1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Butterfly Marketing

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by brb, Jan 30, 2006.

1. brb

brb Peon

Best Answers:
    I think some clever spam...that is the first time I ever clicked on a spam link in a forum post so that is a much better way to actually get results......if it wasn't spam and you just made an error in posting the butterfly marketing I apologize.

brb, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  2. Greg-J

Greg-J I humbly return to you.

Best Answers:
    I think you're right. I hate to be accusatory, but all signs point to spam.

Greg-J, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  3. gcarlson

gcarlson Peon

Best Answers:
    A lot of people automatically assume these internet marketing things are BS, but I beg to differ. I can't comment about Butterfly Marketing in particular, but I will usually buy the ones I'm interested in and if I don't think it was worth it, I'll send it back and get my money back. I recommend you do the same.

Most of the ones I buy, I keep because I really learn something and apply the strategies to my sites. I think a very small percentage of people actually are able to make the content work for them, but I'm telling you, if you happen to be one of those people, these things are great.

I don't consider myself to be a great internet marketer or anything, but I don't think I'm doing too shabby considering it's been less than a year that I really started implementing these things, as can be seen from my latest check from google.

Attached Files:

gcarlson, Feb 1, 2006 IP
  4. KeithLDick

KeithLDick Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting..

for some reason the check I thought I got from Google came for Clickbank...

guess I was wrong... I wonder who it really was from...

KeithLDick, Feb 1, 2006 IP
  5. blackbug

blackbug Peon

Best Answers:
    Reminds me of last year when all the gurus were kicking up a fuss marketing the idea of "Joint Ventures" as if it was a product and not something people do. Creating paid mailing lists and exclusive paid subscriber websites full of people WITH NOTHING TO OFFER EACH OTHER.

There is one thing these guys are good at doing and that's building huge subscriber lists to sell to. (Ironically, if I'm to understand that this Butterfly thing is about).

Anyways.

blackbug, Feb 1, 2006 IP
  6. Brad Callen

Brad Callen Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes Mike is a great guy and I have had the privelage with working with hime a few times.

I was also one of the lucky people able to pre-view a copy of butterfly marketing before it went live and I can tell you it is not the same stuff re-arranged and re-packaged.

What he is teaching is how he built his success online, gives you the tools he used to do this and also his exact method's on how he did this.

Its a very in depth package and I would say worth even more then the $997 it is being sold for. But it is only worth that price if you are going to use it.

If it means nothing to your site and your not interested, or dont implement anything from it, then of course you are not going to find any value out of it.

I will certainly be implementing features from this package in some of my new sites down the track.

Brad

Brad Callen, Feb 1, 2006 IP
  7. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Seems to be a great way to get people to go to your other site.
    Tell everyone about butterfly, click this link, and poof!
    Off to another site!

Admit it, you are just using this weird way to get people to go to your other site.

iowadawg, Feb 2, 2006 IP
    Greg-J likes this.
  8. Jim Guinn

Jim Guinn Peon

Best Answers:
    A new way to spam...that's all.

Jim

Jim Guinn, Feb 2, 2006 IP
    Greg-J likes this.
  9. flyer

flyer Peon

Best Answers:
    > Yes, Mike is a pretty good guy, but there are plenty of other good sources out there...whether you are new or seasoned...that don't cost $997.

Please let us know where you can buy the software in that package for $997. Oh wait, you can't, because you haven't bothered to see what the product actually is.

> I don't see any unconditional return policy. Otherwise I'd at least order it to see what it's all about and post my thoughts.

You might try looking at the sales letter. That's where you'll see it. 30 day refund policy, just ship it back.

It's just unbelievable how people trash stuff they haven't seen and know nothing about.

flyer, Feb 2, 2006 IP
    YoungSmeagol likes this.
  10. Greg-J

Best Answers:
    By definition, an unconditional return policy is without condition. The butterfly marketing return policy has a condition, hence it is conditional, ergo it is not Unconditional.

The reality in online marketing is these courses are all the same. We've all bought them. Whether they're The Rich Jerk, Mining Gold or one of the ones that are $1,000 like Internet Breakthrough Strategies; They're all the same. Some E-Book, some audio, some video. No matter what it's the same information spelled out differently.

Except here in this instance we get to pay an inordinate amount of money for Euphemisms and a lot more adjectives than we normally have to put up with. I read the "leaked" chapter before it was for sale, and it was nothing special; nothing new; nothing to write home about. If you want a self help book, buy the 7 (and 8th) habits of highly effective people. If you want an internet marketing book, get The Rich Jerk.

You're right, I haven't read it. But I don't need to study Scatology to know I don't want to look at crap all day.

