1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

uh oh...i predict big riots (Muhammed cartoons)

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by dsm56, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Ok, hold on.....just keep hitting refresh.

Crazy_Rob, Feb 9, 2006 IP
  2. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    haha I'll just come back when I get the notification ;) It may be awhile

BamaStangGuy, Feb 9, 2006 IP
  3. execute

execute Peon

Best Answers:
    You should be banned. You are truly a racist. A disgrace to what America Stands for.(but maybe you're not american)

You can make a cartoon about a couple muslims, you can make a cartoon about a muslim king, you can make a cartoon about Bin laden ALL YOU WANT. No one will say ANYTHING.

But when you EQUATE Islam as Terrorists in a cartoon it is outside the lines of freedom, it is disrespect. You cannot make fun of a religious leader. You can make fun of a terrorist or an extremist but not a religious leader.

The reason you think this way, is because of the media. The media always loves to show the bad.
    What brings more ratings? A beheading? Or a nice plain old non-extreme muslim?

All we see as Americans on TV is "this and this died by a terrorist attack"... it's called news, they like to report bad things. They like to report the ugly!

I'm not defending extremists or the ones that burn down buildings or the ones that kill the innocent. They are all evil, and criminal. But for decades the IRA has killed other christians, but they were never labeled "Catholic Terrorists", that is what people are getting angry about.

You see a couple of bad apples and you think the whole tree is bad. Trust me, the extremists and violent people are a minority. If you add up all the "rioting" and "crime" because of the cartoon it's about 100,000 people max (and YES someone at another forum did count it, thru news reports).
    There are 2 billion muslims world wide, it's pretty fair to say that the trouble makers are a small minority in the ARAB world, not MUSLIM.

Do not equate Islam with extremists or terrorists, or arabs. They are all a very small minority. They look like a lot because that's all you ever see on TV. In Europe it is becoming just like World War 2. The only difference is, instead of Jews, they are being discriminatory against Muslims.

America is not about that. We treat everyone equally. Freedom of speech does not give you Freedom to insult. People need to completely stop associating Islam with Terrorism, since the Terrorists obviously have not even read the Koran! They talk about virgins in heaven, which has nothing to do with Islam.

execute, Feb 9, 2006 IP
    Crazy_Rob likes this.
  4. BamaStangGuy

Best Answers:
    Awww someone woke up on the wrong side of the cave this morning.

Please highlight posts that make me a racist.

I can make a cartoon about any damn thing I please :cool:

There is this thing called freedom of speech. People make fun of Jesus all the time on regular cable TV.

Muhammad isn't special ;)

Where is it outlined that religous leaders are not allowed to be made fun of? Do you believe in censorship unless it fits your ideals?

Show me the good then. Show me where the Muslim people as a whole are saying enough is enough.

All I see is muslims electing people into office that promote this stuff. Please prove me other wise.

Please show me the good I asked above. Show me where the muslim people as a whole are taking a stand against this. They are not doing so via the polls as they keep electing extremists into their government left and right. They keep surpressing peoples rights.

Yes you are because that is the people I am attacking. Please tell me where I said all Muslims are extremists. I am simply stating that Muslims as a whole are showing me little to no effort in stopping this behavior.

So what if they werent labeled that? What do you want to label someone that walks into a diner and blows themselves up in the name of Allah? What politically correct bullshit do you want to call them.

If they are a minority why do the "majority" keep electing them into office. Please answer this.

100,000 people that no one wants to stand up to over there.

2 Billion versus 100,000? Somehow I would think the "Majority" would be able to over come that. How come this is not possible?

Again if they are such a minority why do they keep getting elected by the "majority"?

2 Billion people versus 100,000... somehow the 100,000 is winning huh. Keep getting elected into office. Iran... Hamas being elected...

Who are you trying to fool?

The Middle East doesn't however. Extremist or not the Middle East countries surpress their people greatly.

5. latehorn

latehorn Guest

Best Answers:
    both, but I personally don't hate people that believes in a religion. What the writer in Jyllandsposten expressed was slightly anti-islamic values. If someone has a problem with that art because of a inmature belief in Islam then it's not the artists problem.

latehorn, Feb 9, 2006 IP
  6. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Quoted for emphasis :D

:rolleyes:

yo-yo, Feb 9, 2006 IP
  7. BamaStangGuy

Best Answers:
    Ragheads = extremists that make their body go BOOM!

I guess I got to bring it down to the 6 year old level for you guy. You just want to paint me as a racist. Nothing I say will change your mind. It's quite humourous who the open minded ones are on this forum. I have yet to see you blame anything on anyone but Bush. Talk about being open minded. :cool:

8. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    I thought raghead just racist slang, kind of like sand nigger

ferret77, Feb 9, 2006 IP
  9. latehorn

latehorn Guest

Best Answers:
    In America, yes. I see no problem with that. As long as people can express whatever they want, people will be nice and respect others more.

latehorn, Feb 9, 2006 IP
  10. BamaStangGuy

Best Answers:
    I can insult anyone I want in person. If they want to do something about it they can.

Who are you to tell me what I can say?

11. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    Just out curosity have any of you ever had a problem with a Muslims, I mean face to face. Have you ever even had an altercation with a Muslim?

Do many of you people even see Muslims regularly?

ferret77, Feb 9, 2006 IP
  12. BamaStangGuy

Best Answers:
    haha reminds me of 40 Year Old Virgin

I always relate raghead to the extremists not to the whole Muslim population.

I find it silly that some peoplel on here honestly think I believe the entire Muslim population is extremists. They just want that to be the case so they can reconfirm their beliefs and sleep better at night. Some people you just got to spell it out for them.

In the future I will do this. I will make sure I am clear when I am talking about extremists and then the General Muslim population

13. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, No, it doesn't. Ragheads = your a racist cocksucker.

It is, and he is a prime example of backwards evolution.

yo-yo, Feb 9, 2006 IP
  14. BamaStangGuy

Best Answers:
    What does that have to do with anything? If I answer yes does my opinion on this matter gain more credentials? What about no?

I take what I observe and base an opinion on that.

My opinion is if the majority of the 2 Billion Muslims in this world are against the very thing going on in the Middle East then why do they insist on electing the "minority" that are causing these problems into office time after time after time?

15. BamaStangGuy

Best Answers:
    Its funny it mentioned Yassar Arafat whom is an extremists. It mentioned others that did not like being "lumped" together with this term.

My intention was aimed at the extremists with this comment. To me it can be interpreted that way by the definition that you gave. It clearly says that term is used to describe Yasser Arafat whom was an extremist. Take that as you will.

Like I said in the future it will be very clear whom I am talking about. If you still wish to believe me as an racist then so be it that is your choice. I have clearly stated I am not and will not use that phrase in the future to describe extremists.

16. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    Just curious if you entire opinion of muslims is based on stuff you see on TV

I think I have been one fist fight with a Muslim, but other then that I don't think I have ever had any problems with any other Muslim people, in my life.

SAo when was last time you saw a Muslim in real life?

ferret77, Feb 9, 2006 IP
  17. BamaStangGuy

Best Answers:
    I take what has been said and make an opinion. Like my question on why they keep electing whom they do.

18. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    Have you ever seen a muslim in real life?

ferret77, Feb 9, 2006 IP
  19. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Probably because just like here in the US, elections aren't real, they're rigged. Why does the "greatest country" in the world keep electing morons who can't talk straight? Surely Bush couldn't possibly be the best America has to offer?

yo-yo, Feb 9, 2006 IP
  20. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hahahahahahaha...I need another good laugh today. :D

yo-yo, Feb 9, 2006 IP