1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

YSM sending me clicks from far-away lands

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by tekgnos, Dec 1, 2006.

I use Google Analyitics to track all my pages and sometimes I get clicks coming in from places like Asia, eastern europe, africa, etc, even though I am paying for US only clicks.

Funnily enough my Azoogle CPA code automatically recognizes the IP as international and flashes an international ad. Sometimes it still converts, but the payout sucks.

Is there anyone else out there getting bogus clicks from YSM? What can you do about it? Any chance at a refund?

Travis

tekgnos, Dec 1, 2006 IP
  2. transburgh

transburgh Peon

Best Answers:
    Google Analytics can't track Yahoo PPC. It can track Yahoo organic but the only PPC it can track is Google's.

transburgh, Dec 1, 2006 IP
  3. tekgnos

tekgnos Peon

Best Answers:
    Not true. Use the Google Analyitics URL Builder tool:

http://www.google.com/support/analytics/bin/answer.py?answer=27255

That will create a PHP link with the information that Analytics needs for the PPC campaign. You then use that link with each campaign for seperate tracking in Google Analytics.

The questions still stands- why am I getting clikcs from Africa with a US Yahoo PPC campaign?

tekgnos, Dec 4, 2006 IP
  4. aff_newbie

aff_newbie Peon

Best Answers:
    good question. i have the same question...and yahoo kind of answered it for me. they told me that if someone from overseas decides to click on an ad that is on yahoo.com instead of yahoo.co.fr (or whatever country they're in) then it will still count as click for us...

aff_newbie, Dec 28, 2006 IP
  5. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    I track my own traffic and I do see some traffic coming from outside the US. Not sure how it is happening, and I have not had a chance to pursue it because the volume is relatively low.

aeiouy, Jan 2, 2007 IP
  6. WayneSh21

WayneSh21 Member

Best Answers:
    This is a joke. I am getting tons of international traffic from Yahoo despite only US & Canada enabled. These are costing me money and causing my campaign to run without much profit. Has anyone spoken to yahoo and got a refund or anything, It is rediculious to pay for traffic that even if you convert you can't make a penny on due to them being overseas, why should we have to pay for those clicks?

WayneSh21, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  7. Waffleguy

Waffleguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    about 1% of my YSM traffic seems to come from the UK and Australia... This doensn't happen if I specify a certain location within the US though.

I'm thinking it might be people using proxies that show the asian IP's?

Waffleguy, Jan 23, 2008 IP