1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Verfying My Paypal :)

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by jcrewhond8285, Jan 18, 2008.

So I have a paypal accunt with 1300 in it, well i used up my 500 limit every month so now im getting scared to keep money in there because paypal is huge scam and there thiefs, So now i need to add a credit card or social security number for this account to raise the limit. so I guess my qs is do they really look at the social security number to identifythe person ? See my old account got shit down thanks to stupid ebay :)So i guess my qs is did paypal always ask for social security numbers ? I dont think i ever put one in before. It would just be great if people started using something else then stupid paypal :)

www.paypalsucks.com ( great site )

jcrewhond8285, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  2. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Paypal was never a scam nor a thief. Just add in the Correct Social Security Number or your own Credit Card information and you will be 100% secure. If they limit your account, you can easily produce your documents and have it reinstated.

Any reason why Ebay shut down your account? Ebay isn't stupid and they do not shut down accounts because they are stupid, they shut down because they have reasonable suspicion on an account which you can explain and provide the correct information to have it reinstated.

Why are you worried that they will use the social security number to identify the person which will be you definitely.

wisdomtool, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  3. jcrewhond8285

jcrewhond8285 Active Member

Best Answers:
    No there both huge scams, I have heard so many whore stories with paypal and ebay its sick , im talking holding 30k in a paypal account for 6 months, come on now there is no reason you should have to hold someones money for 6 months, thats bullshit, they did it to me also on a whole 800.00 !! All there doing is collecting interest with everyones money and there high as fees and ebay sucks big time, if you put up an auction and use the words google check out they shut down your auction!, Thats a freaking joke and I would def have to say your the only person on this forum who doesnt think there thiefs and scam! They also shut down anyone using your ip address if one person from that same ip or household has been shut down, they shut and suspend everyone one down! there a joke and it sucks we have to use there ghetto scam over prices services!!

Just check out www.paypalsucks.com and or www.ebaysucks.com

4. wisdomtool

Best Answers:
    Definitely they will open a case and ask you to submit the necessary information, they won't hold your money without an excuse. Just follow what they want fax or send to them I do not see any problems.

5. jcrewhond8285

Best Answers:
    well can you tell me its right to hold someones money for 6 months ? and why is it fair they closed my gfs dads account and her account because i once logged in at there house ? Exactly :)

6. jcrewhond8285

Best Answers:
    paypal and ebay loosing business everyday and i love it :)

7. Dan Burtan

Dan Burtan Guest

Best Answers:
    Paypal needs social security numbers to identify US citizens for tax reasons. Paypal pays taxes too you know. Even Google AdSense now requires social security numbers.

Dan Burtan, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  8. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    LOL, I think you mean horror stories, not whore stories.

p.s. I wonder who is the scammer, ebay/paypal or you? Hmm, that is a tough one.

browntwn, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  9. wisdomtool

Best Answers:
    It depends on the situation, I don't think the 6 months is a fault of Paypal, they wont have given you a list of what to do to have your paypal limits removed after 6 months am I right? These information request would have been made known to you immediately upon account limitations. As to why it took 6 months, I guess you are the best person to answer.

Your gf dads and her account was closed definitely for a reason, paypal does not close an account without giving you a reason first, you can definitely appeal if it is unreasonable, mind telling us the reason?

10. Dan Burtan

Dan Burtan Guest

Best Answers:
    No, its an easy one. Him :D

11. wisdomtool

Best Answers:
    I would rather give him the benefit of the doubt and have him explained why after 6 months he cant produce his social security number to paypal?

12. me4you

me4you Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    my life is on them < < - Paypal | Internet - > >

thanks

me4you, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  13. eddie43302

eddie43302 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes something is wrong if you cant supply a valid ss number or are you a foreigner that aint suppose to have that type of account? Or in your first post you posted a link to a website is this whole thread just to push that website you posted if so cut out the spam already. And in this post here http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=595053 you were spamming that link.

eddie43302, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  14. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    There is a reason why they hold your money for 6 months and the reason is not about earning interests. How much interests can you get with just $800 anyways ?

The reason is that right before they limited your account, they found something suspicious about your dealings or information and you were unable to provide sufficient proof to clear your name. Once that happens, they hold the money so that if your customers raise a dispute or a chargeback because they have been wronged, there is some money to draw from. If you withdraw your funds and if your customer raise a chargeback, I am sure you would not compensate Paypal for the lost.

As for the 6 months timing, the reason would be that most bank's offers up to 180 days from the date of purchase for their customer to raise a chargeback. Once the window is closed, they would not be entitled to do so and thereby allowing you to withdraw the money.

I don't see anything wrong with that.

eddy2099, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  15. Dan Burtan

Dan Burtan Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes, it is in best interest for both parties.

16. Nora

Nora Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They're not thieves.. just give them what they ask for. :)
    Ebay also doesn't close accounts without reason.. I wonder what you did that caused this :S

Nora, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  17. prinzcy

prinzcy Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you don't like it, just don't use it.

prinzcy, Jan 18, 2008 IP
    Nora likes this.
  18. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Just one line to say about paypal.

If you give them your correct info and use it as per their terms no need to worry about anything.

DON.

deluxdon, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  19. buileminh

buileminh Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, I think we can do it for you. Please PM me for more information!

buileminh, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  20. jcrewhond8285

Best Answers:
    dan burton : im not a scam im just a person whos been screwed by paypal and ebay and im not the first, there is millions.!!! Go google ebay or paypal scam or law suit

jcrewhond8285, Feb 2, 2008 IP