1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to improve this site ?

Discussion in 'Websites' started by poseidon, Feb 5, 2006.

Hi,

I have build this site on bluetooth applications and I want to add some more functionalty into it. http://applications-of-bluetooth-technology.com

What can I add which people will find interesting or make them to come again to my site ? :) What are the things which people are looking for in such niche?

I am going to add news section and a blog. What else ?

Thanks

poseidon, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  2. Skaidon

Skaidon Peon

Best Answers:
    The use of the peach colour on the white is a bit hard to read.
    The logo is a little blurry, could do with defining more.
    The grey-blue is again, hard to read.

Just my opinions :)

Skaidon, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  3. dataman

dataman Peon

Best Answers:
    You could fix browser issues, the site looks fine at 800X600 but anything bigger, everything get messed up. Also your google ads are giving some errors in both IE and Firefox, maybe that's google issue...

It kills Firefox 1.2, 1.4 just lists the error

Error...

Error: Unexpected end of file while searching for closing } of invalid rule set.
    Source File: http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/ads?client=ca-pub-8335440360627886&dt=1139177095906&lmt=1139177095&prev_fmts=120x90_0ads_al_s%2C468x60_as&format=120x600_as&output=html&url=http%3A%2F%2Fapplications-of-bluetooth-technology.com%2F&color_bg=FFFFFF&color_text=000000&color_link=0000FF&color_url=008000&color_border=FFFFFF&ad_type=text&cc=88&u_h=1024&u_w=1280&u_ah=996&u_aw=1280&u_cd=32&u_tz=-300&u_his=2&u_java=true&u_nplug=1&u_nmime=1
    Line: 2
    Code (markup):

Attached Files:

dataman, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  4. bschneider5

bschneider5 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with Skaidon. The color scheme needs some work, I would look into a color schemer application, you can find some good ones in the graphics area.

I might go with a darker color, maybe black for the text.

Also, underneath your bookmark button, the link ads look very out of place. I would put them somewhere else do do away with them altogether.

Note:
    If you want repeat visitors, then your site should appear to have fewer ads. However, if you are not worried about repeat visitors and want a higher CTR, make the ads noticable.

bschneider5, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  5. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys, I guess I need to work on the site from the scratch because there are lot's of flaws with it. :( I have used lot's of tables and in lower resolution, they are getting displaced. Site is not getting shown propely on Opera as well.

poseidon, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  6. Digilover

Digilover Guest

Best Answers:
    ya i think its fixed now i didnt get any error ib firefox

Digilover, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  7. homeofficeblues

homeofficeblues Peon

Best Answers:
    I find myself agreeing with the others. I think you need to improve:
    1. Color Scheme
    2. Logo
    3. Layout

You ask what we would like to see on this type of niche website, but I would turn that around and ask you, "Why do you want to write on this niche?".

Do you love BlueTooth? Do you have a lot of knowledge to offer? Do you want to evangelize the popularly unknown potential of the Personal Area Network?

Or do you think you can get a few ad clicks from some quickly passing souls?

It's not meant to be a negative question. If you know who you are targeting and what they want to see, it makes it easier to keep a site active and relevant and keep those visitors coming and coming back. (if you want them to come back.)

Good luck. :)

homeofficeblues, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  8. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    well I choose this subject because I am really good in technology. I am a computer enginnering student with a very good grasp on mobile technologies like symbian and java in terms of programming. I felt that by making a site on bluetooth I can myself learn some aspect of it as I am looking to work on bluetooth for some projects. It's a different matter that

I am just doing this on a experimental basis but I am nothing less serious than you people. It's just that I am learning all the things as far as SEO and adsense is concerned. :)

very important point.I am looking to completely revive my site and will keep this in mind.

poseidon, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  9. homeofficeblues

homeofficeblues Peon

Best Answers:
    I hope you are not accusing me of being serious. ;) I am new at this and learning just like you.

I wasn't trying to imply that there was anything wrong with your niche or your reasons for pursuing it. I think Bluetooth is very interesting. I just find that asking those questions really helps people focus on what they want to include or exclude from a website. Its a heckuva lot easier to keep a website active if you are interested in the topic. You don't have to be an expert to start it, you can become an expert as part of the process.

It sounds like you will do a great job. :)

homeofficeblues, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  10. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    naah, I wasn't accusing anyone :D

I also forgot to complete my sentence :p It's a different matter that ...
    Actually I will prefer to make a programming site but the problem with it is that I will never be able to compete with java and nokia forums. Though I will surely make a tutorial site on symbian :)

I am still trying to figure it out that why should anyone come to my site :) I am making it a reference site for people to know about various bluetooth applications.

poseidon, Feb 6, 2006 IP