1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any ideas on how to market my Hosting Affiliate Site?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by andrej, Jan 27, 2008.

I have come up with an idea - you can check it out on my site Create Website - this site is whole about my idea.

I think this could work. My aim is to make at least one Hostgator sale daily. However, my problem is marketing. Of course the best way to go is SEO, but that's a long run and it's not so easy to make it to the top 3 on Google. I've also tried PPC, but that's expensive and I didn't get any conversions.

I think I might be successful marketing this website in some forums (via a link in my signature). However, I have no idea in which forums it could work. I'm sure it wouldn't work on DP.

Do you guys have any ideas?

Any help would be appreciated.

andrej, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  2. Daniel Cassidy

Daniel Cassidy Guest

Best Answers:
    It's a good idea, but I think you should make people sign up for Hostgator in order to receive the free templates. It looks like they can download them without getting the hosting.

You should make some websites and sell them on eBay and after they purchase them you can upsell the hosting or maybe make it a requirement to host with them in order to get the template.

Maybe you can offer the template at a discount price for Hostgator customers and charge full price for everybody else.

Daniel Cassidy, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  3. Decipher442

Decipher442 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed, or offer template at cost with option of signing up with Hostgator & recieve it free.

Decipher442, Jan 27, 2008 IP
    andrej likes this.
  4. Daniel Cassidy

Daniel Cassidy Guest

Best Answers:
    There is one other idea that I forgot about which I read a couple of months ago.

Basically what you would do is:

1. Get a dedicated server and setup a free website hosting company. (I am not sure if the software is free or not for setting up a web host on a server.)
    2. Monetize the free hosting sites with Adsense, CPA offers and banners for Hostgator.
    3. Market the free webhosting buy submitting it to free webhosting directories

Have a message saying that you can upgrade the hosting and get rid of the advertisements by signing up for Hostgator or any other webhost you might promote.

The only downside is that you have to purchase a dedicated server which will run you about $150-200 a month, but you can probably make it back pretty quick with the income off the ads and affiliate sales.

Regards,
    Daniel

Daniel Cassidy, Jan 27, 2008 IP
    andrej likes this.
  5. andrej

andrej Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you Daniel for replying. Actually the templates were downloaded, but nobody signed up for Hostgator. So that's a good idea to make it a condition to download a free theme or make the themes paid.

As for your free hosting idea, I would prefer not to deal with this, as that would involve a lot of work.

As I said, my problem is marketing. I have no idea where / how should I market the site to get it working - expect SEO and PPC. I don't know what could work. Maybe a sig link on a general forum could work if I make some posts daily?

andrej, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  6. Wolfolus

Wolfolus Peon

Best Answers:
    Well hosting is a BIG bussines with BIG players in it. So I think SEO and PPC are a bad idea. You will throw far more resources than you'll get! Think for more creative ways to market. For example I would recomend you to buy a Reseller account in Hostgator (they have great deals) and set you own hosting site. Than you make a decent list of all web design companies in your local area (especially the small ones). Then go to them one by one and speak to their managers or directors. Make a proposal : They recommend all their customers your site and for return they get lets say 30% of all sales. Tha is a win-win setuaton and you have nothing to lose. If you do that you'll have an army of direct marketers working for you. You just need to approach the right people with the right proposal. That was an example of creative thinking and marketing. Ans just imagine that there are hundreds of other ways to do that. Ever thing to start a web design company that will make websites for free? Ever thing to approach the local stores with a proposal? :)

Wolfolus, Jan 27, 2008 IP
    andrej likes this.
  7. andrej

andrej Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What kind of websites do you mean? And does this even work? - I mean selling websites on eBay.

Wolfolus, thanks for your tips. However, marketing my site locally wouldn't work very well for me, as I'm from Slovakia. And I need to market this in the US.

andrej, Jan 28, 2008 IP
  8. PrezWest

PrezWest Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you can add a few more hosting choices with a brief review of each choice, then let the visitor choose which one they want to sign up for. Something like: webhostinggeeks.com

PrezWest, Jan 28, 2008 IP
    andrej likes this.
  9. Wolfolus

Wolfolus Peon

Best Answers:
    Andrej - I'm from Bulgaria and it works for me. :) I think Slovakia is way ahead in the IT field comparing to the industry here in Bulgaria.
    You need a reseller account - not just be their affiliate.

Wolfolus, Feb 2, 2008 IP
  10. Sohan

Sohan Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks good, but you may want to vary your programs.

Sohan, Feb 2, 2008 IP