1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

(newbie) My first affiliate site, any advice please?

Discussion in 'Websites' started by wallaceuk, Feb 4, 2006.

I'm just building my first affiliate site and I'm amazed how much knowledge is on this forum! My site is based on information, guides and reviews of UK consumer electronics such as LCD TV, Plasma screens, computer monitors and so on and I could really do with some advice.

I'm really struggling with choosing what affiliate programs to use and also where i can get some content or even some rss feeds to bolster the content?? (at the moment its just information on products)

At the moment though the site isnt live I've got google adsense on it so if you all have some words of wisdom, advice, recomendations I would really appreciate it.

wallaceuk, Feb 4, 2006 IP
  2. Moncal

Moncal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Chitika could work very well for you. If you're not familiar with Chitika, then they are interactive ads that show the lowest price for the product of your choice. You could easily have a square ad and then the text wrapped around it like a normal product page. Try getting an RSS feed from Cnet they have really good product reviews.

My username is Moncal if you sign up with chitika :)

Moncal, Feb 4, 2006 IP
  3. Polar

Polar Peon

Best Answers:
    If you target mostly the UK traffic, I would recommend you find an affiliate program in the UK, so the shipping costs for the clients will be lower. ;)

Polar, Feb 4, 2006 IP
  4. wallaceuk

wallaceuk Peon

Best Answers:
    is chitika more US based? what about tradedoubler, isnt that uk targeted? is there a better uk based program available?

wallaceuk, Feb 5, 2006 IP