1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A redirect to help adwords quality score

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by MattEvers, Feb 9, 2006.

I do affiliate marketing via PPC, but have a problem with spefic keywords not on my landing page. The only page I can send the visitors to is the base page of the affiliate's site. Therefore when I bid on a specific product, I get "inactive for search."

I make sure my ad is well written for the keyword, so my only other guess is the landing page isn't good enough.

So my question is... Is there a way to do like a redirect through my own domain with a no follow or something so google will not penalize me with a low quality score?

MattEvers, Feb 9, 2006 IP
  2. Micromag

Micromag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    regarding the redirection, don't know if I understood you correctly:

if your destination url uses some kind of redirection, Google uses only 1 page as landing page and it is the very last automatically redirected page as the landing page.

If you create your own landing page in the middle that users need to click again to go to finally the affiliate page, only about 40% of the users will go there and you will pay for the 60% of the clicks lost.

Micromag, Feb 9, 2006 IP
    MattEvers likes this.
  3. MattEvers

MattEvers Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I read somewhere about doing a nofollow and google can't read the page, therefore Google doesn't know if it is relevent or not.

I talked to my affiliate manager and he said I couldn't do any white labeling, so I am looking for alternatives.

4. Micromag

Micromag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You asked your affiliate partiner to clean his website Page Rank usink a nofollow relay? Is this correct?

Micromag, Feb 9, 2006 IP
  5. MattEvers

MattEvers Notable Member

Best Answers:
    HUH? Not sure what you are talking about.