1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Adwords Help

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by The Emirates Gallastico, Jan 26, 2008.

Hey guys,

I've only just started using Adwords - started off with a small amount ($40) so I don't really mind if I blow my budget as it's a trial, but I need help - Adwords isn't allowing me to do so :confused:

I have an amazingly convertising offer - out of every four ($0.1) clicks I send to the page, one of them converts bringing me $2.5. That's the base - it's usually better. The first day I ran my (four campaigns), I got $21.20 received (in the offer) for $3.44 spent, obviously a decent total. Now, I'd love to put more into that - multiply that by ten or one hundred and the gains are pretty decent, however my Adwords stats for yesterday (without me changing a single thing) show:

[​IMG]

I even doubled my click cost, but it seems I'm not getting any clicks - I don't know why, considering I got a load of them yesterday and I haven't made any changes at all.

Any help? :eek:

The Emirates Gallastico, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  2. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Is this a content network campaign? A lot of impressions and very few clicks suggests it is. The answer might be in where the ads are showing - run a Report to see where and you might find you're getting a lot of impressions somewere quite useless to you. You can block those - and you might find it's more useful to you to run placement campaigns on the sites that were converting for you. (though not all sites can be targeted in that way - they can opt out)

magda, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  3. cianuro

cianuro Peon

Best Answers:
    Certainly looks like an a content network campaign.

Change it to search only then tell me the URL of your site ;)

cianuro, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  4. The Emirates Gallastico

The Emirates Gallastico Banned

Best Answers:
    Just for the record, here's the stats for the day before yesterday:

[​IMG]

Nothing major, but I wouldn't mind those again, better than the one in the first post.

I have disabled the content network - will PM you my site in a minute. :)

The Emirates Gallastico, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  5. cianuro

cianuro Peon

Best Answers:
    cianuro, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  6. The Emirates Gallastico

The Emirates Gallastico Banned

Best Answers:
    I've only targeted the US for the US offers (I'm linking to each offer page directly in Adwords, for example /music.html) and UK for the UK ones (linking to /football.html)

Ah, didn't know that rule. Strange, because loads of people I know are promoting the same thing and Adwords works fine... perhaps I need to find a different PPC program :eek:

Thanks for the help :)

The Emirates Gallastico, Jan 27, 2008 IP
    cianuro likes this.