1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

omg, other people are linking to my blog.

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by killer2021, Jan 19, 2008.

This is so awesome. I just realized that I posted something on my blog and I used a back link checker to see what links I was getting. Well, I realized that one post has 635 links pointing back to it (mostly from other blogs and forums)! I've never posted anything like that and gotten so much success. Here is basically what I did.

First, I used google trends to find out some highly searched terms on google. I found one interesting term so I did some research on it. I paraphrased some content from wikipedia about the topic onto my blog. Then I found about 5 youtube videos on the subject and posted them. I then submitted the article to digg.com and placed a link on the wikipedia page (it is still there btw).

I went from getting 25-50 visitors a day to my blog to getting about 1,000-2,000 per day over night!!!! On google I am ranking about 15 out of 6.35million and the term was about number 20th most searched terms on google a couple days ago.

killer2021, Jan 19, 2008 IP
  2. DRay9911

DRay9911 Peon

Best Answers:
    congrats. if you don't mind sharing, what did you post on your blog?

-dan

DRay9911, Jan 19, 2008 IP
  3. odysseus

odysseus Peon

Best Answers:
    Great idea. I will try this out.

odysseus, Jan 19, 2008 IP
  4. trapp20

trapp20 Peon

Best Answers:
    very nice tactic, congratulations on the traffic.

trapp20, Jan 19, 2008 IP