1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do Ron Paul supporters have to be so fawning?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by stOx, Jan 25, 2008.

It's one thing to fully support a candidate, But this constant fawning over ron paul is getting a bit much. I haven't seen such cringworthy idolatry since peter andre came to sing at my secondary school and 3 girls had to be treated by St Johns ambulance after fainting.

I wouldn't be surprised if eventually the ron paul campaign logo depicts a "paulunteer" (puke) cradling pauls face in their hands, Stroking his hair and looking into his eyes while gushing love-letter-style melancholy.

Tone it down a bit guys... You are acting like teenage girls who have just got their first boyfriend.

I hope i have successfully conveyed what i think every time i see a ron paul avatar of see a post about him.

stOx, Jan 25, 2008 IP
    Crazy_Rob likes this.
  2. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You mean like mine?

I really wish people would stop making all of these Ron Paul threads.

guerilla, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  3. ncz_nate

ncz_nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ncz_nate, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  4. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah like yours. The avatars are only a contributing factor though. It's the general way paul supporters have taken on this shared personality that overflowing with gratuitous devotion.

it puts me in mind of the feelings a dog has for it's owner. The feeling of absolute devotion at the expence of thier own self respect and dignity.

stOx, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  5. ncz_nate

Best Answers:
    hey that reminds me of Fox viewers!

ncz_nate, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  6. nextebizguy

nextebizguy Peon

Best Answers:
    What you're seeing is the development of a cult. Based on cult research, I will describe the average Ron Paul cult member.

A Paultard is someone with:

• a high level of dissatisfaction
    • a lack of self-confidence
    • gullibility
    • desire to belong to a group
    • low tolerance for ambiguity
    • naive idealism
    • cultural disillusionment
    • frustrated spiritual searching
    • susceptibility to trance-like states

It is also noted that cults are groups that often exploit members psychologically and/or financially, typically by making members comply with leadership's demands through certain types of psychological manipulation, popularly called mind control, and through the inculcation of deep-seated anxious dependency on the group and its leaders.

Paultards are exploited psychologically by being made to believe they are part of a revolution. The reality is that there is no revolution and Ron Paul will never be elected President.

They are exploited financially by being asked to give large sums of money to a lost cause.

It's truly sad to see fellow American's being duped into the Ron Paul cult. One can only hope they see the light out before it's too late...

nextebizguy, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  7. ncz_nate

Best Answers:

Here let me do some stereotyping of my own..

The Neocon Nixon Numbnuts consist of the following:

- Hatred for anyone who has a belief (liberty) other than their own.
    - Repeat the fact that Ron Paul is a "no-tier" candidate but make several threads about him a day, have anti-Paul avatars and make lengthy posts attacking him or his supporters.
    - Continually neg rep anyone who has beat them in an intellectual argument SEVERAL weeks ago (will.spencer & Mia) but keep negging with a vengeance.
    - Have no rational whatsoever.
    - Visit ronpaulforums.com daily just to monitor our activities in fear of our progress (GTech)
    - Have no republican viewpoints whatsoever.
    - Will neg me for this post because of your "low self-esteem".

ncz_nate, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  8. Toopac

Toopac Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd say that description fits most around here;)

Toopac, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  9. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It's sad to see someone is as unintelligent as you :rolleyes:
    So much time and energy posting Anti Paul this and that, 'paultards' and so much more. Yet you have nothing to offer.

You sound just like every other RP basher.

What a joke, yet this is what P&R has been reduced to..

Don't mind me, I'm going to try to uncover some grass for a more intelligent discussion..

GRIM, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  10. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:

AWESOME!!!
    OWNED'EM... :D:D:D:D

gauharjk, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  11. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    I'd have to agree, based on my own observations.

I don't believe it's that "ron paul can do no wrong" anymore. There's no question to his racist newsletters, racist ties, etc. These have all been documented and exposed.

