1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Regarding Ebook Selling

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by zacdavis, Jan 20, 2008.

I'm in the process of writing my first Ebook, and have some questions as to how people go about selling these. Basically, I want to be able to post the link on my blog, so that people pay via paypal, and then when the payment goes through, the download link is auto-sent to the person's Email. Are there any services like that?

zacdavis, Jan 20, 2008 IP
  2. Soccerplayur012

Soccerplayur012 Peon

Best Answers:
    Please PM me, I'll be able to help you out :]

Soccerplayur012, Jan 20, 2008 IP
    zacdavis likes this.
  3. zacdavis

zacdavis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Alright, then...

4. RILEY31

RILEY31 Peon

Best Answers:
    check out lulu.com

RILEY31, Jan 20, 2008 IP
  5. zacdavis

Best Answers:
    The website sounds cool, but there isn't too much info on how the distribute eBooks. Do you have to do it via the CDs or DVDs they show? Or can you do it via download as well?

6. Jacob Kettner

Jacob Kettner Active Member

Best Answers:
    Create a webpage with no links to it that is an extension of the website you are selling the book from. Put a download link on this page for the pdf file and have paypal redirect successfull buyers to that page. Thats how most paypal ebook sales work. Otherwise you could use clickbank but you'll have to pay to sign up.

Jacob Kettner, Jan 20, 2008 IP
  7. zacdavis

Best Answers:
    Yeah, that's what Soccerplayur012 told me to do. I was hoping that there was a more secure way.

8. lifegauge

lifegauge Banned

Best Answers:
    If you want to sell e-books or other downloadable files then you are limited in your options of delivery. If you are selling e-books and other downloadable content on a website of your own, then you either need to know some advanced website building techniques that will enable you to store the file and have it become available for customer download once someone purchases it, or you need to have a third party vendor application that will simplify this process for you.

If you are selling digital items on eBay and are delivering them by way of digital delivery, you either have to email the item to the winning bidder or use a third party application for this as well. The two main places to go to for digital content management are ClickBank and E-junkie. While both are in the business of digital delivery of downloadable files, each offers up something distinctly different for the content owner.

If you sell strictly on eBay, then you will most likely find E-junkie to be the best option for you. I both sell e-books on eBay and on a website of my own and have found that E-junkie meets my needs better than ClickBank. E-junkie offers tiered pricing plans, with a one week trial period being offered for free for new customers. With E-junkie, once you sign up for an account you are given the option to add products to your virtual catalog. If you are selling on eBay and plan on using E-junkie to handle fulfillment, then you just put the exact name as it appears in the auction title as your product name, put the minimum price it would sell for on eBay and specify how many downloads you want the person to get and when you want the download to expire for them. You are also given the option to offer customized email messages and download page messages. Then, once you have created the product you must go to your eBay auction and select that the item is a digital delivery item. Once you do that, eBay will ask for a download link if you have it, and you will simply enter https://www.e-junkie.com/ecom/eb.php for all of your auctions. Note that you must use PayPal for payment for this to work properly. Once your winning bidder pays by PayPal, the link above will customize itself for the customer, allowing them to access a page to download your product. It is a very simple process that keeps you from having to constantly check your email and send out e-books or other digital items you are selling on eBay.

E-junkie also interfaces with Google Checkout, Authorize.net, 2Checkout, ClickBank, MySpace and Yahoo stores. E-junkie does not handle accepting payments for you, just the delivery of the digital items. This means that as a website owner, you can put a PayPal or Google Checkout supported shopping cart on your webpage to accept payment and let E-junkie provide the delivery of the items.

There is no bandwidth cost, no per transaction fee or any other hidden fee for E-Junkie.

The service that ClickBank offers is a bit different. They do not interface with eBay like E-junkie. What ClickBank offers is an online marketplace for you to sell your e-books and other digital products. ClickBank will put your product in their online catalog and will take payment for you. In return, you must have somewhere to host the product, and offer both a pitch page and a thank you page. ClickBank does not charge a monthly fee; however they do charge a one-time $49.95 account activation fee as well as commission on each transaction. ClickBank charges a flat $1.00 for each product sold, as well as taking 7.5% commission on the sale price. There is also a $2.50 fee for each check that they send you. ClickBank does limit the number of items you can sell at 500 per account.

As you can see, both E-junkie and ClickBank offer similar services. If you already have a payment processing option then it is easy to see how E-junkie would be the better option for you. And if you are not concerned about delivery but want payment processing, ClIckBank offers up a better product for you.

[​IMG]

p.s. I do not work for E-Junkie, but I do sell with them and I am also an E-Jukie affiliate because they are indeed a great service provider to help me with my online business

p.p.s. The button above brings you to E-Junkie through an affiliate link, which means I get a commission for every sale. In return for sharing this information with you I thank you for clicking that button. Alternatively, you may visit E-Junkie directly via www.e-junkie.cm without my affiliate link.

lifegauge, Jan 20, 2008 IP
  9. waynelyp90

waynelyp90 Banned

Best Answers:
    DLGuard is the best tool for this if you are seeking for a long term success in selling your ebooks. It also helps you to manage every payment e-mails made via PayPal and it will also allow credit card payment to your readers.

For the link, just Google it, it is a popular software.

waynelyp90, Jan 21, 2008 IP