1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Case Study of 3waylinks.net

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by mohms, Jan 14, 2008.

Hello all, I am starting a case study to see if the $47 a month membership at 3waylinks.net is worth paying for. I created a website dedicated to the case study at http://www.3waylinkscasestudy.com.

I am setting up adsense sites and only using 3waylinks.net to get inbound links to the sites, and that is it. No other promotion or link building will be done.

If all goes well, I will build some ebay aff sites with BANS and do the same thing for them.

I will be posting regularly to the site, so check it often to see the updates and results. If this thread stays alive, I will post some updates here too.

PS
    Mr. Leger, I know you frequent this forum, so if you see this, let me know what you think!

mohms, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  2. Erf

Erf Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm interested to see how this goes since I was going to do something similar.

Erf, Jan 15, 2008 IP
  3. mohms

mohms Active Member

Best Answers:
    Got my first adsense site up and running, but ran into a problem getting it approved at 3waylinks.net. They wont accept a site unless it has atleast 2 pages indexed in google. I will have to put up some temporary links to get the sites indexed. Check out the "recent blog" link next to my username for more of an update...

peace!

mohms, Jan 16, 2008 IP
  4. Demonez666

Demonez666 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would prefer to get link from more relevant sites ;)

But just take my post with a grain of salt. Haven't tried that service yet. Keep us updated with this case study if you don't mind

Demonez666, Jan 16, 2008 IP
  5. mohms

mohms Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thats what I thought, but a report from John Leger says different. Supposedly all that matters is the Anchor text, not the "theme" of the site where your link comes from. All of this is backed by real numbers and studys, not just a "guru" telling you shit he "believes" is right.

By the way he is the owner of 3waylinks.net. I will spare you the affiliate link to the report... :D It is at searchenginemythsexposed.com. The report is free, but you do have to sign up for his mailing list. I would recommend the report, it is very eye opening. It is what made me decide to take on this case study project in the first place.

mohms, Jan 16, 2008 IP
  6. andrewpnlp

andrewpnlp Member

Best Answers:
    Mohms,
    Thanks for sharing, I've just subscribed to your feed.

Nice looking template you've got there - is it an open source one we can get from somewhere?

Regards,
    Andy

andrewpnlp, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  7. mohms

mohms Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for subscribing! The template is a wordpress theme. It is "Cutline", but I modded it pretty heavily.

mohms, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  8. btsx

btsx Peon

Best Answers:
    This should be interesting, please keep us updated!!

btsx, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  9. j.cardell01

j.cardell01 Peon

Best Answers:
    i think one-way backlinks are have a greater weighting than 3waylinks....

j.cardell01, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  10. j.cardell01

j.cardell01 Peon

Best Answers:
    How many visitors p/day were you receiving on average before you begun this 3-way-link case study...?

j.cardell01, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  11. mohms

mohms Active Member

Best Answers:
    these are one way links. Site A links to site B which links to site C which links back to site A. Catch all that?

ZERO. I am building sites from scratch to ensure an unbaised case study. Currently, I have 3 sites live, one of which is complete. the other 2 only need all the articles uploaded. I am going to make a total of 5 sites for the case study (for now).

It seems 3waylinks.net is experiencing some problems though. the site has been down since last night. according to an email, they are moving the site to a more secure server. All good in the long run I suppose...

mohms, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  12. davewashere

davewashere Active Member

Best Answers:
    This should be a very interesting study. If this works, I could see a lot more sites setting up 3-way linking systems, which will force the brains at Google and other search engines to come up with a way to detect this and penalize.

davewashere, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  13. mohms

mohms Active Member

Best Answers:
    An update for ya...

I have 3 sites complete, but 3waylinks.net is still migrating to a different server, so they are not accepting any new sites at this point. Hopefully they will be done soon, so I can get on with the study!

Atleast this gives me some time to finish my bathroom remodel! ;)

mohms, Jan 19, 2008 IP
  14. justnaturally

justnaturally Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats not good so far.

Do I have this right. 49 dollars, just to be able to trade with people. There are things like that for free.

Am I missing something? like backlinks or gotlinks, whichever it is. Has this service free. You can trade with all 4000 people, FREE.

Again, maybe I am missing something.

justnaturally, Jan 21, 2008 IP
  15. ManU2Mech

ManU2Mech Peon

Best Answers:
    Is that theme permanent or temporary??? Content and Layout is good.... Just needs a bit of colors..

ManU2Mech, Jan 22, 2008 IP
  16. mohms

mohms Active Member

Best Answers:
    The layout is there for good, maybe I will add colors if I get the time. Thanks for the suggestion!

An update on the sites...
    I have 3 live sites with 3waylinks.net. Apparently the system is still not adding links until they complete the final server move. An email I got yesterday said this should be complete today, and the new server is a "powerhouse". The delay I don't mind as long as the new server is as good as claimed, and the service is uninterrupted from here on out.

I am going to try to get the next 2 sites up by tomorrow. I will post an update when I get a few links to the sites.

mohms, Jan 22, 2008 IP
  17. mohms

mohms Active Member

Best Answers:
    Update:
    5 sites up and running. 3 live in the 3waylinks network, and 2 waiting to be indexed by google. the 3 sites live are getting links daily. most of the links coming in to the sites are PR0 so it will take a while for the link juice to be applied to the site. Hopefully I will start seeing organic traffic within the next couple of weeks.

a note to those who subscribed to my blog feed for this case study. I am only going to post results there. I dont want to clog the blog with "updates"

PEACE

mohms, Jan 24, 2008 IP
  18. mohms

mohms Active Member

Best Answers:
    Got my first adsense clicks already!

I had 7 clicks on two of my sites yesterday for a total of almost $3! The visitors were from google.
    I suspect this could just be google giving the new sites a temporary high ranking as I have seen this happen with most of my new sites in the past. We will see what happens in the long run...

mohms, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  19. jahwise

jahwise Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it is a great site. I have used it before. They helped me get top ten rankings for my site. I would recommend it. J

jahwise, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  20. jahwise

jahwise Peon

Best Answers:
    I would also highly recommend starting a message board forum for your website, and then stuffing it full of content rich - helpful - articles that your visitors can use. THis skyrocketed my traffic. J

jahwise, Jan 25, 2008 IP