1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google AdSense begins rich media beta test

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by jnm, Feb 2, 2006.

From this article...
    http://www.jensense.com/archives/2006/01/google_adsense_8.html

But my question is why all the hoopla about pictures above ads being against TOS and the need for visible borders and this and that (things that would cause CTR to go up) when Google is planning to implement techniques like floating ads for deliberate CTR increases?

jnm, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  2. unknownseo

unknownseo Peon

Best Answers:
    I hate floating ads. I think Google is reaching for new lows.

unknownseo, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  3. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Frankly, I wish Google would hurry up and get into the CPM race already. I'd love to have nothing but Google ads on my site, CPM banners and Adsense. That way, I could get paid by one company, instead of a half dozen different ones that pays a half dozen different ways at a half dozen different dates. Plus, I could always use the other networks as defaults. Really, I think this is a good direction for Google. Why limit yourself to one ad when you can expand? Makes perfect sense to me.

jackburton2006, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  4. Serg

Serg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Floating ads?? Man those are SOOO annoying.. pop up land, here we come. I sure would NEVER allow those on my sites!

Serg, Feb 3, 2006 IP
  5. hyipfarm

hyipfarm Peon

Best Answers:
    floating ads make a site look damn cheap

hyipfarm, Feb 3, 2006 IP
  6. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think they should create rich banner ads but not floating and popup ads. I agree with anyone that says they are really really annoying. if all the pages have floating ads, it will just turn people off from your site.

qwestcommunications, Feb 3, 2006 IP
  7. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As long as they continue to provide adsense ads like they are now then they will find no one taking up the floating ads for their sites. I think Google knows better not to mess with something as good as adsense. Afterall, it is adsense that has allowed the company to stay well clear of Yahoo and MS.

qwestcommunications, Feb 3, 2006 IP
  8. Lisper

Lisper Guest

Best Answers:
    This sucks, Adsense made the web a whole lot cleaner by making it (usually) more profitable to show a relevant textad compared to popups etc. It actually made advertising respectable on sites whose visitors would not accept it before.

I already blocked adsense image ads myself in Firefox' adblocker as one site showed a very annoying animated ad through adsense.

Google definitely jumped the shark with the AOL deal. Negative news about them is appearing more and more. If Microsoft is smart they'll invest big time in their search engine and context based advertising the coming year, the time to attack Google is better than ever.

Lisper, Feb 3, 2006 IP
  9. BuildHome

BuildHome Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Floating ads is NOT what I need right now :\

BuildHome, Feb 3, 2006 IP
  10. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    I hope there's a backlash. If people start trying to block those things, they'll end up blowing away all adsense ads and there goes everybody's revenue.

nevetS, Feb 3, 2006 IP
  11. wwm

wwm Peon

Best Answers:
    yea google are walking on thin ice here in search of higher profits

wwm, Feb 3, 2006 IP
  12. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    They also make a lot of webmasters a lot of money. Myself included ;)

It's funny I see people here asking all the time "how do you make so much money!" I see now that those people obviously aren't serious about maiking cash. Webmaster Snobs make me laugh. Especially because they are the ones I dont have to worry about competing for ad revenue with.

Web Snob: I turn my nose up at anything but pretty contextual links because they look really nice with my design and I can control the colors and stuff.

Me: :)

The answer is to diversify. For most that means 5 or 6 ad companies. So when adsense becomes a one stop shop I highly doubt people will be complaining. Hell I hope they add intersatials!

Besides if you dont want to use the ad formats you dont have to. In fact feel free to leave all that ad revenue for the rest of us.

GeorgeB., Feb 3, 2006 IP