1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Crazy_Rob gone crazy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by RichUser, Jan 17, 2008.

1. allout

allout Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Are you saying that selling signature links slots are also not allowed now? :confused:

They have been going on since before I got here. Maybe you need to clear that one up so we don't all end up with infractions including some mods. Lord knows it is hard to even start a thread now without an infraction, you need to clarify that one.

allout, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  2. threebuckchuck

threebuckchuck Peon

Best Answers:
    I actually used to love reading those "I got scammed" threads just laughing out loud at just how naive people could be but better to have them gone I guess . . . ;)

threebuckchuck, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  3. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No it wont affect anything other than getting rid of such unnecessary things. It doesnt matter if anythig has happened in the last 3 years in your opinion. The forum(temple) needs a good sweep and casting out of wrong doings :rolleyes:

Trust me DP is a very large webmaster forum. People will still flock here regardless of such administrative decisions.

I go there for a laugh after reading up in the P&R section. Gotta love those who make a dup account as well, to try and sway mods to let their original account to be unbanned because they did nothing wrong.

lpstong, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  4. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    Just because something hasn't been done before doesn't mean it won't be. The team is discussing A LOT of changes, just keep that in mind when thinking about things like buying/selling signatures.

GuyFromChicago, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  5. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    i hope those changes include some forum creations/changes. stumbles/diggs banning would be a good start. next would be diversifying the directories forum....the list goes on

mikey1090, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  6. lifesux

lifesux Peon

Best Answers:
    I think they will do over PM's or so (illegaly) :D

lifesux, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  7. Jarodboy

Jarodboy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah i agree, sig, avatar bla bla is ok. It don't do any harm to the forums, the cleaning should go to the real important thing.

We kind of own our sigs i guess...the forum is not our, but if there were no users, there were no forum as well.
    Good point though dude. :)

They have to start somewhere and i think VCC and Exchange are a pretty nice way to start it. For sure that only those 2 things will make this forum much more quieter and scammer free, i bet!!

Ahahahahha LOLOL, you're mean! :p

Jarodboy, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  8. GuyFromChicago

Best Answers:
    No I'm not. If I was saying it wasn't allowed I would have said it's not allowed:)

If we made a new rule we wouldn't go back and infract people for things they did before the rule was in place. As far as having a hard time starting a new thread without getting an infraction...not quite sure what to tell you there. Thousands of infraction free threads are started every day...

Anything being discussed in the forums in terms of rule changes at this point is just discussion. If a rule changes or is added an "official" announcement would be made.

9. ishtar

ishtar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    he should delete that whole sub forum, it wil make his work easy :)

ishtar, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  10. Firegirl

Firegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    I say the current changes and the ones down the road are going to be awesome. I haven't been here for too incredibly long, but I have certainly noticed the difference in the type of people that have been attracted to DP lately. VCC exchanges, money exchanges, etc. have been attracting people that add NO quality to the board. I come here to read up on website topics that interest me and talk/chat to intelligent people around the world. Now maybe I can actually DO that....WOOHOO!

Thank you guys for trying to make the board a better place for learning! Beers for all the mods! (except for MaryMary, I heard how crazy SHE is drunk!)

Firegirl, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  11. allout

allout Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    And there is a bunch that are getting infractions for nonsense. Most forums have a warning system for honest mistakes. For example, if a category is similar and it really could fit in either category, that should be a warning that maybe it should be in the other category instead of an infraction. Serious violation on the other hand are often ignored. Hopefully some of that will be addressed in your discussions. IMHO

allout, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  12. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    We can find out next time Crazy_Rob has his next pool party, I hear they can be pretty somber and tranquil..:rolleyes:..Not!!!!

lpstong, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  13. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well said. The other day I was infracted for posting "what a stupid question" when someone asked "who is cleverer john chow or shoemoney?". Apparantly it was a personal attack. :rolleyes:

mikey1090, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  14. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    What are you talking about? You seem pretty clueless as to what goes on behind the scenes here. Where are you getting your info?

Many things are moved/deleted w/o infractions.

Infractions ARE warnings....often for honest mistakes. You're allowed up to ten honest mistakes.

You have six pages of infractions....and you make 25 posts per day.

WE should be bitching about YOU! :mad::mad:

Crazy_Rob, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  15. GuyFromChicago

Best Answers:
    You really don't know who gets infractions for what. People get warned all the time and more often than not threads get moved without infractions or warnings being issued. You're making broad stroke statements about how this forum is moderated without any facts what-so-ever.

16. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Rob gone crazy? My friend listen it is quiet usual from him. :D

Good point Aaron! Hope politics & religion forum also will disappear soon considering this is a webmaster forum.

Great changes Rob! Your efforts to keep the forum clean and free from spammers is priceless. :)

maldives, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  17. Agent_Dweeb

Agent_Dweeb Peon

Best Answers:
    Ooo ouch, that hurt quite a bit.

Agent_Dweeb, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  18. RichUser

RichUser Banned

Best Answers:
    I need more then extra attention ;)

RichUser, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  19. Agent_Dweeb

Agent_Dweeb Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know what you are thinking RichUser, you sell ebooks, which is nothing against the rules and shouldn't be.

Agent_Dweeb, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  20. dreamsubmitting

dreamsubmitting Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A great move by Rob looking forward for ban digg and stumble exchanges

Dilpreet

dreamsubmitting, Jan 17, 2008 IP
    maldives likes this.