Greg-J, Feb 2, 2006 IP
    Halobitt likes this.
  11. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    So true!
    But even the rich jerk is overpriced for the information you get.
    In fact, there is a lady who just wrote her own ebook after reading the rich jerk.
    She goes into more detail, gives more information away, and so forth.
    Do not know her site or name...but it is now out there.

The source codes you get in butterfly, you can go to other various coding sites where people sell codes, will create codes, etc and buy basically what his sites use for a lot less.

iowadawg, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  12. Greg-J

Best Answers:
    Can I get a AHMEN!

(I'm not sure it's a woman, but I know that they use a woman in their advertising, but some of their revenue shots state a name of "Holly Mann". Regardless, you can find it on ebay for like $15 searching for 'the rich jerk')

Greg-J, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  13. Brad Callen

Brad Callen Peon

Best Answers:
    It really depends on how you look at your online business then doesnt it.

If you treat it like a real business (as you should) then it is just an investment.

I plan to only walk away with 10-20% of new information from each product that I purchase, and I have them all. Traffic Secrets, Butterfly Marketing, Pre-Launch Secrets. You name it I have bought it.

And I can contribute much of my success to hard work, and implementing everything I can learn.

That is where the real value comes from. Many people will sit there, buy the product and complain about it being "the same stuff", "re-hashed IM techniques".

So they forget to search for the little nugget's of gold in each package. Hence the true value is missed.

Look beyond your initial view, and make good use of what you allready have, and then maybe the products will be worth it.

I do not beleive in re-inventing the wheel when it allready works. Sure you could go and get the software that comes with BFM (butterflymarketing) re-done at rentacoder.

But its no simple software, you would pay much much more then $997 to get it done at the same level. And you would probably miss out on functions that are critical to the way BFM works.

Mike has a brilliant product backed up by his success in a very very short time.

Not many people can build an extra 150,000 people to their lists in less then 6 months. Sure some really really viral new services can, but they are far and few between.

Brad

Brad Callen, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  14. Coupons

Coupons Active Member

Best Answers:
    I bought Butterfly Marketing (for $1035, because it's $997 + S/H), even already having similar products, because I just need to find a new good idea in this to be worth the money I paid. And with so much info, it's easy to find that gem :)

Coupons, Feb 9, 2006 IP
  15. Halobitt

Halobitt Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice wording Greg, not enough people use the word ergo now:D

I signed up for a lot of these guys mailing lists. Intersting how they all have their own spin on pushing the same product. That in itself must take quite a bit of work, I suppose there is an art to it really.

What is the most useful piece of software anyone has bought from these marketers? I was almost tempted by one by Willie Crawford that was for organising you life, and all the info we have stored on our computers.

Halobitt, Mar 2, 2006 IP
  16. Mister Tut

Mister Tut Guest

Best Answers:
    Halobitt, everything you need to know about organizing your life can be obtained free - there are more free sites on this than you can imagine.

For starters, check out these sites:
    Getting to done
    43 folders

Mister Tut, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  17. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    Many moons ago I purchased Cory Rudl's Internet Marketing secrets. It was my first purchase of such an item and was fairly pleased with it. Implemented a fair amount of the strategies and saw them work, however many didn't.

What I find very contradictory to many of these sales pitches and products is that they give you this line of "Well if you see it doesn't work, move on to another site or build another site."

Realistically, if I drop $50,000 in a new business the last thing I want to do is close that business and drop another $50,000 in a new business.

I have purchased other products (from other "gurus") since my original purchase but purely to look for additional strategies and ideas. Time is money and much of the information is available in these forums. Where I found it useful is that some of these products bundle the information together, throw the scripts you need and you are ready to go. That being said many of the scripts they included are available online for free or cheap through ebay, but unless you know about them or what they are called it'll be hard to run into them or find them.

Most of these gurus however IMO are missing the boat. If they were to set up mentoring programs, help newbies get off the ground and collect a % of revenues after they are up running they could stand to make more.

Most of these gurus state, if you don't make your $997 back in 6 months simply sent it back for a full refund. Interesting enough they could provide the tools for a 6 month period for free and then have the tools disabled after that if they are not registered or paid for. You don't see that happening.

my 2 cents
    Frank

LaCabra, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  18. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    Congratulations! Nice income!! Is that a consilated amount for several sites, or just one site?

:)
    Frank

LaCabra, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  19. ButterflyMarketing101

ButterflyMarketing101 Guest

Best Answers:
    I recently launched my first butterfly Site. I made $141 in less than 24 hours. This really works and is worth it's weight in gold, if you use it.

ButterflyMarketing101, Apr 10, 2006 IP
  20. Fahd

Fahd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good for you! Keep it a secret so you can cash in on it all by yourself? Thanks!

Fahd, Apr 10, 2006 IP