1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

6 Months Old, 2,000+ Backlinks, PR0 - Why?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by j0ned, Jan 26, 2008.

Hey guys,

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but the "Google" forum is for discussion about the company itself, not pagerank. Wasn't sure where else to post this...

Anyway, here's my question. My blog has over 2,000 backlinks (according to Yahoo) and is six months old. All the content is unique and published by me. It's totally legit site with a lot of subscribers, but the pagerank remains 0.

A buddy of mines site has only a couple hundred backlinks with a PR1, but it's over a year old. What's the deal?! Am I doing something wrong?

Here's the URL: www.nullamatix.com

This is very frustrating...

j0ned, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  2. DomainDomain

DomainDomain Active Member

Best Answers:
    Check on this tool http://www.backlinkwatch.com/ to see how strong your back links are.
    How good (pr, back links etc) are the links to your site? I think that may answer your question, but tbh google is very inconsistant on all aspects, PR being one of them. Also, PR is not of *extreme* importance IMO, unless selling links.
    Hope that helps, I know it can be frustrating.
    DD

edit - the free website review page is showing PR3 on my end....

DomainDomain, Jan 26, 2008 IP
    j0ned likes this.
  3. j0ned

j0ned Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very nice tool, thank you.

The PR for each site containing a link to mine isn't reporting, so should I assume the PR is 0? These links aren't very strong at all... some of the pages have over 800 outbound links on 1 page.

Guess I'm just confused because I see so many crap sites with PR3+, yet my site with quality information is still PR0. Again, thanks for the info. Have to remind myself that patience is a virtue.

j0ned, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  4. DomainDomain

DomainDomain Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I know how you feel.

I made a load of what i would call grey hat sites as an experiment (really poor content, MFA style design, no navigation etc) that all made PR2 or 3, including inner pages. It must be really annoying if you have put alot of effort in...
    My advice would be to get some good social bookmarking submission. It worked for me, Lipdskin on here is very good.
    Then go for some High PR directory submissions.

Good luck mate
    DD

DomainDomain, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  5. Philopoemen

Philopoemen Peon

Best Answers:
    The strength of backlinks is very important. I have a domain with ~30.000 backlinks, and it got just PR 1 on previous update. Sucks, eh? :)

Philopoemen, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  6. seoster

seoster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I checked your site and some of your backlinks. Yahoo shows backlinks and where your links have footprinted, so not all are real links in the 2000 count. I noticed a lot of blogs and commenting on forums. Google only reports around 58 links for your site. A lot more higher quality links should help.

seoster, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  7. j0ned

j0ned Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the great info guys - I'll continue my quest.

j0ned, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  8. seo daddy

seo daddy Active Member

Best Answers:
    One of my sites is 3 years old.
    it has 25,000 quality backlinks (mostyl PR4 or greater)

The homepage is stuck on PR2 :confused:while some inner pages are PR4 !!

Then another site of mine which has been going 3 years or slightly more, has very little backlinks in comparison, and is PR6 homepage and PR3 or 4 inner pages. :rolleyes:

Google is smoking a crack pipe at present IMHO.

Just focus on ORGANIC backlinks...and DONT BOTHER if they are not strongly related to your niche.....

GOogle just got wise. And in my experience is not attaching any value to links from a random unrelated site.

also, avoid sites with lots of links like blogrolls for example (as one of your link sets is...). Google sees a blogroll and sadly, thinks, 'paid for links'

Whether they are or not :(

seo daddy, Jan 26, 2008 IP