1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

About phpLD 3.0 Development

Discussion in 'Directories' started by dvduval, Feb 7, 2006.

Hello everyone,

I haven't been able to post here as much lately, because 3.0 has been an ioncredible success, and I'm trying my hardest to keep up with all of the new customers, support requests, and mod requests. It is because of you that I have been able to bring this software this far, and I am both humbled and thankful.

I wanted to at least let you know that your hard earned money is being spent to make the software even better, and in a few day you are about to see the next release of 3.0.

Here is a summary of what we have in the works or completed right now:
    1) Really Simple Captcha - Is really, really simple and readable. It works with built in fonts, as well as GD or True Type if available.
    2) Maintenance Section
    - Database Backup Feature: create a zip or sql file just like phpmyadmin. This file can be saved on the server, downloaded or emailed.
    - Query Feature: Allows you to do some simple queries to the database.
    3) Search Feature in Admin: Allows you to search for links and approve or delete (especially helpful when many links to approve)
    4) Detail Page: Works with or without mod rewrite. There is a sample in newstopica here: http://www.newstopica.com/testnewstopica/News_Area/
    See the More Info Links. It will be similar in phpLD.
    5) Category Cache: There will be a new table added to the database, that caches the full category tree for each category(ex. business > services > incorporation > by state). As soon as this is done it will clear the way for other important and requested features, such as being able to display categories in search results. Right now, we can do this, but not fast enough. That is why we need a cache.
    6) Mod Rewrite when there is pagination: ex. http://www.newstopica.com/testnewstopica/News_Area/page-3.html
    7) XHTML Compliant: Certainly there are many template available now, but by default we want to be fully validated.
    8 ) Fix for the numeric ID problem in links
    9) Yahoo Sitemaps integration

A majority of this will be ready in a couple of days.

Thanks for your support!

dvduval, Feb 7, 2006 IP
    EveryQuery likes this.
  2. fsmedia

fsmedia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    sweet! Can't wait until the new release. You've done some great work already.

fsmedia, Feb 7, 2006 IP
  3. EveryQuery

EveryQuery Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For those who have been thinking about upgrading to 3.0, go ahead and do it. I've recently upgraded unadir.com and am really pleased with everything so far. I plan on upgrading a couple more directories to 3.0 in the coming days. I really like the abilty to ban IPs and domains, and the new captcha is very readable and works like a charm. David is working hard on adding even more functions to 3.0, so don't hesitate to purchase. It will be money well spent. :)

EveryQuery, Feb 7, 2006 IP
  4. SiteExpress

SiteExpress Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Looking forward to it.

SiteExpress, Feb 7, 2006 IP
  5. mdvaldosta

mdvaldosta Peon

Best Answers:
    The directory scripts have been getting really good lately, with phplinkdirectory and site-sift listings taking the front it appears. phplinkdirectory still is easier to setup and use, but site-sift looks better from the default install.

mdvaldosta, Feb 7, 2006 IP
  6. larysmith711

larysmith711 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    WOW... thanks for the feedback! Site Sift Listings has come a long way in the three months it has been on the market. ;)

larysmith711, Feb 7, 2006 IP
  7. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the kind words of support. :)
    I really appreciate it.

One thing I forgot to mention is phpLD is now being translated into many different languages, and the number of templates available is steadily increasing. There are lots of cool designs now available.

dvduval, Feb 7, 2006 IP
  8. Scorpion

Scorpion Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i am using this script at one of my directory and want to upgrade to 3.0, do you offer any admin demo of version 3.0?

Scorpion, Feb 7, 2006 IP
  9. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sure, just PM me and I will grant you access to an admin with 3.0 installed.
    Thanks,
    David

dvduval, Feb 7, 2006 IP