1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Who clicks Google Ads???

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by Indian, Feb 5, 2006.

1. BuildHome

BuildHome Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Same here..:rolleyes:

BuildHome, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  2. ActiveFarming

ActiveFarming Active Member

Best Answers:
    I click on ads when I'm searching for a specif item and the ad is relevent to what I'm looking for. My reasoning is that if they are paying for clicks than they must have good content and maybe they will have what I'm looking for.

It may not be morally correct but, I also click on ads of websites that I received something useful from. Almost in a way of showing my appreciation for getting what I was looking for or found useful. I try to select ads that I am somewhat interested in.

Michael

ActiveFarming, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  3. pwaring

pwaring Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I ignore the vast majority of ads by default, but if one stands out as being particularly interesting or related to something I'm working on then I'll usually check it out. Being a webmaster and a regular visitor to many sites means I probably filter out ads more than your average surfer but it doesn't mean that I ignore them completely and refuse to click on them no matter what.

pwaring, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  4. hpotamus

hpotamus Peon

Best Answers:
    I click on relevant ads, especially in Google search results. Search result ads are usually worth a click. Content ads relevancy is usually lower depending on the site and ads availability.

hpotamus, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  5. Andy-V

Andy-V Active Member

Best Answers:
    I hardly ever click on ads. Only the sponsered results on googles search and sometimes if I didn't find something on that site that an advert claims to have I click on it.

Andy-V, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  6. Jarodboy

Jarodboy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Lots of people clicks ads, or else the Adsense sub-forum wouldn't be so active! :D

Jarodboy, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  7. stumpyPete

stumpyPete Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm Google's worst nightmare - If I see an interesting ad, I highlight the URL of the ad and paste into the location bar manually ... there's something about cutting Google out of the revenue loop I just can't resist ;)

If only I could organize a covert boycott of Google's ad all over the web for just a single quarter - we drive down their stock price, grab our shares and then lift our staged ad ban - anybody in?

Signup at: www.dr-evils-sinister-google-boycott.com

I'm must go practice my evil laugh now...

stumpyPete, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  8. janjalani

janjalani Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sometimes I click the ads here on DP

janjalani, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  9. bschneider5

bschneider5 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can't speak for all webmasters, but I am in the habit of spotting ads and avoiding them(not click them).

bschneider5, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  10. mopotofu

mopotofu Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting question, wondered the same thing...I personally rarely click on ANY ads (not just Google Adsense ads), unless I'm really intrigued or interested. I think it more likely that people who arent aware that some money will go to me will click on the Google ads on my blogs.

mopotofu, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  11. AdsenseOptimized

AdsenseOptimized Peon

Best Answers:
    i click on ads if they interest me because I think we should treat them like everyone else. If everyone who knows they ar epaid ads per click doesn't click anymore eventuallyy the PPC industry will slow down as more and more people learn about Adsense etc. There is no shame in clicking an ad if it interests you. That's what they're there for.

AdsenseOptimized, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  12. fmgomes

fmgomes Peon

Best Answers:
    I think we should add to this discussion that the majority of web users are not webmasters and it’s quite understandable that webmasters browse in a different way. Like, for example, a director of photography that sees a film with “different eyes”, noticing aspects related to his/her job the average people don’t care / notice. Or a guy in the advertising industry that looks at commercials in a completely different way than consumers.

So, while it can be interesting having this discussion here, we should not take what we do with the ads we see as the general behaviour of web surfers.

fmgomes, Feb 5, 2006 IP
    Jarodboy likes this.
  13. Imran

Imran Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You probably a bunch few, which really does not matter to google or its adsense program, there are millions of users and 1000's of sites running adsense.

Imran, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  14. emil2k

emil2k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah this is true, my dad also clicks, he is not new to internet and he probably knows a little about AdSense since I tell him but he does click I think he doesnt have that adsense apprehension that most webmasters have...

As for me I can never bring myself to click an AdSense ad I actual dont even like to hover or right click over them :( Its a sad paranoia (spelling?)

I think there is a lot of truth to this if you want to make money through adsense targeting noobs is the way to go...

But I remember one time i clicked on an ad because I thought the writer deserved it since he had such great content...i think it is a psychological term called effort justification - see I was trying to support my own belief and work by supporting the idea that great content leads to $...:rolleyes:

emil2k, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  15. Izo

Izo Peon

Best Answers:
    I click on ads if they interest me...

Izo, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  16. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    considering that >99% of Google's revenue comes from Adwords. :)

devin, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  17. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, some people must do.Acoording to NYT, they earn more than $10,000 a month from adsense. That is a gret sum for a forum.

qwestcommunications, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  18. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    We,, the good thing is 90% of surfers are noobs.

qwestcommunications, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  19. emil2k

emil2k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I bet most of that is from CPM, the CTR on DP must be horrific...

emil2k, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  20. JL_99

JL_99 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll click on adds if I am doing a search and something relevant appears on the page that I'm browsing. And because the content on a couple of my own sites is something that is interesting to me I'll often copy the URL's of my own adds and type them into a new browser.

JL_99, Feb 5, 2006 IP