1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you SEO for Yahoo?

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by Gnome, Jan 19, 2008.

1. ChaosFoo

ChaosFoo Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm glad that most of you are willing to toss 15-20% of your potential customers out the window. It makes it easier for me to optimize my site in Yahoo. :) Imagine a 15-20% pay raise. Wouldn't that be nice?

Honestly, ranking well in Google does not mean that you rank well in Yahoo. People really should spend time trying to rank well in Yahoo. Those people who say that they don't get visitors from Yahoo probably don't rank in Yahoo.

ChaosFoo, Jan 22, 2008 IP
    shenron likes this.
  2. metros

metros Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I never SEO Yahoo nor any other Search Engine.
    My whole websites built so every Search Engine will index it good.
    I have same SERPS on all over SE's.
    My last project having 60/day from Yahoo, 50/day from Google and 4-5 from Live.

So just build it good, promote it good, write good content and that's it.

metros, Jan 22, 2008 IP
  3. Simon78

Simon78 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that Yahoo is unpredictable...

Simon78, Jan 22, 2008 IP
  4. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    optimizing for a particular engine is not really feasible unless you develop different sites for each.

In my experience all sites I seo rank well in the three major engines.

Anyone who says they don't care about Yahoo has little to no understanding of business concepts or driving traffic.

Think of search engines as streets to your store.

Would you want to be at the end of a single one way street???

Or

Would you want 1000s of streets to stop at your store?

Use real world business methods and you'll soon find success.;)

Read online BS that few have any real evidence to support and you'll struggle for an eternity.......:eek:

Sem-Advance, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  5. viceroid

viceroid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    dude yahoo doesnt have a rank

viceroid, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  6. Gnome

Gnome Active Member

Best Answers:
    I just SEO for Google and yahoo follows

Gnome, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  7. hasen

hasen Peon

Best Answers:
    Your first statement is why your second statement is true. Don't underestimate the benefits of the other two major search engines. Even MSN is worth optimising for because there's less competition for the major keywords and typically the traffic from there converts better.

hasen, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  8. Gnome

Gnome Active Member

Best Answers:
    I find that MSN uses lots of bandwidth when it indexes.
    I have it blocked for that.It doesnt even give me any traffic.

Gnome, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  9. wildfire07

wildfire07 Peon

Best Answers:
    Not worth thinking about, less traffic from Yahoo than Ask. Have had #1 ranking on Yahoo in the past resulting in little traffic compared to Google

wildfire07, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  10. Markas

Markas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I do not care about them :)
    People in my country does not use any other search engine except Google :)

Markas, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  11. Zafar Ahmed

Zafar Ahmed Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo is not successful bringing in traffic. What is the point of these bots?

Zafar Ahmed, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  12. obay

obay Notable Member

Best Answers:
    How do you even SEO for Yahoo!

I am interested in learning.

obay, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  13. Zafar Ahmed

Zafar Ahmed Active Member

Best Answers:
    Use Google for Yahoo :D

Zafar Ahmed, Jan 25, 2008 IP
    shenron likes this.
  14. Gnome

Gnome Active Member

Best Answers:
    I dont really see why people are saying yahoo are becoming as big as Google.
    Ive only gotten 10hits from Yahoo EVER.

Gnome, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  15. hasen

hasen Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you actually even rank highly for any top keywords on Yahoo though? Yahoo should be proud that its not as easy to game as Google and so not any 'idiot' can rank highly. If you don't get any traffic from Yahoo then you don't get any traffic from Yahoo! I can't put it more simply than that. You know you need to work harder on your SEO.

I used to be like most on this thread - then I optimised for Yahoo. Once I did that I got significant traffic from it. Particularly in the USA, Yahoo is very popular so if you want lots of US traffic then don't underestimate Yahoo. Anyway I should keep my mouth shut 'cos reading all these posts makes me happy as it leaves all the Yahoo traffic for myself. Maybe all you webmasters don't bother with Yahoo but fortunately the USERs themselves don't feel the same way about it. :)

hasen, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  16. skeeboo

skeeboo Peon

Best Answers:
    I noticed today that one of my sites (a pretty big one) that was always in Yahoo is no longer there. I've focused on Google for quite a while and never paid much attention to Yahoo. A few of my other sites aren't listed either.

I did pay back in the day when it was only like 30 bucks a year or something to ensure a crawl/inclusion in search results and set preferred keywords. Anyone remember that service? I think it was based on Overture and let you add more than one URL - it also would give you reports on what people searched on and when. It was pretty cool back then. Then they jacked the price up from basically a flat rate to wanting webmasters to pay per click (after Google AdWords took off) and I never renewed the subscription to that service. So I guess I've been out of Yahoo ever since. Funny.

Anyway, I agree that it's probably good to get into Yahoo even if you're not at the top. Isn't Yahoo #2 still? Why wouldn't you want to be there if people are obviously still using it. I think Yahoo's web services (e-mail, my yahoo, games, messenger, etc etc etc) are very popular and most of those have the Yahoo search built in. That alone is worth trying to get in. Google is top dog but I'm not picky. I'll take visits from everywhere! :D

I was playing around with their Site Explorer today. Hopefully adding/verifying all my sites and adding sitemaps to the "feeds" section of the Site Explorer will let them know that I'm around and get me back in. It's not much effort at all really since I already have sitemaps and stuff for Google. I don't plan on doing much more than that right now. $299 or whatever it costs now for the review is too much. Especially when considering multiple sites that are mostly nonprofit.

skeeboo, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  17. troyzz

troyzz Peon

Best Answers:
    Keywords that I rank #1 for in yahoo I rank top 10 for google. Even though my ranking is lower in google I still bring in 50-100 times more traffic than yahoo. My website doesnt sell any products but earns revenue from cpm ads so I could care less about yahoo. I focus mainly on google and my return has been greater than anything I could achieve out of yahoo.

troyzz, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  18. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My SEO is focused on natural/organic se results

As far as I can tell thus far Yahoo's results are based more around their demographic main first market as far as the .com .co.uk results are concerned.

Yahoo's first/initial/main focus demographic is imho less wide ranging than Google's (IMHO!) as Yahoo is not primarily a search engine and as we all know uses both Overture and Google as well as other sources to compile it's SERPS.

This is one of the reasons why Google is and has been able to gain a monopoly over Yahoo and the likes of Alta Vista.

Google is basic and plain but by being so it is faster loading

Yahoo is cluttered and slower and so therefor preferred for other things othet than it's Search facility.

Yahoo's main demographic for it's .com original seems to me to be

American's in certain age ranges

Google appeals to a wider range of users

To discount a search engine as of no consequesnce though seems rash as there are not just three Search engines that surfers are using

there are plenty more that others also prefer.

Yahoo produces only part organic results if it did'nt nobody much (well plenty of those in the know) would not use it's se facility.

Hence why when it come to natural/organic SE Results

everyone is stating they prefer Google opposed to Yahoo

Revelations-Decoder, Jan 27, 2008 IP
    shenron likes this.
  19. reapr

reapr Peon

Best Answers:
    I d very basic SEO stuff, what is most important is content. I use to worry about tweaking for this and that well now I do well in both SE's.

reapr, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  20. enous

enous Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I dont do anything for yahoo.and ranking bad in yahoo too..

enous, Jan 27, 2008 IP