1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dmoz Google And The Sandbox

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by CedarCity, Feb 8, 2006.

I have a question I wasnt sure if this is the correct place because I could have just as easily put it in the google section but anyways...
    The question I have is this, If you are sandboxed by google for being a new site. My site is 3 1/2 months old, yet you got listed in DMOZ will that shorten the time it takes to get out of the sandbox or does it not have an effect?

CedarCity, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  2. bradley

bradley Peon

Best Answers:
    I have no idea. I very much doubt Google has an exception in its algos for DMOZ. On the other hand, if the number of links from sites google considers to be authoritative (DMOZ presumably being one, since it populates the Google Directory) speeds up sandbox exit, then yes, perhaps... Either way, there's just no way of knowing. And it makes no real difference either, unless you're genuinely debating whether to submit or not? You might as well if you think your site has enough content and that it meets the DMOZ guidelines... then forget!

bradley, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  3. CedarCity

CedarCity Peon

Best Answers:
    Honestly I was just hoping it would help because I did get listed. You know one of those wishful thinking things. Anyways it can't hurt i would presume so we will wait and see.

CedarCity, Feb 8, 2006 IP