1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ok, are YPN payouts going down again?

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by SkiRat44, Feb 7, 2006.

Call me neurotic, but is anyone else experience low revenue again today? It seems like end of last week we had this problem, then it seemed to go back up, and now it seems to be back to low paying again.

Just trying to figure out the trend....

SkiRat44, Feb 7, 2006 IP
  2. nt99

nt99 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, it's going down for sure. I'm doing a lot of experimenting with different ad categories.

Definitely seeing downward trends though. Sucks.

nt99, Feb 7, 2006 IP
  3. trivum

trivum Peon

Best Answers:
    My was down yesterday morning, but then seemed to pick back up. Down again today, but it doesn't seem to be picking up as well.

trivum, Feb 7, 2006 IP
  4. nt99

nt99 Active Member

Best Answers:
    In short, it's all over the place lately.

Unfortunately, the more publishers that sign up, the less we're all going to make. Just wait til it goes global ....and then out of BETA. 5 cent clicks, weeeeeeeeee. :-\

nt99, Feb 7, 2006 IP
  5. trivum

trivum Peon

Best Answers:
    All I can say is: Come on MSN beta!

trivum, Feb 7, 2006 IP
  6. SEO Jeff

SEO Jeff Active Member

Best Answers:
    Geee I hope this does not continue this way while in beta. I recently have been using YPN but I have not even gotten any $5 clicks lol.

SEO Jeff, Feb 7, 2006 IP
  7. SkiRat44

SkiRat44 Peon

Best Answers:
    So what is the speculation now that Amazon is planning to come out with their beta version of contextual ads, even before MSN?

SkiRat44, Feb 7, 2006 IP
  8. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    Mine always trends down on revenue on saturday and sunday, but still way above that of Google. Rest of week has been great and getting better. If they fix their glitches it could be the best system so far.

Kevin

TheNetCode, Feb 7, 2006 IP
  9. hdpt00

hdpt00 Peon

Best Answers:
    Down to $x/3.3 (x = past YPN avg.)

This is getting really bad, almost ready to switch back to AdSense and take the abuse.

hdpt00, Feb 8, 2006 IP
    www.AmCy.org likes this.
  10. kschill

kschill Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Once I started reading this post I thought..hhhmm..maybe I should check my averages. Mine are actually up 3 cents when comparing days 7-14 to days 1-7 from the past 2 weeks. I think its probably my market I'm in too. Who knows??:confused:

Like NetCode, mine plummet on the weekends to about half the revenue, but I won't be switching anytime soon.

kschill, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  11. SamOwen

SamOwen Peon

Best Answers:
    My rev is actually going up.

SamOwen, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  12. LeeD

LeeD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Mine is as well, yesterday was a very good day.

LeeD, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  13. ahearn

ahearn Peon

Best Answers:
    The problem I've found is that YPN does not serve up consistently relevant ads -- fairly relevant one day, totally irrelevant the next. My CTR can swing wildly from day to day, with essentially the same number of ad impressions each day.

ahearn, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  14. nt99

nt99 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Is Amazon really coming out with a contextual -based advertising system?

I am LOVING this increased competition. Finally the publishers can benefit and avoid the monopoly that Adsense has.

nt99, Feb 9, 2006 IP
  15. SkiRat44

SkiRat44 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I got an email from Web Pro News about it. If I can find article on their site, I'll post the link.

SkiRat44, Feb 9, 2006 IP
  16. nt99

nt99 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks. :)

nt99, Feb 9, 2006 IP
  17. nt99

nt99 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just found it in my email as well. I usually skip over those emails :)

Copy and pasted below..if anything looks weird, that's because I didn't look it over before I hit Submit.

Amazon has started a beta test where it places contextual ads on third-party published sites, similar to those delivered by Yahoo or Google in their networks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Editor's Note: Can Amazon.com make gains in online advertising at Google's expense? Could Amazon convince you to join its network, keeping in mind that you would have to dump AdSense to do so? Contextualize your thoughts at WebProWorld.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone thought MSN would be the next major web power to deliver contextual ads and share revenue in a network of sites. How wrong we were. Amazon has joined the game well ahead of MSN's forthcoming breakup with Overture in favor of its adCenter service.

The news about Amazon's ad aspirations broke when Website Publisher founder Chris Beasley blogged about being chatted up by the massive online retailer to take part in their test:

They've been contacting select members of their associates programs, including myself, asking if we'd like to be beta testers. The way they want the beta test to work is to give you a special code for Amazon's Keywords Recommends banners (the banners that you feed a keyword to and they show related products) and have this special code then show these new ads 50% of the time.

When I first heard about this I thought it'd be Amazon product listings displayed in an Adsense-like way and I figured it'd analyze your content for for products to serve, but they'd be Amazon products. Turns out I was wrong, they want their own contextual advertising network.

Beasley turned down Amazon's proposal, because it would mean having to dispense with his existing Google AdSense ads, which he cited as being "just too profitable for me."

Introducing mailstation digital postage meter and scale. Try it free for 90 days

The story quickly made the rounds online, and Amazon officially confirmed the existence of the program with the ClickZ news site:

"We believe that by working with a third-party to provide Associates with links to relevant Web sites, in addition to products on Amazon, that we can help them make more money from their sites," Andrew Herdener, an Amazon spokesperson, told ClickZ in an e-mail exchange. "This will help us maintain long-term relationships with our Associates community that provides an important source of traffic to Amazon sites."

Beasley's example demonstrated the problem Amazon will encounter with established AdSense sites. However, with so many new blogs being added each day, Amazon could try promoting its contextual ad program to new bloggers instead of trying to get existing Associates to ditch AdSense

nt99, Feb 9, 2006 IP
  18. olang

olang Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO Jeff,
    what's YPN's aveage CPC?

olang, Mar 11, 2007 IP
  19. Louis11

Louis11 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Everything has been fairly steady for me, with a few slight variations in payouts. A few months back I experienced a slight decline, but as of now I can't say that I am experiencing anything.

Louis11, Mar 11, 2007 IP
  20. karagold

karagold Peon

Best Answers:
    wow, this must be a record. 397 day old thread.

karagold, Mar 11, 2007 IP