1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Supply GOOD SEO ADVICE and GET PAID!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by SEOguy101, Jan 16, 2008.

Hi Everyone!

I'm looking to pay someone via paypal right now $25 who can explain to me why all my rankings have dropped SIGNIFICANTLY for ALL my websites and my competitors rankings remained almost the same. I would like to think I am an "SEO expert", as I have been doing seo for nearly a year, however, all of my websites suddenly tanked in Google. If you can fix my problem and give me sound advice, and I consider it to be the REASON WHY my rankings dropped I will pay you $25. Okay, so here we go here are some of my websites that dropped:

DashKitsCovers.com Previously #5 for "dash kits" now #685

UniqueScion.com Previously #8 for "scion tc body kits" now #34. Previously #16 for "scion tc parts" now #146

BunkBedsPedia.com Previously #5 for "bunk beds" now #83

RJLenterprisesseo.com Previously #73 for "seo services" now #559

Many of my other sites rankings dropped as well (I own 15-20 websites many are blogs).

What Happened to Your Rankings?
    I have watched my investment in websites assets become worthless as of SERP changes on January 15th, 2008 and than a few more less significant drops on January 16th.

Whats Your Theory?
    I have a few theories including heavy interlinking of my websites or linking them all to my seo website, but I'm not really sure what caused the drop in rankings. The only thing they all have in common is that they all linked to my seo site (as of yesterday): rjlenterprisesseo.com. I removed the link from a couple of websites to see what would happen.

To get the $25 be the first to provide sound reasoning and advice that I find acceptable. I may pay more if you are exceptionally good and my rankings improve soon after I put your advice into action.

SEOguy101, Jan 16, 2008 IP
  2. HeeLiX

HeeLiX Banned

Best Answers:
    Well.

Other websites have joined your niche.

They probably updated faster and provided more content.

Your competitors are probably doing really good with seo also.

Maybe you are trying too hard.

HeeLiX, Jan 16, 2008 IP
  3. EzBusinessNeeds.com

EzBusinessNeeds.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Obviously not....
    His websites are indexing pretty well in Google.

EzBusinessNeeds.com, Jan 16, 2008 IP
  4. EzBusinessNeeds.com

EzBusinessNeeds.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Currently not free to take a good luck at your websites.
    If still no one is able to offer you some good advice, i will be back in at night.

5. SEOguy101

SEOguy101 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Other websites have joined your niche.
    My Response: This just doesnt make sense. If this were true it would mean that for my dash kits niche 800 sites popped up overnight and suddenly ranked above me.

They probably updated faster and provided more content.
    Most of the sites ranking higher havent changed much of the content at all recently.

Your competitors are probably doing really good with seo also.
    This may be true...however, if this were the reason it still wouldn't explain my sites all dropping at the same exact time. They would drop slowly as a result of competitors doing better SEO over time.

Maybe you are trying too hard.
    Well if you mean too much interlinking with my other blogs and sites-than ,maybe, yes. Also, could be too many links too fast....but I doubt this.

6. SEOguy101

SEOguy101 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks look forward to your advice!

7. HeeLiX

HeeLiX Banned

Best Answers:
    Keyword demand probably dropping also.

The niche market of yours is probably going down a little bit, so therefor it is ranked less.

Or maybe your site got listed on some bad sites and it did something google didn't like.

Or maybe it will all be back to normal shortly.

I am sure there is a reasonable explanation, it's just we don't know how google works, and we never will lol

HeeLiX, Jan 16, 2008 IP
  8. markz07

markz07 Peon

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, I think your sites are affected in what they call the Google Dance, Google changes its Algorithm frequently and if I'm not mistaken, your rankings will return on a week or two.

Regarding your competitor's site who remained their rankings, I think their site is established or they're old, age is a factor. Also, maybe they have strong backlinks that's why they stayed on their positions.

If you don't update your content, well try to update or add some into it because SE's loves fresh contents. Just don't panic and continue what you're doing, just avoid doing something bad. ;)

markz07, Jan 16, 2008 IP
  9. SEOguy101

SEOguy101 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Best answer so far....most competitors have much older sites, however, I have a lot more quality links than many of them.

10. wwwhome

wwwhome Active Member

Best Answers:
    IMO,Google changed algorithm,now,they think these websites are owned by one.

wwwhome, Jan 16, 2008 IP
  11. SEOguy101

SEOguy101 Active Member

Best Answers:
    PM response from another DP member:

Hello,
    i have checked your website and found one thing which might affect your ranking.

i m considering one site here
    http://www.eclipsecartuner.com/
    now on this site at the footer you have placed all other site's link. and that link is sitewide, my advise is that never go for sitewide links.

i think all your sites are hosted on same server so ip might be same. and you are giving sitewide links to your own sites. this may be affect your ranking. PM me if you have any doubt or query.

i did not give reply on your post as i am in office.

regards

12. SEOguy101

SEOguy101 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. I think this could be the primary reason. One of the sites I am closely partnered with that has many of the same links (www.dashtrimkitstore.com) has also suffered when I dropped to #30 for dash kits they dropped to #29. I did a test and asked them to remove my sitewide SEO link to rjlenterprisesseo.com; I, however, kept the link to my sitewide link to my seo site. Than today, there ranking stayed at #29 for dash kits and mine fell to #685.

13. SEOguy101

SEOguy101 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think I found the answer after reviewing many of the responses. I recently purchased bunkbedspedia.com, for instance and moved it to my godaddy server. I just noticed that most of my sites are hosted on an IP adress starting with 208.109.181. If they all have sitewide links to and from each other and similar ip addresses, Im assuming google placed something in the algorythm to rank sites lower that have too many links from same IP address websites.

14. markz07

markz07 Peon

Best Answers:
    that's right, what's your plan now??? :D

markz07, Jan 16, 2008 IP
  15. EzBusinessNeeds.com

EzBusinessNeeds.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Google Dance? Come on this term has been eliminated since 2007.

16. EzBusinessNeeds.com

EzBusinessNeeds.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Use 301 redirect to spread out the effect. Register wordpress, blogger and other blogging services and point your site to these blogs and redirect the link to your site with 301.

17. markz07

markz07 Peon

Best Answers:

a ok... what do they call it now???

markz07, Jan 16, 2008 IP
  18. expertseobug

expertseobug Peon

Best Answers:
    The discussion so far is really useful
    I would like to suggest some more points in terms of linking of your website

Chk if there is any paid links of your links, Google penalize paid links
    Also chk for reciprocal links, Google does not like Reciprocal links.

As you have achieved good PR in a very short time span of 5 mnths. Google must b keeping eye on ur sites.

All the very best!!!

expertseobug, Jan 16, 2008 IP
  19. gtull1

gtull1 Guest

Best Answers:

gtull1, Jan 16, 2008 IP
  20. EzBusinessNeeds.com

EzBusinessNeeds.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Matter of fact there is no more Google dance. If you have a relatively young site of less than 1 year and is experiencing sudden rise in SERPS for a day or two, followed by a quick drop to bottom result and eventually disappear from SERPS, most likely your site is experiencing sandbox effect.