1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

promoting an ebook

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by shoeshine, Jan 17, 2008.

I have spend several hours building a packed jam ebook with information related to my business. The aim of this ebook is to:

1. Give relevant information about a topic with different view from experts + my personal view about the topic
    2. Give a professional image of the company hence branding by sponsoring the ebook
    3. Give the ebook for free even though the quality of the content I wrote by far exceeds the quality of paid ebooks about the same subject.
    4. Use it as a link bait.

That was just to put you in context.... My question is what are the most common ways how to promote an ebook?

1. Submitting to ebook directories. Is it worth it. Any tools that can do that easier for me? I mean I have already spent a lot of time in writing good content. I wish to submit it in every possible ebook directory online :p

2. I am going to contact other fellow bloggers I work with and get them mentioning it. (This is ok) :)

3. What else do you do? Any tips please?

Thank you very much...

shoeshine, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  2. MTbiker

MTbiker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely get bloggers talking about it.

Another popular ebook marketing method is tried-and-true PPC with Adwords, Adcenter, etc.

MTbiker, Jan 17, 2008 IP
    shoeshine likes this.
  3. zacdavis

zacdavis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Depending on what topic your eBook is on it could review it on my blog.

zacdavis, Jan 17, 2008 IP
    shoeshine likes this.
  4. geegel

geegel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If it's free, you might also consider spreading it through P2P, BitTorrent to be more exact.

I have a bit of experience in the field as I tried a similar approach for the booklet in my sig. I gathered about 1000 downloads in 10 days by using only one site. If you would submit it to several such websites, you could probably increase the number of downloads substantially. Also, this method tends to attract residual traffic. I didn't do anything besides submitting, but the number of downloads keeps on increasing.

Hope this helps.

Best regards, George

geegel, Jan 17, 2008 IP
    shoeshine likes this.
  5. shoeshine

shoeshine Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey guys. That's very helpful :) Thank you.

MTbiker: I know that PPC is a good way how to people to see the ebook and download but I prefer getting some PR for free right now since as I told you.. I have already spent quite a lot of resources in building the ebook.

zacdavis: The ebook is about procrastination explaining from a to z what procrastination is, we procrastinate and several ways how to eliminate it.

geegel:I really liked the BitTorrent idea. Telling you the truth it didn't pass from my mind :D Could you give me the details of the website or a website where I can find a list of ebook directories. Possibly it should be something automated where I fill in details once and I get it submitted to several sites. However I am willing to invest time in sites that from your experience tend to get you a lot of download. If you are willing to share them with me I will be very grateful.

BTW guys I have added reputation to all of you for being very helpful :)

6. zacdavis

Best Answers:
    Procrastination would fit well into my education blog, it has recently gone down (stupid web hosting). But, I am willing to review you Ebook, and link to it etc. on my blog once it gets back up. It is the 1st link in my sig, so you can view it once I can get a hold of my web host, which will hopefully be soon.

7. shoeshine

shoeshine Peon

Best Answers:
    great I have another blogger willing to promote the ebook. Thank zacdavis... I will keep you in mind :D

Just a small question guys: do you know of a place where blogger meet where I can just say "listen guys I have this ebook... if anyone is interested in reviewing it just download it for free". I mean I am looking for a place where it will be one (me) to many bloggers not a one to one (via email) since most bloggers will simply ignore your email and think it is stupid junk.

any suggestions?

8. zacdavis

Best Answers:
    bloggertoblogger.com is a forum owned by a DP member here. bloggerforum.com is another one.

9. shoeshine

shoeshine Peon

Best Answers:
    I have checked the forums that you have suggest zacdavis the thing is like other forums that I have found there are no sections where you can submit content for bloggers to check out and if they are interested they will blog about it. Doing so will be considered as spam ....

thanks though for your suggestions... I am still looking for forums where there are bloggers looking for content to speak about

10. geegel

geegel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I used Mininova's content distribution service. You need to apply first and they handle these requests manually (it usually takes about a week to either approve or reject it). The good part is the fact that they take care of seeding your content. With traditional BT sites, you would have to host the content on your own (seeding) and obviously you would need to keep a permanent online presence. The bulk of BT traffic revolves on about 10 major websites, so although the registration to each must be manual, there isn't really that much effort needed

If you wish to skip the registration part on Mininova, you can very well use my account, drop me a PM if you're interested.

Regards, George

geegel, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  11. shoeshine

shoeshine Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey geegel :) Thanks for all the information....
    I am going to PM you :)

Guys any more comments and help will be appreciated:D

shoeshine, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  12. himanuzo

himanuzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Submit your site to hundreds of social bookmarking sites for instant traffic in short term. And you get sales of your ebook.

himanuzo, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  13. shoeshine

shoeshine Peon

Best Answers:
    I will submit it to stumble and digg.

Btw himanuzo... It will be free :D

14. dynashox

dynashox Premium Member Staff

Best Answers:
    Joint Venture is the fastest way to make the ebook spread. Another one is article marketing...... submit at least 5 articles a day to famous article directory like EzineArticles. You will see the result in an instance. :)

dynashox, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  15. shoeshine

shoeshine Peon

Best Answers:
    hey dynashox thanks for your comment.

Any experience with JV and where I can find people who are willing to market the ebook?

16. dynashox

dynashox Premium Member Staff

Best Answers:
    It is depend on what niche you on. Maybe you have subscribe to someone else list or visit blog that related to your niche before. Ask them if they can promote your products.

dynashox, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  17. Raithe

Raithe Well-Known Member

Best Answers: