1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MSN is crawling but not indexing site

Discussion in 'Bing' started by people76, Feb 2, 2006.

Everbody knows MSN is easy too rank well (if you know something about onpage opt.) and working very fast.
    It hapenned severals times to me, that my niche site is ranked well, just after several days.

However...

About 2 weeks ago I put another site on the server. I get some links and noticed that MSN bot visited my site after one , or two days. Everyday bot is doing the same. Check robots.txt and go to the home page. Everyday form two weeks... But site is not still indexed in ranking... however command link:domain.com gives about 60 results.

I have one seroius suspicion why MSN dont like to index my site. All the content is grabed form free articles sites. Of course officially I can do it if giving full author footer (what I am doing), but I belive if site cantains ONLY free articles can be see as a duplicate content.

Do you have any similar experience? What do you think?

people76, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  2. adamjthompson

adamjthompson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds to me like your site is indexed fine, just not well ranked. And yeh, dup content sure won't help your rankings.

adamjthompson, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  3. gordonfreeman

gordonfreeman Peon

Best Answers:
    you could try rewriting the articles, every search engine loves original content

gordonfreeman, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  4. QuickBuck

QuickBuck Guest

Best Answers:
    Most of the free article sites say that you cannot alter the content of the articles you pull. Is it OK to alter them? If you leave the author's name and links there and do not change the meaning of the material -- just make it your own?

QuickBuck, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  5. people76

people76 Guest

Best Answers:
    @adamjthompson
    I belive site is not indexed, not only not ranks well - command "site:domain.com" gives no results

@Quickback - I dont change articles, I think it is not right. I just see, maybe if you have some orginal content and some free articles extra, maybe it is working ok. If you put only free articles MSN will not like your site :(

people76, Feb 3, 2006 IP
  6. naorem

naorem Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, with most of your articles being duplicated, I don't think your site stands a chance of being ranked. Instead of placing the duplicated material, why don't you try to redo them, say rewrite them, using the different tools available for keyword optimization. your site would then look authentic, and who knows,the ranking may jump up.

naorem, Feb 3, 2006 IP
  7. people76

people76 Guest

Best Answers:
    thank you naorem
    what tools do you mean for exapmle?

people76, Feb 3, 2006 IP