1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

need suggestions

Discussion in 'SEO' started by Prof.stan, Jan 22, 2008.

I have uk based website that is a campaigning web site (www.abc.com) which aims to shape people’s understanding, attitude and behavior in relation to the environment and play a significant role in the fight against climate change.
    Keywords example "Environment Protection" but its very competitive keywords can you people suggest to me less competitive keyword which is to be easily achieved, than I will target high competitive keywords.

Prof.stan, Jan 22, 2008 IP
  2. tankard

tankard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Who says "Environment Protection" is a competitive keyphrase? Have you checked the keyword popularity? I mean, do you know how many people in UK search for "Environment Protection"? I can tell you it is less than 100 searches per month.
    You can also try:

global warming causes
    global warming effects
    causes of greenhouse effect
    climate change awareness studies
    living green

P.S. I don't see how abc.com is related to environment??? :confused:

tankard, Jan 22, 2008 IP
    Prof.stan likes this.
  3. enomsoft

enomsoft Peon

Best Answers:
    Extreme Climate
    Climate Effect
    chnage of CLimate

enomsoft, Jan 22, 2008 IP
    Prof.stan likes this.
  4. Prof.stan

Prof.stan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How can we check keyword popularity?

5. tankard

tankard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When Overture is working, you can visit http://inventory.overture.com/ but most of the time it is not working. You can also use a program called "Good Keywords" just google for it and you're gonna find it. But, mind you, Good Keywords feed from overture. This soft is good as it lets you specify USA, UK and German results.

When overture is dead, you can use a keyword suggestion tool at Submitexpress.com.

Maybe guys can suggest something better :D

tankard, Jan 22, 2008 IP
  6. Prof.stan

Best Answers:
    I knew the following tools I just want to know any other specific other approach to find out the keywords.

7. e10

e10 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    abc.com is an example. It just so happens to be the website of a us tv station too. :)

Looking at the environmental website in your sig, Prof. stan I'd say you have a wealth of keyword phrases right there. You are just not using them very well.

Right there on the homepage you have anchor links to internal pages all with content related to the protection of the environment. Unfortunately when you click through, you are not using these keyphrases in the titles of your pages. Take 'ethical living' as an example. Clicking through to that page you should see that phrase in the title of the page perhaps followed by environmental action or some such phrase.

Don't tie yourself down to the one mighty phrase (which I would think would be environmental protection rather than environment protection) but make use of all those lovely relevant content rich internals. Use those keyword phrases and link them every time to your overall site topic. Much wider net but still very much on target.

Ethical living - environmental protection, green politics - environmental protection, etc.

e10, Jan 22, 2008 IP
    Prof.stan likes this.
  8. Prof.stan

Best Answers:
    Very needful information thank you very much for your co-operation and support. Suggest me more keywords...

Prof.stan, Jan 23, 2008 IP
  9. e10

e10 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Look at it this way... suppose I have a website which has the overall theme of pets (which as it happens, I do ;) ). With 398,000,000 results for the basic word pets I don't have a bunny in a bonfire's chance of ever getting on the first page.

Even narrowing that down to one area of that huge theme, with 219,000,000 results for the term dogs ... forget it. But I can take specific topics related to dogs and break that down further. What do people want to know about dogs ... picking from the litter, choosing a puppy, I have a bad puppy ... these are phrases that people are searching for because they want answers to specific questions. Because the field has been narrowed so much, I have a much better chance of my site appearing at the top of the serps.

Now looking at your site again... if someone was concerned about disposing of waste, they are not going to search google for environmental protection, they are more likely to search for waste management or waste disposal or some similar term. The environmental protection theme is certainly the overall core but you have so much valuable information on that site which is each on its own specific page. Seo these pages for the topic it covers, not for the core theme. Does that make sense to you?

When you are building external links, by all means in some anchor text use the phrase environmental protection but also build back links specific to those internal pages.

e10, Jan 23, 2008 IP
  10. Prof.stan

Best Answers:
    Now my website is ranking with following keywords in Google

Environmental behavior Campaign UK
    Environmental behavior Campaign
    Environmental Education Research Campaign UK
    Environmental Education Research Campaign

Please suggest me these keywords will be effective or not..............

Prof.stan, Feb 5, 2008 IP