traffic to www.rocketprofit.com They seem to stick to their word when they say LIFETIME of the account.

phpbbforfree, Jan 28, 2008 IP
  11. gopherr

gopherr Peon

Best Answers:
    That makes absolutely no sense.

Azoogle seemed to have stuck to their word until last week as well.

gopherr, Jan 28, 2008 IP
  12. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Hah, true. Good point.

It is a sweet location though, don't you think?

scottmweaver, Jan 28, 2008 IP
  13. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Who sent you??

Hah, man. Where did it say "LIFETIME" of the account? I want to see this. :rolleyes:

scottmweaver, Jan 28, 2008 IP
  14. mofey

mofey Peon

Best Answers:
    They'll make an exception for Zac Johnson, but not for people like GTAce and others..
    Azoogle is on the right path! Shooting themselves in the foot.

mofey, Feb 1, 2008 IP
  15. GTAce

GTAce Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I actually had a second talk with them, and they have made an exception for me...If you've been hit with their new policy and feel like you don't deserve it, you need to express that...They're willing to work with you if you are doing legit referring and as long as you are using their network as well.

GTAce, Feb 1, 2008 IP
  16. xboxundone

xboxundone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yea they aren't to jumping up and down to work with me since i posted all over the place about the changes my am said he would "look" into it...

xboxundone, Feb 1, 2008 IP
  17. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Why do people think things are for free. If someone referred you then they are not getting $50+ a day for free. There is work involved. It's the same with affiliate programs. People say join this program and you can get free money, you don't get free money as you have to work for it. Putting a review of AzoogleAds on a site and attaching your referral link to that review is not free money. At the end of the day you have taken the time to review the network, give it credit, help it's brand and also given it a new publisher that may have not seen that referral link if it was not there and may have then gone and signed up to a competitors network instead.

As they are making their publisher program more stricter then this is what is going to happen, "they are going to have less people promoting them and promoting their competitors instead, which is likely to have a negative affect on them as people are more likely to join their competitors before finding out about AzoogleAds".

john269, Feb 2, 2008 IP