1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Joel's Adsense Book Worth

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Digilover, Feb 6, 2006.

Hey ull must be knowing "joel's book"

it promises to increase the revenue 4 times

does it really work
    has any1 here any experience abt it
    And is it worth buying

Thanks And Do Reply

Digilover, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  2. ServerUnion

ServerUnion Peon

Best Answers:
    A quick search will provide you with some great discussion on this topic

ServerUnion, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  3. gordonfreeman

gordonfreeman Peon

Best Answers:
    You could just read the DP forums.. you'll have all the information you need to increase your revenue 4 times, and more

gordonfreeman, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  4. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It was very interesting. Couple of weeks ago I wrote to him to get his openion about my adsense placements. I got no news from him unfortunately.

My advice is just read through DP Adsense forum, you can find everything in one place.

maldives, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  5. Digilover

Digilover Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks Guys
    i wont buy it
    i will read this forum instead

Digilover, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  6. pcunix

pcunix Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes and no.

There is good advice in his books and newsletters, but nothing you won't find on-line for free. If it's helpful to you to have it all condensed into one place, then sure, this might be worth it to you.

On the other hand, Joel does offer promotion tips that some of us would find quite objectionable - I'm not saying illegal or against Google TOS at all, just the types of things associated more with splogs than real content sites. You are of course free to ignore things you'd feel uncomfortable about, so that's not a terribly negative point.

If you relied entirely on Joel's writings, you'd miss a lot of opinion and subtlety that you will find in forums like this, so I absolutely wouldn't suggest that you go buy his stuff and not bother reading on line.

If the expense is fairly minor to you, go ahead. If it isn't, don't. I bought it to see if he did have any "secrets" (he doesn't). As I write about this kind of thing myself, I've bought quite a few similar things, including one-on-one conversations. I honestly don't remember if Joel was one of the ones I talked to (see http://aplawrence.com/Unixart/searchenginefirms.html ), but if I did, he definitely wasn't one of the totally clueless ones.

pcunix, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  7. ligel

ligel Guest

Best Answers:
    All those infos you can find here, on DP forums! I personally wouldn't buy that ebook! Ebooks suck!!! :)

ligel, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  8. fgs

fgs Peon

Best Answers:
    Unless your time is worth more than $99 an hour (the time it will take you to find all the same tips on this site) I wouldnt bother buying the book. Plus after you buy it you will be spammed to death with the "members only" promotions like "FREE 3rd EDITION OF ADSENSE SECRETS" and then once you go to retreive your wonder bonus you realize that you have to sign up for a $500 phone conference or something else like that.

fgs, Feb 6, 2006 IP