1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need your comment guys

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by boohlick, Feb 4, 2006.

Ive been hearing about this so called press release to gain more traffic.
    Well im just a newbie in kind of things thats why i want to know more about it :)
    Ive heard that with press release do really increase traffic and sales.. is this true?

Thanks

boohlick, Feb 4, 2006 IP
  2. Polar

Polar Peon

Best Answers:
    Press releases are good if you have a new that has a good chance to get picked up by other sites.

If not, you should just publish articles to various article directories, it can have a great impact as well.

Polar, Feb 4, 2006 IP
    ViciousSummer likes this.
  3. aboyd

aboyd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Polar is right. Articles are much better, until you have very news-worthy material. If your press release would fit in nicely on the local TV's evening news, then go for a press release. Otherwise, they don't seem to drive a ton of traffic.

Of course, back when I started one of my sites, I used a press release ($80 PRWeb option) to launch my site. And traffic did double, but since the site had low traffic at the start, the doubling wasn't very impressive. With the traffic I have now, I doubt a PRWeb release would cause any noticable spike at all.

-Tony

aboyd, Feb 4, 2006 IP
    ViciousSummer likes this.
  4. boohlick

boohlick Banned

Best Answers:
    ahh ok..:) so do you mean that it really depends on how you create your press releases...If I had to make one.. it shoul worhty for some TV news..
    BTW do you know any sites where i can submit my press releases for free:)

Thanks
    :):)

boohlick, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  5. angelos

angelos Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Well, firstly, I wouldn't underrate the significance of press releases. As you've launched your site you surely have to inform the world that you do exist. Secondly, while existing I think you'll always have what to say to your potential visitors (that, of course, greatly depends on what your site to be about). Concerning press release submission service for free, I don't know, I've never used one 'cause I think that's not the case to economise.

Good luck,

Constance

angelos, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  6. Brad Callen

Brad Callen Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes press releases can be a very good way to initially get notice to your site. But it would be best used only when you have something that would be different for your market.

Thus way you can get better results, and if you get picked up by the blogging community, well then its like a wild fire of publicity.

Brad

Brad Callen, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  7. aboyd

aboyd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Constance, Brad,

From your posts it seems that press releases have performed well for you. Since that runs counter to my experience, I'd love to hear what they did for you, and how you did it. In particular, what kind of traffic boost did you see, and was it a spike or sustained? Also, did your press releases get picked up by publications or news outlets? Lastly, would you provide a link to what you consider your most successful release? I'd love to learn from someone who does this better than I do.

-Tony

aboyd, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  8. boohlick

boohlick Banned

Best Answers:
    hey Brad Callen, are you spending big bucks in your press release? I mean like in PRWeb.Can i have good result without spending anything?
    ive found some good sites where i can submit my press release for free do you think guys in can surely help me in a way?

boohlick, Feb 6, 2006 IP