Is this normal or I'm banned?

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Klax, Feb 8, 2006.

This is a newbie question, sorry! I have this new website released last month. In about 2 weeks I submitted my website to a few directories, no more than 10. After some weeks, Google started to index my website (non-competitive keywords) and appears on some searches. Today I noticed that even if a search for the whole domain name on different dc's there are no results and my website does not appears. My question is if this is normal for a new website even when the website was appearing on Google, or I'm banned?

:confused:

Klax, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  2. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know if you're domain is banned or not (I'd need the domain to verify that), but that is pretty standard procedure for Google. You're in the sandbox and you'll have to wait 3-6 months (approx) to get out. :) Just wait and keep building backlinks and better content. To see if you're banned, do a search for your actual domain name, then your domain with the site operator (site:www.domain.com) and if you don't show up in these you're probably banned.

exam, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  3. jazzylee77

jazzylee77 Peon

Best Answers:
    this tool checks for ban.

IF you are thinking submitting to directories might have got you banned, don't worry about that. Unless you submitted to spam site directory, pop up heaven, and I steal money from old people.

I see that got covered..this tool checks both those methods I believe.

jazzylee77, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  4. Klax

Klax Active Member

Best Answers:
    I submitted to a few directories from DP's users. I checked the tool and it says that is probably banned or is a fresh site. I know that the site is new, but the weird thing is that the site was indexed a few days back.

Klax, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  5. PinoyIto

PinoyIto Notable Member

Best Answers:
    if you could share the url with us maybe we can help you to check if the site is banned or not

PinoyIto, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  6. ccarlow

ccarlow Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you are probably ok, I had a few sites that indexed last month then dropped and came back a couple weeks later. If you are in a major hurry and have a clean site you might consider submitting a google site map.

ccarlow, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  7. narsticle

narsticle Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldnt worry too much about it...a lot of weird things are going on with google right now.

narsticle, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  8. esiason14

esiason14 Peon

Best Answers:
    One of my newer sites was showing about 100 indexed pages and then completely disappeared from Google. I was worried too, but it reappeared after two days.

esiason14, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  9. Klax

Klax Active Member

Best Answers:
    I feel better know...:)

Klax, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  10. thewindmaster

thewindmaster The Man with the Plan

Best Answers:
    Google is currently testing an entirely new search algorithm dubbed Big Daddy. They are supposedly only running it on test servers right now (here is one of them 66.249.93.104) but they may be periodically testing certain components on their other servers.

narsticle is right, I have been seeing some strange things from google lately and I imagine this is why.

thewindmaster, Feb 8, 2006 IP