1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Entrecard - Am I missing something?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by LongHaul, Jan 25, 2008.

I signed up for Entrecard, and these things have happened:

Within about 2 hours, about 20 people dropped their cards on me. Some went in my Inbox, some went in the Accept/Deny column.

I found a few in the Campaigns section I could afford to advertise on, and applied. None has accepted or denied me.

Basically I don't understand exactly what's happening, or what strategy to use. Why did I get so many so soon, and none since? Should I apply to everything I can? How are some people's blogs "queue full" and stuff? Is there some way to control that? What are those in my Inbox? Am I supposed to do something to them?

Entrecard seems like a good idea, but as usual, they got carried away with the features and I'm suspicious whether the learning curve is worth it. That is the very definition of Web 2.0 for me :/

LongHaul, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  2. Contrarian

Contrarian Guest

Best Answers:
    It is normal for people to drop cards in your inbox. Those are people who visit your site and use the "drop yours" feature. They get a point for dropping a card and you receive a point for getting a card. I try to drop off at least 5 cards a day in my category (i.e. finance) by the end of the week I will have 35 points + what others drop off.

It might take some time for others to accept or deny you. Some check the quality of your site and see if it is worth it.

People will offer to advertise on your site when your new because A) your site is cheap to advertise on B) Their is advertising space available. As time goes on and assuming your dropping off cards and vise versa it will get more expensive to advertise on your site. Also, once you start accepting advertisements, your mailbox will be full. When the advertising que is full it means its full lol.

Again, your inbox is people dropping a card on your site.They gain a point, you gain a point.

Any more questions?

Contrarian, Jan 25, 2008 IP
    LongHaul likes this.
  3. theredgiant

theredgiant Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not worth it. I've sent more visitors from my site to others then I've received.

theredgiant, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  4. LongHaul

LongHaul Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply. Yes I have more questions!

When people dropped their card, some went in my Inbox column, some went in another column and I had to accept or deny them. Why the different columns?

Do I have to actually visit the website to drop my card off? What's the point of doing that anyway if I can't come even close to affording to advertise on their site? If it's just to get a point, it seems like that would be all Entrecard would be used for... gaining one point at a time.

I have accepted several ads, lasting about 9 or 10 days or something, but my ad queue doesn't appear to be full. Is that normal?

Anyway I'll keep at it, thanks for the help. It will be fun to see if this is worth it.

LongHaul, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  5. Contrarian

Contrarian Guest

Best Answers:
    When people dropped their card, some went in my Inbox column, some went in another column and I had to accept or deny them. Why the different columns?

The inbox column is when people drop their cards into your inbox. They gain a point and you gain a point.
    The advert column is when someone wants to advertise on your site for one day. The amount it costs depends on how many cards you receive per day. Different columns is to separate the two.

Do I have to actually visit the website to drop my card off?

Yes you do.
    What's the point of doing that anyway if I can't come even close to affording to advertise on their site?
    As you drop cards on a regular basis and people drop on your site it does accumulate. Trust Me.

If it's just to get a point, it seems like that would be all Entrecard would be used for... gaining one point at a time.

To a certain extent yes. I have been introduced to several great blogs on entrecard.

I have accepted several ads, lasting about 9 or 10 days or something, but my ad queue doesn't appear to be full. Is that normal?

A few more will do the trick and you should stop receiving them as long as your ad que is full

Contrarian, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  6. Veron2007

Veron2007 Banned

Best Answers:
    Entrecard is a fantastic tool for new bloggers looking to create awareness for their blogs. If I were to start a new blog, i would definitely use their widgets to promote traffic. However, the only draw back is the amount of time needed to drop cards in order to build up your credit inventory. That is if you want to advertise on other blogs.
    However, if you are just looking for inbound traffic based on your Entrecard widget, you will be fine.

Veron2007, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  7. twodogs

twodogs Banned

Best Answers:
    this is a good blog i found on entrecard

link here

twodogs, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  8. xluciusx

xluciusx Peon

Best Answers:
    i'm new to this entre card thing as well but it has been bringing a site i recently bought some decent traffic
    the site is called

PoeticMoney

so far i think it to be decent.

xluciusx, Jan 28, 2008 IP
  9. clipod

clipod Peon

Best Answers:
    Ya entrecard is working fine for me. You need to understand the strategy. Really this is an absolutely fantastic thing.

clipod, Jan 28, 2008 IP
  10. Bolkie

Bolkie Peon

Best Answers:
    This is sounding very interesting, I am going to read up on this system :)

Bolkie, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  11. fattony69

fattony69 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is the second best feature for my traffic. I don't care about the credits, which is why I am giving away 1,000,000+ credits!

fattony69, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  12. michael.aulia

michael.aulia Active Member

Best Answers:
    I hate it though that people are doing "chain dropping"..they just go to the blogs, drop their card and don't even care to know more about the blog where they drop their card to

So the "traffic figure" can be deceiving..

michael.aulia, Feb 3, 2008 IP