I believe those that support him, do so despite these things. They simply care more about the destruction of America and being part of popularity contests, than how sickening some of the things RP has written about Blacks, Jews and homosexuals over the years.

GTech, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  12. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showpost.php?p=6278738&postcount=29

guru-seo, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  13. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,316169,00.html

Yes there is tons of quotes from Huck against 'homosexuals' what is that saying you use? Hypocrisy soup?

There are lots of quotes of him, but I know you'll say it's taken out of context, yadda, yadda, yadda. These statements however there is NO question to who made them, he definitely made them..

How about woman?
    http://www.bpnews.net/bpnews.asp?ID=2510

I find it funny, RP supporters could hit you back over and over with all the crap on Huck but they don't. They have shown themselves to be of higher character IMHO, take it how you will.

I know you will not stop using any source to discredit a man with 'no chance' all the time claiming every quote Huck personally made is 'out of context' and linking to the 'truth squad' that has already been largely debunked.

:rolleyes:

GRIM, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  14. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    Gtech has been OWNED!!! Once again. Its getting kind of old. (Gtech's ramblings that is) :)

15. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    grim is going for dishonesty now, to show he has a higher character, by deliberately misquoting what I said.

I should expect nothing less.

He is outraged over comments that certainly do not appear unreasonable for the conservative party, and even more so, believes comments about women are bad.

But what he seems to approve of, are the racial bigotry comments made by his own candidate that cannot be taken out of any context:

http://www.tnr.com/politics/story.html?id=74978161-f730-43a2-91c3-de262573a129

At least I know what you stand for, grim ;)

My candidate has addressed any and all accusations. Your candidate hides behind his supporters, claiming he didn't know about the newsletters, only to have been caught lying, by defending them in the past.

The disturbing part is, you know all this, and despite it, still support him. Yet you have the nerve to talk about another's character. Shame.

GTech, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  16. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I just find it totally disgusting, Huck has lots and lots of public quotes that show 'hate' against certain groups. If we had written transcripts on every speech he ever made I'm certain there would be many many more. These are without a doubt his words, but those get a total pass.

Yet in the written form, when it's not even proven a man wrote them, some use it as 100% proof that the man is a bigot/racist.

Simply unreal..

I btw am not ripping on Huck for his quotes, he is free to think as he wishes. It's simply outrageous his supporters would give him a free pass for saying what he did, while attacking someone else for something they can not even prove the individual wrote.

GRIM, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  17. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    I think we should all give Gtech a moment of silence. ;)

18. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Nope Gtech I learned that from you. I have witnessed you using that method multiple times, only taking partial quotes, etc. Thanks for the tip.
    No you shouldn't, I watch what people post..
    I'm outraged? Seriously, I am? That's news to me, never did I say I was outraged.
    Ahh so here is Gtechs way to 'spin' what Huck says, to it's good, but when someone else writes against Homosexuals it's bad? How does this work exactly? So you think woman should submit to men, your character is shining through.
    Ahh that are not proven to be by him. ;)
    I stand for honesty and not doing the crap you do.
    Sigh Gtech this has been hashed out over and over, yet I see it's ok for Huck to be against gays, but not RP. Nice hypocrisy you have there.
    LOL Gtech, the sad part is you know Huck is anti gay yet you have the nerve to attack someone else who is supposedly anti gay..

Shame..

Seriously not even giving an ounce of thought into responding to you Gtech as you continue to show you're not worthy of it.

An honest man would say 'yes Huck said some bad things' but Gtech you are not honest are you?

GRIM, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  19. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    In a way I agree, the movement shouldn't be about Ron Paul but about Ron Paul's ideas. But that being said, I think it's just so exciting for people to finally hear a politician who actually speaks the truth, who isn't bought and sold, that the reaction to him is quite natural.

Zibblu, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  20. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think "some people" realize that they cannot attack the ideas head on, so they have to discredit the man. And there is a natural backlash against that, because these are damn good ideas.

guerilla, Jan 26, 2008 IP