1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where can I find a control panel tutorial?

Discussion in 'PHP' started by medaa25, Jan 20, 2008.

I am looking to design a control panel to help me udpate my website more efficiently, accross the board. I am in the event organisation business so this control panel would help me list events in a few clicks.

I would like to learn how to create a control panel in PHP and i am looking for some kind of online tutorial. Can you forward me to one?

How long do you think it will take to build one?
    Can you recommend a good, cheap alternative?

Thank you for your input.

I'll rep the most helpful answerer :D

medaa25, Jan 20, 2008 IP
  2. xxKillswitch

xxKillswitch Peon

Best Answers:
    You could check out pixel2life.com under PHP Coding, and check the news scripts. While its not exactly what you want, it can help give you the general idea and help you learn.

If you are looking to purchase something cheap, I may be able to code something for you. Feel free to PM me.

xxKillswitch, Jan 20, 2008 IP
    medaa25 likes this.
  3. medaa25

medaa25 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've just checked the website, it looks very interesting and I will definitely learn a lot from there. Rep given.

Can you build a control panel even if the website wasn't coded with a control panel in mind in the first place? I thought php coding needed a lot of planning...

How much do you charge to build a control panel and how versatile can you make it? There is so much details that I a worried I need to do it myself or emply a developper who I can brief face to face...

medaa25, Jan 21, 2008 IP
  4. Dr. XYZ

Dr. XYZ Guest

Best Answers:
    If you have a server you can get free control panels like webmin and zpanel, google them.

If you simply want a control panel to manage your site you can find some scripts already made at www.sourceforge.net, search for "file manager" and "control panel"

You can play with those scripts to learn a bit, and of course xxKillswitch might code something for you specifically while you learn :)

·​

Dr. XYZ, Jan 21, 2008 IP
    medaa25 likes this.
  5. medaa25

medaa25 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Cool dude.

I am gonna check those out right away.

How long do you think it will take an average person to learn PHP online?

Rep given btw!

medaa25, Jan 21, 2008 IP
  6. Dr. XYZ

Dr. XYZ Guest

Best Answers:
    It's up to you, if you are really wanting to learn you will feel every little step truly passionate and in two or three weeks you will begin to understand how to modify already made simple scripts.

Over time you will be able to code your own in no time at all.

·​

Dr. XYZ, Jan 21, 2008 IP
  7. xxKillswitch

xxKillswitch Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been leisurely learning PHP for several months, almost a year now and work really well with it. It depends on how well you learn and depending on what other languages you know, other progamming languages.

If you want to learn the basics, a great place to start and read from is tizag.com. They have a good introductory tutorial to many of the basics. Setup a demo account on a server somewhere and learn by reading and doing yourself. Once you get the hang of it, it will come natural to you.

xxKillswitch, Jan 21, 2008 IP