1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tip to bloggers

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Justin_Dupre, Jan 26, 2008.

If you want traffic to your blog, you are going to need to do guest posts. I just did a guest post on Problogger.net, and had Mr. Darren Rowse link to my blog, Blogosis. Wow! Darren has over 39xxx subscribers. After about 12 hours, I have more than doubled my traffic.

Do your best writing, pitch an idea to a big blogger, and see if they will take it. You can keep pitching ideas to other big bloggers until someone bites. Just make sure you are writing some original stuff and usually they want it. Do it for free. Trust me, the traffic is worth the time and effort!

Justin

Justin_Dupre, Jan 26, 2008 IP
    kiviniar likes this.
  2. kiviniar

kiviniar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hey that quite cool, I guess i first have to think of a non-conventional topic to have a popular blogger host my writeup

Thanks for the thumbs up and enjoy your moment of glory

kiviniar, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  3. yogesh sarkar

yogesh sarkar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A good guest post on a big blog like Problogger or shoemoney would definitely get you good traffic. Any major increase in RSS subscribers?

yogesh sarkar, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  4. Justin_Dupre

Justin_Dupre Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I was completely unprepared when he posted my guest post, so I couldnt direct people to my ultimate posts. Darren meant to send me an email a few hours before he posted, but it never sent out.

My subscribers jumped about 25% though. My blog is less than a month old, but that is a huge increase for one day . I estimate I will have maybe 20-30 new subscribers after the post drops off his front page. That should put me around 70 total subscribers I will guess.

5. shamus

shamus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just a week or so ago, my 5 day old blog was linked on Shoemoney within a very, very controversial post. My 14 day old blog now has 220 subscribers, and 1k+ uniques daily.

So, no matter how you do it, get a link from one of the big guys if you're serious about rocketing your blog to the next level of existence. Just make sure you have good enough content to keep them, and all is good.

shamus, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  6. Justin_Dupre

Justin_Dupre Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow. Got a lot more success than me, but then again, he linked to your post, and not a guest post. That is what I will need next. How did you do that? Email him with the post?

Thanks

Justin

7. shamus

shamus Active Member

Best Answers:
    No, I inadvertently pissed him off. But it's water under the bridge, and everything is cool now =D

shamus, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  8. Justin_Dupre

Justin_Dupre Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh yeah. That post haha. I remember. Congrats on pissing him off.